Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

2012 State Tournament Ranger Report

Well CC has 4 nationally ranked wrestlers just saw Paul Hamilton is 25th at 138 in the jr class .wrestling USA rankings .so if Yenter would have gotten the look and ranking he deserved they would have had 5 . That's pretty much on par with a lot of the better teams in the country .4 ranked wrestlers coming into next season is very impressive . They should hit Iron Man or Powerade next year a a team .

• Upvote 2

A guesstimate would be an overstatement pretty hard to tell where most kids will be other than hvys. Probably close within one class though ,Walton seems to have a pretty impressive coaching staff from top to bottom at all ages if they get the numbers they could build a dynasty . I have seen some lighter weight kids already jump at least three classes already no telling where everyone lands and the effects it has . ky is a littl wider open than some states it creates more mystery as to where everyone goes because some kida can hang at many weight classes!

Well CC has 4 nationally ranked wrestlers just saw Paul Hamilton is 25th at 138 in the jr class .wrestling USA rankings .so if Yenter would have gotten the look and ranking he deserved they would have had 5 . That's pretty much on par with a lot of the better teams in the country .4 ranked wrestlers coming into next season is very impressive . They should hit Iron Man or Powerade next year a a team .

I'm sorry but no way should Campbell be going to either of these tourneys as a team. Campbell would have maybe 3-4 who can compete and the other 8-10 are just along for the ride.

I understand that to be the best you have to compete with the best. But the majority of CC's wrestlers can't compete at this tourney. It would be a great cost to the team to travel that far for 3-4 wrestlers.

Campbell shouold send those 3 or 4 to that tourney only.

That's why the young lions can go booster up some funds , a for three or four you never know , let be honest the top teams generally have weak links themselves I have seen graham enter Iron Man with a few kids in weights that they have no chance I placing but they still go and still grow from the effort . Sorry but your thinking is backwards as I have said before what do you think the kids who wrestle who may not have college plans or not the skill to win state would remember from HS . They would remember the time they went to wrestle at one of the best tournys in the nation wrestled some of the best kids in the country and saw some and learned from watching the best wrestlers and coaches in the country .

Of course I want my kids to go but I find it odd people making excuses to keep out of the big tournys such a defeatist attitude cannot help the team the state or any kids make it to the next level .

Boosters / parents / fund raisers / ?heck I'd the state champions can't go anywhere and wrestle what's the point .

That's why the young lions can go booster up some funds , a for three or four you never know , let be honest the top teams generally have weak links themselves I have seen graham enter Iron Man with a few kids in weights that they have no chance I placing but they still go and still grow from the effort . Sorry but your thinking is backwards as I have said before what do you think the kids who wrestle who may not have college plans or not the skill to win state would remember from HS . They would remember the time they went to wrestle at one of the best tournys in the nation wrestled some of the best kids in the country and saw some and learned from watching the best wrestlers and coaches in the country .

Of course I want my kids to go but I find it odd people making excuses to keep out of the big tournys such a defeatist attitude cannot help the team the state or any kids make it to the next level .

Boosters / parents / fund raisers / ?heck If the state champions can't go anywhere and wrestle what's the point .

If a team that is the state champions and has 4 nationally ranked wrestlers is afraid to hang with the big boys then they should hang it up because they will never be ready . I do not see them or any other team in the state having any better chance at making a fair showing any time soon .

On another note CC should host a diesel tournament of their own they are a big school have a great history and should not let anyone outdo them in any aspect o the sport including tournaments !!!

This is where we disagree. Many wrestlers of today will not remember it as the time they wrestled in the best tourney in the nation and wrestled some of the best kids in the nation.

I would guess that most of the kids on the team (Campbell's included) can't even name 10 of the state champions from last years state tourney, let alone know anyone who is ranked nationally.

I've seen it 1st hand, even this year at the Ky state tourney. Many of the 2 and out kids go into the stands and sleep or just play around until the tourney is over. Didn't you see the matresses behind the bleachers at the state tourney? Kids were not even watching the state tourney once they were out. This is not mine or your generation of athletes. Like it or not, these are the "X-Box" kids. They want instant gratification for themselves.

If it's my kid, I want him going even if he doesn't make it to the second period and is a (Two and a Tee) kid. But teamwise you can't justify spending that kind of money on that kind of trip. If the tourney was local and had little travel I would agree with you 100%. With the exception of maybe Trinity no KY schools have the funding that Graham has.

I would even say most of the parents would not stay after their child is eliminated.

So they could go home ,most Graham parents do not travel to every tourny they do .i agree it's the Xbox gen but graham kids do not spend as much time xboxing as wrestling and I must disagree kids would remember travelling and the true wrestlers woul remember the studs and the blow up beds were for kids to rest between matches ,Gotta go kida gettin rings :)

Okay banquet is over rings are bad @ss and coach is trying to rev everyone up for next year pretty impressive Yenter going big ten Mich State ,as I said he should have been ranked and high .two open mats might be better than one a week but take what you can get ,

I wouldn't expect a kid to know ten state champs I bet you most HS coaches who were there couldn't name ten right now from last year bet you a gagillion bucks , some could most could not but I listen to some of the better kida in the state and country they pay attention to who is who and if more kids got on that level they would to I know I have seen a coach throw just above average kid in the national fire and most come out better for the beating CC kida would be no different . Stay big fish in a state pond or go out in the ocean and be a Shark .i know cc has a good youth and jr high squad but 4 nat ranked kids may never come their way again don't wait for something better when what you have is goo already they will not have the squad they have now or will have next yr for a long time if ever not knocking I just have a hunch and a little knowledge .

It's really kind of interesting how teams, coaches individuals etc. find ways to not compete. Even coaches stopping their best kids from competing at the highest levels. Its a shame.

• Upvote 1

Brock Ervin 5th at 126, Shaun Fauz 29th at 126,both fresh and soph ,Yenter,Chamberlee and Jude honorable mention .With Garths wins this year he should have been top 20 in my opinion easily ranked top 30 .

John Fahy was ranked 13th i believe for Srs .

Jayce Carr 26th at 132.

Interesting to see how the ALL class rankings turn out ,Fahy ,Stephen and Cooper should all have good shots being top 15 as Jrs and SRs anyone outside of top 15 will have it tough Brock should make it as a 5th at 126 not sure if Austin makes the list at 5th at 220 but it would be neat as HE!!

5 kids in the all class rankings would be pretty good i think but i say Yenter should have been in that as well .

Luke Rearic was ranked 27th for Juniors at 106lbs.....KY is finally showing up !!!!

True Buckeye, some kids want more some just want to keep what they got I guess it's the same with teams and coaches , we will see what direction everyone goes .i mentioned Rearic but missed him being ranked as I did Hamilton at first .so that's about 8 that are ranked and a handful more getting mentioned ,that's impressive ,

All class rankings coming out at the end of the month it will be interesting I know it's petty but when you see your kids starting from scratch as first graders and do the whole thing all out for years it's cool seeing your kids name mentioned with some kids who they used to look up to , I remember Stephen watching a pa wrestler as a youth and being awed by him then actually wrestling him at Iron Man years later he lost but there were others he looked up to and beat and said to me they are not that good any more and I looked at him and said no you are better end of story .