Campbellsville KY

Cumberland TN

Cumberlands KY

Indiana Tech

Lindsey Wilson KY

Missouri Baptist

Shorter GA

Truett-McConnell GA

I believe Campbellsville and Lindsey Wilson should battle for the championship.

What are your thoughts. Teams to watch, wrestlers to watch.

East Group

Weight Class Rank First Name Last Name School

125 1 Larone Madison Cumberlands (Ky.)

125 2 Gabriel Roman Missouri Baptist

125 3 Deteoreious Prayther Missouri Baptist

125 4 Andre Sanders Indiana Tech

125 5 Conner Hughes Indiana Tech

125 6 Jarvis Elam Campbellsville (Ky.)

133 1 Tim Thurston Campbellsville (Ky.)

133 2 Keith Klink Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

133 3 Travis Barroquillo Indiana Tech

133 4 Jacob McCombs Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

133 5 gabriel miller Truett‐McConnell (Ga.)

133 6 Chris Padilla Missouri Baptist

141 1 Tommy Pretty Campbellsville (Ky.)

141 2 Chris Teague Campbellsville (Ky.)

141 3 DaMonte Riley Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

141 4 Isaac Thomas Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

141 5 Martin Rubalcaba Missouri Baptist

141 6 Joshua Rinehart Shorter (Ga.)

149 1 Anthonie Linares Cumberlands (Ky.)

149 2 Matt Milton Campbellsville (Ky.)

149 3 Esmond Ford Missouri Baptist

149 4 Reece Lefever Indiana Tech

149 5 Robert Collum Shorter (Ga.)

149 6 Michael Gonzalez Cumberland (Tenn.)

157 1 Uxsunn Ramirez Missouri Baptist

157 2 Charles Pingleton Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

157 3 Conor Young Campbellsville (Ky.)

157 4 Nick waldrop Campbellsville (Ky.)

157 5 Gregory Lane Shorter (Ga.)

157 6 Jacob Shirley Cumberland (Tenn.)

165 1 Wally Figaro Shorter (Ga.)

165 2 Zachary Barkett Cumberlands (Ky.)

165 3 Eziekiel Hunt Cumberland (Tenn.)

165 4 paul gryniuk Campbellsville (Ky.)

165 5 James Haywood Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

165 6 Kafuba Donzon Indiana Tech

174 1 Joseph Stephens Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

174 2 Josh Ashbrook Campbellsville (Ky.)

174 3 Raleigh Abbott Shorter (Ga.)

174 4 Tanner Martin Indiana Tech

174 5 Andrew Carter‐Johnson Missouri Baptist

174 6 Justin Jenkins Missouri Baptist

184 1 Weston Keleher Missouri Baptist

184 2 Cody Linton Cumberland (Tenn.)

184 3 Allen Scruggs Campbellsville (Ky.)

184 4 Dustin Boyd Indiana Tech

184 5 patrick blankenbeker Truett‐McConnell (Ga.)

184 6 Scott Stewart Cumberland (Tenn.)

197 1 Jamelle Jones Campbellsville (Ky.)

197 2 Spencer Adams Campbellsville (Ky.)

197 3 Lucas Keene Missouri Baptist

197 4 John Hoyt Shorter (Ga.)

197 5 Courtney Freeman Cumberlands (Ky.)

197 6 joseph jerome Truett‐McConnell (Ga.)

HWT 1 Andrew Ewers Shorter (Ga.)

HWT 2 Joe Kent Missouri Baptist

HWT 3 Christopher Rowland Shorter (Ga.)

HWT 4 Derek Nickel Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

HWT 5 Michael Pezzuto Cumberlands (Ky.)

HWT 6 Theodore Furnish Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)

141 tough from top to bottom. Two weeks ago Pretty was 4th seed at MSC and ended up winning that tournament.

I would watch out for Lindsey Wilson; I don't know if they will win it or not but I would love to see them do it. Although I'm rooting for Lindsey, I think Campbellsville will win it in a close one with them.

Wrestlers to watch:

125 - I don't even really know about this weight. Other than Larone Madison with Papesh gone will have an easier way to winning this weight at the Qualifier.

133 - Keith Klink (LWC): the guy is a grinder and not afraid to be physical when someone gets that way. Also a senior and rooting for him to finally AA

141 - Monte Riley (LWC): Owns a win over pretty at the Ohio Northern Invitational

149 - Matt Milton (CAU): saw him wrestle a good amount last year and real tough. I believe was a NQ last year.

157 - Overall good weight class Young owns a win over Pingleton but I see Pingleton avenging that loss and then beating the Missouri Baptist kid.

165 - Hopefully Courtney is back and in wrestling shape

174 - Ian Stephens (LWC) dominates this weight class in the east region, I expect him and Ashbrook in the finals with another dominating performance by Stephens

184 - If wrestling here, I'll pick Andrew Hairston (LWC) as a dark horse here, when he's on he is good but depends on how he starts out.

197 - If wrestling here, Bradford (LWC) as another guy who will shake things up with wins over Adams

285 - Nickel (LWC): has come more a live toward the end of the season and I believe is hitting his peak right around now which is good and I believe he will win a medal here this weekend but I don't know about being in the finals.

Hawk_Eye, did Papesh graduate, transfer, or redshirting?

Nice weight by weight breakdown. That is what I was hoping to get from other wrestling fans. (I am getting used to KY wrestling forums, in my state there would be dozens of comments, responses, and opinions to a post like this).

I do think 133 and 141 may be the most closely contested weight classes, but have to admit I don't follow weight classes over 149 very close.

I think he already red-shirted a couple of years ago but I want to say that he has a year or two of eligibilty left but either quit or got kicked off the team. Lol thanks for the comment on the breakdown but yeah I usually follow along the topics on themat.com that deal with college wrestling because on here no one ever has anything to say. I follow most of the upper weights especially 197 because thats what I wrestled for a little while but I like to try to get into every weight class. You follow D1 any?

1 Larone Madison Cumberlands (Ky.) Senior with a 26 - 3 record. WBF over Sanders in December

2 Gabriel Roman Missouri Baptist RSJR with a 10 – 2 record. Missed early part of the season and has not wrestled any of the top six this year.

3 Deteoreious Prayther Missouri Baptist Junior with a 5-2 record.

4 Andre Sanders Indiana Tech

5 Conner Hughes Indiana Tech 25-18 with two wins over teammate Andre Sanders. Split two matches with Lindsey Wilson wrestler Leo Hardy

6 Jarvis Elam Campbellsville (Ky.) RS Junior 9 – 10 lost twice to Larone

I like the fact that there is a thread about this tournament and we are finally talking about how well Campbellsville and Lindsey Wilson are doing this year, but Hawk Eye you are quite the LW fan. Nothing wrong with that, but you might want to reign in some of your enthusiasm on some of your picks.

125- Larone Madison's to lose-clearly the best at this weight.

133- Tim Thurston is still a little rusty, but if he is on, Klink will get more than he can handle.

141- Advantage Campbellsville. Pretty has more experience, although he and Riley have split this year and Teague took it to Riley in their only match.

149- Not real sure here. If Milton wrestles the way he is capable I agree with you, but he can be inconsistent so this weight could be a crap shoot.

157- Should be the most entertaining with four wrestlers capable of winning, Pingleton, Young, Ramirez, and Waldrop. I would like to see Pingleton and Young again, but Ramirez is tough and Waldrop could be the sleeper.

165- At the beginning of the year I heard a lot about Haywood, but he hasn't lived up to the hype-if he can it would be a big win for LW. This weight is up for grabs. BTW has Courtney even wrestled this year?

174- Stephens is the favorite, but Ashbrook closed the gap in their last match losing 3-1. Could be an exciting finals match.

184- Keleher and Scruggs are who I see in the finals in a coin flip.

197- Jones from Campbellsville no doubt. Is Bradford even wrestling?

Heavy- I'm pulling for Nickle because he is a KY boy and I don't know anything about any of the others.

This should be a good tournament, but Campbellsville is clearly the favorite. Regardless of who wins, KY is well represented with our wrestlers and our schools, something all fans in the state should be proud of. If we want to grow wrestling in this state we need to get behind all of the wrestlers and all of the teams on every level and generate enthusiasm to create a wider fan base. Too bad this tournament and our state tournament are this weekend, it would have been great to have the opportunity to see them both this weekend.

133 Thurston beat Klink 4 - 2 at the MSC a few weeks ago. Klink is wrestling really well at this time, but I still think it is Thurston's to lose. That being said, I also believe there are four or five wrestler's in this class that have a serious shot of winning it.

141 Pretty definately has the experience and looked good during his last match against Riley.

157 Ramirez and Young both beat Pingleton in mid-January; however, Charlie has been on a roll since then winning his next five matches in pretty convincing manner.

wrestler145 - I agree...Regardless of who wins, KY is well represented with our wrestlers and our schools, something all fans in the state should be proud of. If we want to grow wrestling in this state we need to get behind all of the wrestlers and all of the teams on every level and generate enthusiasm to create a wider fan base. Too bad this tournament and our state tournament are this weekend, it would have been great to have the opportunity to see them both this weekend....

I am from Ohio and there is a true passion for the sport here. The wrestling forums are fun and educational (keeping up with the teams and athletes) and heavily used. My son now wrestles for a KY team, and I hope to see the same passion grow. I think forums like this are a great way to fuel the fire and keep fans interested by providing insight, opinions, and updates on our favorite teams and wrestlers.

I'm biased but I think Nickel is in the finals at 285 this weekend. He placed 3rd at the Missouri Valley Invite beating the 5th and 7th ranked kids in the nation along the way. I think and believe he will come up big this weekend.

I'm not saying there is not a passion for the sport of wrestling in the state of Kentucky, but we pale in comparison to Ohio. The sport is established in Ohio, while we are trying to grow the sport here. I believe we are on the right track with a few schools adding the sport each year. I believe Taylor County announced they are starting a team next year and the success of Campbellsville's wrestling program combined with their youth wrestling program in the community have made that possible. The counties around Campbellsville and Columbia have so many talented coaches and wrestlers to use as a resource that it would be a shame if we can't get more schools in that area to add such a challenging, rewarding sport. With the success of our high school wrestlers on the national level and the success of our in state NAIA programs we are headed in the right direction.

I wasn't aware of Adair County adding a program and yes, LW can take a lot of credit for generating interest in the sport throughout the community. Like I said, if Taylor County and Adair County will use the coaches and wrestlers around them, they could possibly create a couple of really good programs provided the kids come out and the parents and school district embrace the sport.

I like the fact that there is a thread about this tournament and we are finally talking about how well Campbellsville and Lindsey Wilson are doing this year, but Hawk Eye you are quite the LW fan. Nothing wrong with that, but you might want to reign in some of your enthusiasm on some of your picks.

125- Larone Madison's to lose-clearly the best at this weight.

133- Tim Thurston is still a little rusty, but if he is on, Klink will get more than he can handle.

141- Advantage Campbellsville. Pretty has more experience, although he and Riley have split this year and Teague took it to Riley in their only match.

149- Not real sure here. If Milton wrestles the way he is capable I agree with you, but he can be inconsistent so this weight could be a crap shoot.

157- Should be the most entertaining with four wrestlers capable of winning, Pingleton, Young, Ramirez, and Waldrop. I would like to see Pingleton and Young again, but Ramirez is tough and Waldrop could be the sleeper.

165- At the beginning of the year I heard a lot about Haywood, but he hasn't lived up to the hype-if he can it would be a big win for LW. This weight is up for grabs. BTW has Courtney even wrestled this year?

174- Stephens is the favorite, but Ashbrook closed the gap in their last match losing 3-1. Could be an exciting finals match.

184- Keleher and Scruggs are who I see in the finals in a coin flip.

197- Jones from Campbellsville no doubt. Is Bradford even wrestling?

Heavy- I'm pulling for Nickle because he is a KY boy and I don't know anything about any of the others.

This should be a good tournament, but Campbellsville is clearly the favorite. Regardless of who wins, KY is well represented with our wrestlers and our schools, something all fans in the state should be proud of. If we want to grow wrestling in this state we need to get behind all of the wrestlers and all of the teams on every level and generate enthusiasm to create a wider fan base. Too bad this tournament and our state tournament are this weekend, it would have been great to have the opportunity to see them both this weekend.

I agree with you at 133 wrestler145, Thurston is a beast and Klink has closed the gap but he also been blown out by thurston too. Lol but if you did notice I gave a breakdown of mostly LW guys. Honestly I have no idea if Bradford is wrestling or not now. But I'll list my picks for the weight classes since I kind of only gave a breakdown of the LWC ones.

Predictions:

125: Madison

133: Hoping for Klink but thinking Thurston

141: Pretty, last time wrestled Riley was a blowout

149: Picking Milton here

157: Pingleton

165: Figaro - just going with the seed number here, haven't followed this weight really

174: Stephens

184: Linton - Just to stir up some trouble

197: Jones

285: Nickel

Ontheline, huge Big 10 fan especially the golden golphers of minnesota ( I know the name suggests differently but I got it from the show mash). How about that Dardanes-Steiber match?

Dardanes is the real deal for sure, but I am a full blow Stieber fan! LOL I had the opportunity to see both Stieber's wrestle many times, and my son had the opportunity to wrestle Logan a half dozen time through middle and high school. All three are great kids / men (both Stiebers and my son:)

I know my next statement is true for every quality wrestler, but here goes. Hunter learns everytime he wrestles an opponent and with that said, I would expect an even better outcome for him the next time they wrestle. (Now the flip side, Nick Dardanes is also a great wrestler and I am sure he learned from his first match with Hunter). Bottomline - between Nick, Hunter, Sueflohn, Marion, and Russell...the Big 10 141 class is LOADED!

A couple good Buckeyes found their way to Minnesota a few years ago. I am referring to the Schlater brothers...Dustin won the NCAA title his freshman year. Unfortunately, they were always injured when the Gophers came to Columbus for the annual dual.

That's awesome about seeing the Stiebers wrestle. I would like to see both Dardanes' brothers and Steiber' brothers wrestle again. Wish I could go to Big Ten's and NCAA's this year but gotta miss them for the first time in six years because of money.

Question - an NAIA team can send fourteen wrestlers. Do they all score team points in a tournament or does the team have to "choose" a wrestler in each weight class that counts towards the team score?

I haven't followed LW or Campbellsville much this year, but what happened with Bradbury and Johnson are they hurt?

Myron had Tommy John surgery and Josh took a red-shirt.

Question - an NAIA team can send fourteen wrestlers. Do they all score team points in a tournament or does the team have to "choose" a wrestler in each weight class that counts towards the team score?

An NAIA can only send twelve wrestlers. I believe all twelve can score team points in the tournament or they choose the top 10 scorers on the team. They actually don't have to have all the weight classes filled, they can have 6 weight classes with 2 wrestles each or some other combination but they can only have 2 guys in a weight class no more than that. McKendree which is Division II now, I believe had a guy who was an NAIA Champ and the back up finished third or fourth that year also.