Sign in to follow this  
leroy34

State dual results.

Union won 160. Shawn and Bernard are the only two that owned anything in the upper weights.

Probably splitting hairs, but I'd argue that BJ Carmen and Drew Newberry did as well. Either way, Union showed up and took care of business. Congrats to them.

So are the results official? The best we can get is Union won and LaRue pretty much owned from 160 to 285, Union owned the rest.

Can we get a final score and maybe, the individual results?

138 Gahofer fall Perez

145 Ervin dec ???

152 Risinger dec Canter

160 Sheffer dec Whitlock ?

170 Hull fall Morris

182 Ray maj Carter

195 Carmen maj Smith

220 Newberry fall Wilkens

285 Meredith dec Brown

106 Dezember dec Edlin

113 Blackwell fall Sheldon

120 Wurth dec Paden

126 Ervin fall West

132 Carr by forfiet

Not positive about all of the Larue wrestlers! If I am wrong I apologize!

Union won 160. Shawn and Bernard are the only two that owned anything in the upper weights.

By "owned" I really just meant won. Owned the wins. That's all. Not dominated.

Whats impressive is both Union and LaRue (finals) come from the small school division, impressive to see them beat such large programs (CC, Tri,)

I think Team duals say so much about a program overall......not just a team that has three or four good kids......

Congrads to both, I imagine it will be the same at Individual State.

Whats impressive is both Union and LaRue (finals) come from the small school division, impressive to see them beat such large programs (CC, Tri,)

I think Team duals say so much about a program overall......not just a team that has three or four good kids......

Congrads to both, I imagine it will be the same at Individual State.

Kinda sad, since next year State Duals will be split into small schools and large schools. I guess so the large schools will have a change to win one. haha.

Kinda sad, since next year State Duals will be split into small schools and large schools. I guess so the large schools will have a change to win one. haha.

Didn't know they were spliting, now maybe a big school can win a title and another can be the first loser..... HAHA

Didn't know they were spliting, now maybe a big school can win a title and another can be the first loser..... HAHA

Most likely just another excuse to make wrestling less competitive.

I just heard this weekend that they were splitting next year.

This will give 16 more schools the oportunity to particiapate in the state duals in one way or another. Kind of like the all A classic that basketball has.

Big question. Will small schools have the option to participate in the large school state duals?

From what i've been told no, you will have to stay in your division. I hope i'm wrong but don't think so. It would be great to give the teams a choice.

I think they are planning on running it at the same time same gym. If so then there would only be one per region with a total of 8 teams for large and 8 teams for small school.