Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2011/2012 - January 26

I was not trying to be nasty just saying it has been a wacky year and I know he has other agendas besides catering to the rankings. But there have been alot of people in transition of some sort and now they have landed. Just wondering if we would have one before regionals or maybe state..

We can't even get Region brackets early so we can give some predictions.....Are we that far behind as a state that we can't get the brackets...Go to Indiana's website and see all the Semi-State brackets......Rankings weekly and NO drama plus a countdown clock to State....It amazes me we can't get GOOD info out there on this site.....mostly heresay and drama.....Come on KENTUCKY coaches and powers to be....it's time to catch up with the rest of the country !!!! Totally amazed we can't get results or any decent info at all it seems ! Just my opinion here......and we all know about opinions ! I grew up in the 70's in Northern California with NO computers...We had more info out the then than we do in this state right now.....If nothing changes here, then guess what folks...NOTHING CHANGES except for more drama and speculation...no facts !...Whew...I feel better now !

• Upvote 1

Indiana's semi-state brackets are already posted because their fields are already set based on the results of last week's regionals. There are some brackets not set for regionals in Kentucky because some regions haven't even had their seeding meetings yet. Region 3 doesn't have their meeting until Friday night. I agree results need to be posted more regularly. However, there are over 3 times more schools that have wrestling in Indiana than Kentucky. Check their website that is equivolent to Kentuckywrestling.com and you'll see that proportionately, the results are posted about as regularly as this site. In Indiana, their coaches' association does the rankings. In Kentucky, it's simply a fan of wrestling who takes the initiative, not our coaches' association. They use his rankings. It seems we use region reps for everything else, why not use a region rep to help post or give results for their region? Simply have the coaches in each region e-mail their results to the region rep whom they designate (doesn't have to be the same rep for everything else) and have that person forward them on. That might help some. I'm sure Ranger gets conflicting results all the time. One source for each region might help eliminate some of that confusion which would make it easier for him to decipher those results and rank the kids accordingly. It might help him be able to post rankings more often as well. That's my two cents anyway.

Indiana's semi-state brackets are already posted because their fields are already set based on the results of last week's regionals. There are some brackets not set for regionals in Kentucky because some regions haven't even had their seeding meetings yet. Region 3 doesn't have their meeting until Friday night. I agree results need to be posted more regularly. However, there are over 3 times more schools that have wrestling in Indiana than Kentucky. Check their website that is equivolent to Kentuckywrestling.com and you'll see that proportionately, the results are posted about as regularly as this site. In Indiana, their coaches' association does the rankings. In Kentucky, it's simply a fan of wrestling who takes the initiative, not our coaches' association. They use his rankings. It seems we use region reps for everything else, why not use a region rep to help post or give results for their region? Simply have the coaches in each region e-mail their results to the region rep whom they designate (doesn't have to be the same rep for everything else) and have that person forward them on. That might help some. I'm sure Ranger gets conflicting results all the time. One source for each region might help eliminate some of that confusion which would make it easier for him to decipher those results and rank the kids accordingly. It might help him be able to post rankings more often as well. That's my two cents anyway.

EXACTLY......EACH Region does need a representitive to get pre and post tournament info to this site.....Still baffles my mind how some Regions have way fewer number of teams making it much easier for kids to qualify....possibly leaving better wrestlers at home during the state tournament....some Regions may be 6 or 7 deep with quality wrestlers in a certain weight.....It would make Rangers job much easier I would think to have accurate info to do what he does......and as we all know anyway the REAL rankings come out the night after State and all 14 Champions have been crowned.....This was not intended for Ranger at all, he does the best he can with info given him and we all appreciate it...I think he knows that. Thank you Charger Coach for your input and thank you to all the coaches that have already supplied info and results after their tournaments this year....makes it fun to follow all the action with accurate info and not just heresay !

Yes, the Region Champion Title speaks louder than any rankings. Great job wrestlers! Loved watching Region 2!! What a great culmination of your hard work, determination, and given talent!

• Upvote 1