Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2011/2012 - January 2

also im told a bunch of guys were not in the right weight class.................because of hunter french and noah bauer were both not wrestling at jctoc

You also have to remember that Trinity wasn't there so that would have changed the outcome some of the team scores, especially at the 138, 152, 195 and 220 weights. I think Southern gained the most points with those individuals not there so it's kinda hard to rank a team just based on that tournament. I am sure Ranger will look at several tournaments, Southern did good at the KOB too, I don't know what teams were there but it will all be considered I am sure.

It was actually 33 secs I believe. Also Southern is ranked lower than St X (as teams) and St X came in 2nd in the JCTC Tournament. I was just wondering if either of the losses would affect the rankings.

I think Southern is a good team, a really good dual meet team especially (IE they fill all the weight classes with some level of quality) I believe thatt they can out place ST X at state duals but will fall behind them at Individual State. I could even see a possible top 4 placing at State Duals for Southern if the right draw comes out

I have seen southern. I don't think they can compete with larue, trinity, union, Campbell. They might have a full team but those squads have too much horsepower for southern to handle. They are a fairly new team so I am.impressed with their improvement over the years but squeaking into a top 4 at state duals will be tough on their part. Would like to see them pull off a few upsets tho which i think they are capable of!

Lol I don't know who I was thinking about then. I don't even remember seeing southern when I wrestled a few years ago. But I agree 100%, that right draw and those few upsets and bam you have a recipe for a good tournament showing.

I have seen southern. I don't think they can compete with larue, trinity, union, Campbell. They might have a full team but those squads have too much horsepower for southern to handle. They are a fairly new team so I am.impressed with their improvement over the years but squeaking into a top 4 at state duals will be tough on their part. Would like to see them pull off a few upsets tho which i think they are capable of!

Since Ranger includes his guess on duals, this is on topic.

In all sports, we hear the phrase "getting to the next level". I think that is where Southern is relative to the teams you mention.

1)You have to have a full team to compete.

2) You have to have a champion in the room. (I don't know that Southern has that)

3) If that champion has any leadership ability, it makes everybody in the room better and that is the next level for the Trojans IMHO.

You can coach him up to his full potential and he can work his tail off but, here's a universal truism: There is nothing more powerful in a young person's life than peer pressure.

4) Build a tradition. Then you go from fielding a team to having a program.

Tiltfor3 way to put thinks in persective.

I dont think there is a state champion in Southerns room, They have had one recently but, they have come light years with out a middle school feeder, now that they have a good coach and assistants. As for champions in the room I have coached teams where the leader wasnt the state champion but a kid that had the will of one but not the natural ability of one. Peer leadership is huge in a teenagers life. I have coached state champions and all american soccer players that were great but prefered to be a great player and not a leader, they were great kids but prefered not to have the leadership role. A champion doesnt make a leader and not every leader has to be a champion. but a team cant win with out both

John Green 145 from Lafayette pinned bot Corey Macall and Marshall Aiken at Region 7 Duals....You bumped him off the list ???....Jacob Marshall, Lafayette also beat the Woodford kid at 152.......both need to be ranked without a doubt ! ........Raphael Vasquez Lafayette should be Top 15 as well at 138.

John Green 145 from Lafayette pinned bot Corey Macall and Marshall Aiken at Region 7 Duals....You bumped him off the list ???....Jacob Marshall, Lafayette also beat the Woodford kid at 152.......both need to be ranked without a doubt ! ........Raphael Vasquez Lafayette should be Top 15 as well at 138.

Green beat an injured McCall by dec., not pin, McCall was basically wrestling on one leg trying to help the team in a close dual. See WCI for accurate results on McCall and Green when McCall was healthy. He will be healthy again soon.

• Upvote 1

Green beat an injured McCall by dec., not pin, McCall was basically wrestling on one leg trying to help the team in a close dual. See WCI for accurate results on McCall and Green when McCall was healthy. He will be healthy again soon.

I think he pinned him and Aiken too....Oh well, could be wrong.......Sure looked like Mcall was fine after he took an injury time out and breather.....Green worked him......Just my opinion.....and Marshall dominated Doyle....no question about it !

I think he pinned him and Aiken too....Oh well, could be wrong.......Sure looked like Mcall was fine after he took an injury time out and breather.....Green worked him......Just my opinion.....and Marshall dominated Doyle....no question about it !

Yeah, you are wrong. Decision not pin. The match can be viewed here. www.prepspin.com

I heard Ranger's new rankings were pending the Meyer Boys situation getting cleared up so they can be calculated into both the State Duals and Individual results; it will make a big difference for a couple schools in contention for the top spots in both events....

Q: Has Campbell County got the Water, Electrical and Cable hook-ups established for the RV?

Either way, I hope the boys get to wrestle someplace, as everyone has said.

I heard Ranger's new rankings were pending the Meyer Boys situation getting cleared up so they can be calculated into both the State Duals and Individual results; it will make a big difference for a couple schools in contention for the top spots in both events....

Q: Has Campbell County got the Water, Electrical and Cable hook-ups established for the RV?

Either way, I hope the boys get to wrestle someplace, as everyone has said.

Thats funny .... I don't care who you are