Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2011/2012 - January 2

Just a side note, I am going through results in a somewhat organized manner. So I really haven't evaluated some of these guys much as I haven't dissected all of their stuff. So if you are really concerned about someone send me a note to make sure I have all of their results. Then if I am way off after next weekend start hammering me.

• Upvote 1

160 lb division...really? This should provide some much needed motovation, thanks

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel Meiman should be ranked higher at 152. This 8th grader that qualified for high school state last year should be a bit higher. We all know he walked through middle school state last year, and Vegas has him as a repeat this year. I know it is hard for anyone to rank a 8th grader in the top 10 in high school, unless your name is Hall, but lets call a spade a spade. This kid will make alot of noise. Period.....

• Upvote 1

I feel Meiman should be ranked higher at 152. This 8th grader that qualified for high school state last year should be a bit higher. We all know he walked through middle school state last year, and Vegas has him as a repeat this year. I know it is hard for anyone to rank a 8th grader in the top 10 in high school, unless your name is Hall, but lets call a spade a spade. This kid will make alot of noise. Period.....

Have you looked at what he had done? He lost to a kid from Dixie (not ranked) and didn't do well at GMV where SK won a couple of matched and CC placed. (Not a top 10 candidate at this wt. class)

• Upvote 1

Just wondering what the criteria was to be ranked. I was surprised Central Hardin's Heavyweight was not ranked. He beat #3 DeSales and some other ranked guys. All of his losses have been extremely close. Is it based on win-loss record, who he beats, or some other criteria. Thanks.

Just wondering what the criteria was to be ranked. I was surprised Central Hardin's Heavyweight was not ranked. He beat #3 DeSales and some other ranked guys. All of his losses have been extremely close. Is it based on win-loss record, who he beats, or some other criteria. Thanks.

Good question. It is more who he beats. The problem is the sport of wrestling has historically had little to no reporting of results, so that data is limited unless it is given to me by a trusted source or I find it online. Trackwrestling may remedy this going forward, but I have been short on time to review all of the results posted out there. Once I see those results of beating the ranked opponents then I'm sure he will make the cut next week.

• Upvote 1

For our results, you are welcome to follow us on Twitter: @UC_Wrestling You have to search for it exactly how I typed it (Caps U and C, underscore, Caps W) or it won't show up when you search.

Nelson Countys 220 and 285 look really good suprised neither are ranked. Their 220 took 1st in the Fern Creek Gladiator Tourney this past weekend, and their 285 took second beating your number 16 Gabe Lord twice to get there.

90% of heavy weight matches are "extremely close", both guys get a stand up. Winner is usually decided by one takedown to none.

Zach Morris from Dixie Heights is the kid who beat Meiman. He also had a hell of a match against Jones at the beginning of the year only losing by a couple of points.

• Upvote 1

Let me put one huge caviat out there. There are only so many results posted. Contrary to what many think, I am not sitting in every gym each Saturday watching every high school match. If they aren't posted somewhere or on trackwrestling, they likely won't be reflected here.

• Upvote 1

How is John Stout ranked higher then Omar Jarvis. When Omar beat him when the wrestled at the Lafayette tournament 11 to 7. The score wouldnt have been that close but Omar let him up I think 2 or 3 times.

Keep up the good work Ranger, I hope no one truly believes any one person can keep up with every wrestler at every weight class in the state, most of the people asking this and that seem focused on one or two particular people. I'm sure if thats all you had to keep up with it be easy as pie. I dont think its a single person who can do the job as well with the resources available. Thanks Ranger, it is appreciated.

Wow Ranger you can;t win can you.

1st people complain about not having any new rankings then when you post them and explain that you posted without all the information researched, you get bombarded by everyone who has a wrestler on a team.

All I want to know is who is the top in each wt. class. How YOU order them is not very important to me. But the research on who is at what wt. class and who is doing well at each wt. class is extremely valuable information.

Keep up the good work there Texas RANGER.

GOO out.

• Upvote 2

Great Job Ranger and thanks for the hard work you put into this. I also do know of one coaching staff that uses your rankings and view them as invaluable come state duals time. :)

• Upvote 1