Sign in to follow this  
lasttakedown02

Jefferson County

top 4 st.x, moore, southern, fairdale or central(hard to tell who will finish above the other with central and fairdale) in any order...........................all teams have good top seeds..............moore with rosado, central with jarvis, fairdale with maupin and southern with douglas........................

what teams have champions trying to defend there title this weekend?

Manbearpig - That's correct. A 4 seed can still finish 2nd, but can't finish 2nd behind the 1 seed. He will need to beat the 1 in the semis to make the finals.

Eaglewrestler12 - JCTC is at Western HS. Starts around 6:00 p.m. on Friday. Starts around 9:00 on Saturday.

Or are you asking where Trinity varsity is wrestling??

Thanks! I needed the JCTC info. Although I am curious as to what Trinity is doing instead.

JCTC Seeds

1 Douglas Sou

2 Moorman JTN

3 Adams Cen

4 Segal Man

Hall MOO

Thompson Des

Bautistia Sou

Crawley Sou

Lymun Cen

Pointer MOO

Standafer Des

Hawes Eas

Segal Man

Korphage X

Rosado MOO

Smith Sou

Miller Des

Groves Cen

Burke Mal

Roberson PRP

Abbason Sen

Vish X

Lampe X

Moore Man

Berenguer Sou

Burke Mal

Thomas PRP

Elkins Des

Singleton Eas

Taylor Doss

Cleveland FCR

Melotte FAI

Edwards PRP

Dudley Des

Salas Cen

Barrett Sou

Prewitt Man

Jarboe X

Rupp Eas

Lampe X

Smith Moo

Aguilar PRP

England Man

Cash Sou

Despain X

Jacobs Sou

Lopez Jtn

Goldman FAI

Valdez HC

Hansgen Eas

Roberson PRP

Jarvis Cen

Plegor X

O Neil Sou

Keller MOO

Pio FAI

Bennett JTN

King PRP

Maupin Fai

Willibanks MOO

Haddad X

Martin JTN

Dykae Man

Tompkins X

Higdon IRQ

Mc Daniel Moo

Garrett Sou

Leffler Fai

Mashack Cen

Gonzalez JTN

Taylor Doss

Noe Sou

Floyd Cen

Harris Man

May X

Durham MOO

Aurora Eas

Dozier Cen

Roeder Wes

Bradley Sou

Walsh Des

Wafzig X

Ritchie Dos

**** Conway of HC was seeded 3rd but withdrew

Ford Des

Vincent HC

Lord FCR

Green Dos

Smith X

Enjoy the debate

And now here is my commentary from this weekend's action, love it or hate it. Just offering insight that is either right or wrong. I just hope people enjoy reading

First , Southern HS had their eyes on the prize and never looked else where. They won the 50/50 matches, pulled a few upsets (according to seeds, havent been around to see people, so I just go off the information I have) and the top wrestlers on their team did what was expected

Second, wrestling in region 3 has come light years from 10 years ago when you could hold the region tournament in four hours on a friday night, I was impressed from the coaches not only from Southern but also Fairdale and PRP as well. their kids go hard but are becoming more technical wrestlers as well

Third, The outstanding wrestler award Trevor Ford is a good heavyweight and deserved the award narrowly beating out Jake Maupin , who I think will be in the state finals again and Im sure a few more wrestlers had a case for the award but My ballott had the 145 from PRP, Aguliar. With big back to back wins over Rupp from Eastern and D. Lampe from St. X. I was impressed by his skills on his feet which payed off for this wrestler.

Fourth, And I hope people understand this is a part of my personal personal beliefs from the sport of wrestling. Takedowns and Takedown

efficiency is the most important part of wrestling to me. I watched several matches where kids literally gained 5 minutes of riding time and only winning a match 4-2 or losing a match where they were tied and on top riding in the 3rd period and the opponent escaped with20 seconds left. Its common knowlegde in competitive wrestling except for heavyweights that the hardest think to do is to score on top compared to bottom or neutral positions. High School wrestling does not score riding time, actually the rules lean towards against riding. Im not saying I saw a lot of stalling, 99 percent of the wrestlers I saw this weekend were very aggressive. My opinion for wrestling is to deflate them with 2-3 takedowns before trying to turn then, because you establish the pace of the match The good teams of the mid to late 90's where South Oldham and Woodford county.

Sorry Bigedcoach, but the way a wrestler wrestles is his style. I am so sick of seeing refs taking over matches with the stalling crap. I saw stalling called way too many times in this JCTC, especially from one ref, to make me feel like wrestling has advanced in the state of Kentucky. Wrestling is about all facets of the sport, not just takedowns. Working from the top, stuffing the head, and getting the half is a part of this sport. JMO, but I think most would agree. Let them wrestle!

I also am sick of seeing high school wrestling turning into freestyle. Takedown, takedown, takedown, the rules have changed already to give the takedown master an edge. (Allowing the optional start, choosing neutral, now just telling the official I want him in his feet and give him the one escape) None of these rules were there in the good ole days when GOO wrestled.

What exactly is the ultimate goal of wrestling? The Pin. The emphasis on takedowns has taken the the emphasis of a pin out of wrestling. I much prefer seeing a wrestler who can get reversals and run pinning combinations, than see a wrestler take down an opponent let him up take him down again, let him up Etc. etc.

Im not really commenting on stalling as a hole, people want to see aggresive wrestling, riding does not score, I saw way too many matches that was 4-2, 3-1, and a few kids lose matches where they waisted too much time riding where they had an decisive advantage on their feet. Stalling needs to be called when its stalling, referees should decide matches but they should foster aggressive wrestling. Active wrestling that is done inside the 10 foot circle. Takedowns are 80- 90 percent of wrestling, no state champion has ever won with out being great on their feet.

The ultimate goal of wrestling is not to get a pin!!!

The goal is to win. Of course one should do it within the rules with sportsmanship etc. Takedowns and being able to escape from the bottom are essential. The lack of being able to turn from the top is of no consequence in high school in every state. College is different--just ask Colt Sponsellor.

IMO, I would say that each person who comments on the stalling situation has a personal perspective due to experience, not really able to comment outside of their own benefit / loss. At least big Ed comments with less personal interest in match results. My personal experience is that certain teams teach stalling tactics as a way of winning matches. So, if you can just get a lead, then assume a certain style or position that keeps the score that way. These wrestlers will no longer work for points or pins late in the match. Honestly, my program does not spend any time teaching these tactics, but I am aware of the need to control a match (dictate its' pace) when you are winning. With that said, I felt that there were numerous occasions when stalling should have been called, and I am grateful for the refs who will enforce rules that have long been threatened.

If the rules state that top man must work toward scoring / pinning, then anything less is stalling. If bottom man must work to score, then anything less is stalling. If neutral position must work toward take-downs / scores, then anything less is stalling. It is also interesting to me that the refs are most likely to call stalling on big guys, but I've often felt that smaller guys were guilty of the same things.

I would also add one last comment: I think Larry Mann gave JCTC the best refs. I have great respect for Cattan and Shumate. I am learning to appreciate Rocky and Pikul.

I'm pretty sure that the guy taking pictures was a Courier-Jounral photographer. I've seen him at other sports/events.

When it comes to officiating, regardless of the sport, it's about judgement/opinion. That's why there are different strike zones in baseball depending on the umpire, even though the strike zone is clearly stated in the rule book. I think the refs did a great job overall this past weekend, but in some instances stalling and stalemates were called when a wrestler was trying to work his stuff from the top, or directly after an attempted takedown in the case of a couple of stalls. And not by any of the refs mentioned above.

I never meant for this to be a stalling forum, I actually saw little stalling and the referees did a great job. I was commenting on the amount of time strategicly spent on riding. In tournament wrestling, you do what you need to do to win and advance but for a team to win, its big when you can score more points and get bounus points for the team score, also deflating your opponent by scoring a few takedowns makes it easier to turn and pin them is easier.

• Upvote 1