Sign in to follow this  
refdad

WCI

Does anyone have a list of teams that will be at Woodford County's Holiday Tournament? What is the competition level like?

I was wondering how it compares for competitiveness to the Raider Rumble or the Dragon but I don't se Ryle, Campbell Co., Larue Co., Trinity or Union Co..

Honestly......back in the day (mid-late 90's), whatever place you earned at the WCI, was pretty accurate with how you would place at State. It's still a good "gut check", but not quite like what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, you will eventually run into some tough competition there, but not early on like you used to. I remember having 32 man brackets with pig tails. It was rough.

Thanks for the input D.W.... We have not been to the WCI before and was hoping the competition level would be close to the Raider Rumble or the Dragon. Looks like it is going to be a notch below those two, but I am sure there will be plenty of tough kids

Anderson

Boone

Bourbon

Boyle

Central Hardin

Corydon Central

Danville

Eastern

Franklin Co

Gordon Lee

Grant Co

Henry Clay

Holy Cross

John Hardin

Layayette

McCreary Central

Montgomery County

Newport

North Oldham

Perry County Central

Pike County Central

Scott Co

Seneca

Sheldon Clark

South Oldham

Southern

Walton Verona

Western Hills

Western

Whitley Co

WC-Gold

WC-Black

113: Bailey Lahue champ 9th grader from Corydon

I am not so sure about that. He isn't ranked, and he is a freshman. Kind of a bold prediction for someone I (and I assume most others) have heard nothing about.

I am not so sure about that. He isn't ranked, and he is a freshman. Kind of a bold prediction for someone I (and I assume most others) have heard nothing about.

If you are looking at KY rankings, your right, you won't find him. He wrestles for Corydon. That's in Indiana.

Bailey is the real deal. I've watched him wrestle since he was 3. The only reason you haven't heard of him is because middle schoolers cannot wrestle varsity in Indiana. Zack Tucker (SOUT,11) and Gary Jennings (PRP,04) are Bailey and Matthews older cousins.

Per Ranger's 12/4 Rankings, here are top 10 ranked wrestlers that are supposed to be there.

106 - 1,3,4,5,9,10

113 - 5

120 - 6,10

126 - 5,7,10

132 - 3,6

138 - 5,8,9

145 - 3,5,6,8

152 - 3,8,10

160 - 2,3,5,9

170 - 1,2,3,5,10

182 - 7,9,10

195 - 5,7,10

220 - 3,6,7,8

285 - 7,8

Of course this doesn't Include Corydon or Gordon Lee who always bring a few tough wrestlers.