Sign in to follow this  
refdad

Region 6

Region 6 is getting tougher to make it out, which is great. Would be great if all regions eventually were as deep. If so, just being a state qualifier, would be an accomplishment. Lets hear from someone at each region 6 school how many you think your team will send to state and look back after the regional qualifier and see how close everyone was on your predictions.

I'll start it off in Region 6.

Campbell will take 11.

I'll even give the wt. classes. 106,120,126,132,138,145,160,171,180,194,Hwt.

Lets see how close i get. :blink:"

holy smoke! 11 is a pretty bold prediction CCwrestleroldschool! That would be strong if you all do send 11. I would say if you can do it, should give Ryle a run for winning the region sending 11. We will see. Thanks for starting it off.

11 going is pretty impressive and would seem like it would make someone a favorite at state,unless most get knocked out.I made a hunch of between 4and 6 and got told why it wouldn't happen by someone who broke it all down by teams and left only a few spots .as if they knew more about everyone for sure than I even did with a hunch about a team I have seen only a couple times ,maybe they are right but thats ballsy to say the least ,

4 to 6 for Grant and its schools first ever state placers and qualifiers and at least a visit by its first champ.

Something to be said about making history no need to ? Y anymore .

Be interesting to see Ryle wrestle CC and how the coaches move kids around always fun to see the tactics and if it pays off

Mr. NKY;

Campbell's caoch's don't play the switch around game much. They almost always play it straight up. The campbell coaches don't worry about winning dual meets unless it is the state duals tourny. So on the Campbell side there will be no stratagy.

I don't think Ryle does that much either. If you want to see the stratagy of moving during a dual meet you will need to watch Larue Co.

I have seen it many times and sometimes the underdog wins its kind of fun but I don't care for the bouncing around let them match up at their real weights.

I'm sure I saw CC move some people around last yr at the only dual I saw them in so I guess they know a little about it.

I'm not a fan of the moving around either. Maybe it comes from my years at Campbell. Coach B. always said there is no reason to move kids around, if we can't beat them straight up then we don't deserve to win. He also didn't like to move a kid out of a varsity spot who earned their spot just for a better match up.

With that said, when I coached my own team. We did switch but just because we only had half a team and we wanted to make sure there were mathes to wrestle. Some teams moved their wrestlers to compete with some of the few above average kids I had, but they not trying to win the dual (they probably already won the dual from forfiets), just trying to get a good match for thier kids.

I can tell you 1st hand that when we (Campbell) wrestled Reading no-one was moved around. Reading moved up your boy and the next two wt's (not sure why)

Reading probably moved my boy up because they thought they could score more points that way ,I know they moved people around a lot they usually moved my boy to the tougher mattches they knew were there .they had him weigh in at 130 many times then bumped him to 35 to wrestle studs like Henderson that they were not sure they could beat .I know Reading and most schools in cincy move people around to win duals ,Moe and Elder are known for it ,its tactics, I thought cc moved kids as well either way its part of the sport and teams can win close ones doing it ,I don't like it but I do like my kid getting better matches sometimes ,

Noticed you put"in"not sure why" why do you think they did .They won and I really wouldn't care who they wretsled my son against in that dual his weight or up preferably for him to get a tough kid but that's their call they were the monkeys runnin the show ,let me know if you think they were running my son from someone and I will be sure he wrestles them this yr.

Not in Cincy here; don't be so defensive. I don't think there is any intent to imply you were dodging anyone. Just not sure if it was a plan to score better in the dual or get Stephen a tougher match or what.

OK, so we have heard from C.C and Grant Co, so how about somebody from from Ryle, SK, Conner, Cooper, Scott, Bishop B, Dixie, Holmes, Boone Co.,Newport.. I know I am leaving someone out but can't think what team it is right now. Step up and throw your prediction out there for your team

My point was that, they didn't need to move up those three, they would have still won the dual. It didn't much matter where they wrestled.

Between 130 and 145 all 4 were fairly close in abiltiy at Campbell last year. However your boy probably wrestled the better of the 4. Which was Hamilton.

That's what I thought ,and I was impressed with cc kids in that weight range ,another reason I wanted to move to cc area ,very good partners for stephen, even yenter who is lighter would have been a good partner ,don't know so much about the heavier kids at cc