Sign in to follow this  
mtb275

maybe relocating to KY

Hello

I am looking into a potential job in Louisville, KY. I would be relocating my family back to the Louisville area. KY is a state that I have never visited. I have been involved in wrestling for 30 years, i have been wrestling since 6 years old and volunteer coach wherever I am at. My kids are just starting to wrestle.

We are an active family that does a bunch of outdoor activities, hunt, fish, camp, ride dirt bikes, quads, etc......

We currently live in the Fresno Ca area, I wrestled at FSU, sad to see their program gone.......

Anyhow what can you all tell me about that area good and bad. What locations to live in L-Ville area and where not to. What schools have solid athletic programs, football, WRESTLING, Vollleyball (daughter). I probably prefer public schools but private is not out of the question. My kids are 9, 5, and 3.

What do you think about KY, is it a great place to live,what could be better about the area.

I hope this doesn't start a negative debate, I just want good honest feedback.

Darin

Hi Darin, welcome to Kentucky Wrestling. Obviously your background in the sport makes this reply fairly simple. Kentucky as a state has been improving its youth wrestling programs for at least the last eight years. I cannot say anything prior to these years as I was not involved in Ky wrestling before that. However since I started my boy wrestling when he was in 1st grade I have witnessed a major PUSH in the right direction with our programs, all of them. There are several private youth clubs and public school teams available throughout the Louisville area. The end result has been positive at the High School level, which ultimately leads to collegiate opportunities. I hope you feel free to ask any further questions to our KY wrestling community.

I thank everyone for their comments and pm's I was sent. At this time it appears that job opportunity is going away. After all the comments I have received on this forum and others I have no doubt KY would be a great place to live. I am going to continue to explore other opportunities.

Thanks again.

MTB, I am confused, you say that you are relocating back to Louisville-meaning that you used to live there-but then you state that you never lived in Kentucky. Which is it, you have or you haven't.