userdaddy

Good Wrestlers W/O Medals???

There were alot of great wrestling this weekend but does anyone think that some good wrestlers were left off the podium?

Yes, there were 336 good wrestlers who were left off the podium.

:)

Congrats to all the guys who made it to the podium. They all must have worked hard and all deserved to be there. However one wrestler I think who was good enough but just didn't get it done for whatever reason is Mike Whalen from Henry Clay. He wrestled all 8 placers and beat four of them throughout the year, including the 4th place finisher like five times. Not taking away anything from the guys who got it done but this thread is about guys like Mike Whalen.

ummm, yeah... i'm gonna skip the company line of ( just proud to have made it ) ESPECIALLY with some regions being a lil lighter than others, and say ..........if I go, Im going for some hardware.... but thats just me and I hope to bring home some soon, its been a long time dang.

Happens every year that many deserving kids do not place. Luck of the draw, bad day, many reasons behind it. Same can be said for the opposite situation. Some kids step it up for one weekend, get a good draw, etc... This is part of the reason I find the state tourny interesting, there are no gaurantees on anything.

And rearic who finished fourth beat abernathy(who put whalen out) twice when it actually mattered.if I recall rangers rankings before state he had rearic around four and whalen around eight or nine, looks like he got it right.

And rearic who finished fourth beat abernathy(who put whalen out) twice when it actually mattered.if I recall rangers rankings before state he had rearic around four and whalen around eight or nine, looks like he got it right.

Actually you recall incorrectly, in his state tournament report and the last rankings he had Whalen at 6th and Rearic 7th. However I do agree that Ranger123 does a very good job. If you read my post I said I didn't take anything away from any of the guys that placed. However this topic is specifically about people who didn't place but based on their performance throughout the year were deserving of placing. I would consider Mike Whalen in that category. Did he not beat Rearic like 5 times while losing once? He also beat Abernathy, Pruett and Douglas (2 times) during the regular season. His only losses were to Yenter (state), Brown (twice), Blackwell (Raider Rumble), Wilkerson (Dragon, in a very close match), Rearic (the dual), and Abernathy (state). Not a bad season in my opinion.

I was surprised by whalen not placing. He is a Damn good wrestler and I'm sure he will be on the podium several times over the next 3 yrs. Abernathy just looked to turn it up tremendously at state and wrestled really well. As far as this topic goes , I will add Logan Jones to the list. tough , deep weight class with no room for an off match.

I do agree whalen should have placed, and the rankings I were remembering were right before region, that's my bad. One other wrestler I felt should have placed was holbrock at 215. Got hurt and they would not let him finish his last match, that's tough for a senior to go out that way, but best for the kid.

I was surprised by whalen not placing. He is a Damn good wrestler and I'm sure he will be on the podium several times over the next 3 yrs. Abernathy just looked to turn it up tremendously at state and wrestled really well. As far as this topic goes , I will add Logan Jones to the list. tough , deep weight class with no room for an off match.

I do agree whalen should have placed, and the rankings I were remembering were right before region, that's my bad. One other wrestler I felt should have placed was holbrock at 215. Got hurt and they would not let him finish his last match, that's tough for a senior to go out that way, but best for the kid.

Abernathy definitely turned it up at the state tournament. He was extremely aggressive and simply got it done. Rearic did a good job of turning it up as well. 103 is a great example of how when the state tournament starts the regular season doesn't matter.

Actually you recall incorrectly, in his state tournament report and the last rankings he had Whalen at 6th and Rearic 7th. However I do agree that Ranger123 does a very good job. If you read my post I said I didn't take anything away from any of the guys that placed. However this topic is specifically about people who didn't place but based on their performance throughout the year were deserving of placing. I would consider Mike Whalen in that category. Did he not beat Rearic like 5 times while losing once? He also beat Abernathy, Pruett and Douglas (2 times) during the regular season. His only losses were to Yenter (state), Brown (twice), Blackwell (Raider Rumble), Wilkerson (Dragon, in a very close match), Rearic (the dual), and Abernathy (state). Not a bad season in my opinion.

whalen and douglass were 1-1 on the season

A lot of good wrestlers in the 160 weight class. Tom Rupp, Bordey O'leary. Those two are good and should of placed.

bordys shoulder was in too bad of shape after he hurt it this season he is actually having surgery on it again

whalen and douglass were 1-1 on the season

When did Douglas beat Whalen? I remember Whalen winning at the WCI in a close match then Whalen majoring Douglas sometime later in the season, maybe the Dragon?

When did Douglas beat Whalen? I remember Whalen winning at the WCI in a close match then Whalen majoring Douglas sometime later in the season, maybe the Dragon?

Whalen won against Douglas at Dragon by decision.

Im going to have to with Robert McCormick and Camron Halton from PRP. I believe that robert was very deserving of placing. And camron is only a first year wrestler. hes got a bright future