Sign in to follow this  
SuperDuck

I haven't seen Troxell this year, but I have seen Honeycutt.  Honeycutt is my pick due to the fact that he has handled pretty much everyone he has wrestled.  3rd through 8th will be interesting at 140. Cox (LaRue) will be in the mix at the top of the weight class.

i have to say herald is a tough competitor and a good kid, but i still have to stick with troxell, he dominated salyers at region 8 duals at 145 after cutting to make 140. and knowing the wayne co schedule out of state he has wrestled some tough competition, in state he has dominated at both 140 and 145.

Was Salyers at 140 for State Duals?  That was the last weekend for someone to drop.

If I recall correctly, I saw the weigh sheets and I think he weighed in at 141.2 or something like that.

140 just might be the most interesting weight class to watch at state. If everything goes as planned.. should be some intense quarter and semi-finals matches. But i'll take Herald here, champions come in pairs and if i'm not mistaken his drill partner is probably Kevin Cooper, I could be wrong though.. I'm just guessing.  :mrgreen:

i think troxell is by far the best in the weight class... even if people dropped like saylers or jones... i think he was the best by far last year and should have won but got upseted... and im bankin on the same thing to happen this year

Did any of you guys watch the 135 semi-finals last year. Thomas beat Honeycutt by a 1 point controversial stalling call at the end of regulation.

My money is on Honeycutt.

that was also LAST year.. most of these kids put alot of work in in the off season, im willing to say that all of the top 8 are far different wrestlers than they were at this time last year..