Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2010/2011 - JANUARY 26

I finally got an update finished and posted to the coaches association site.  Big weekend coming up with state duals at Henry Clay.  I anticipate some good match-ups, particularly between Trinity, Larue, and Union.  I can see any of the three winning it.  But remember, the Larue staff is about as good as it gets at dual meet strategy.

I have to send a big shout out to all of the coaches who continue to support these rankings by sharing results and feedback on their kids and others of note they have seen. 

http://kywca.com/kywca_011.htm

Big moves up and down the rankings.  Ruschell, at 119 dropping from the top spot to #3, and L. Jones jumping up to the #7 spot in front of some tough kids.  Looks like the wrestlers are starting to turn it on at the right time.  Hopefully, they don't peak too early and show all their cards before the big show. 

Nathan Pierce of DuPont Manual is at 189 he got beat in a wrestle off and lost his spot for two weeks. He has been back at 189 and was 3-1 at region 4 duals...if that helps any where to put him

Notable matches, just know union's and maybe a few more. 130 was crazy all day. Terry beat Birk 8-4 in a great match. Ahern beat birk, don't know score. And Carr beat Ahern by major decision. Thomas Buckman pinned Taylor Pruett (Ryle) in the first period. His first tournament back since knee injury.

Thomas Buckman had notable wins against the number 11 from lafayette 8-3 and Taylor pruett from Ryle(8), a first period pin, while going 5-0 on the day.

Jeffery wurth also had a notable win again nick paden, a number 5 rank, 5-4.

But lost to ruschell. He went 4-1

Also, will Flynn, hwt from trinity losing to larues hwt.

Beau sheffer, 171 from union also went 4-1

Brock Ervin, trae blackwell, jayce Carr, and Caleb Ervin all went undefeated from union also.

There were some great matchups!

i saw cory mccall at 140 beat a couple tough ranked guys..waits (ch), jacobs (southern), rupp (east), and i believe lonkard from ryle. big improvements from south oldham..

caleb and brock ervin are pretty dominate, jj jude will be hard to beat at state, 119 is huge toss up, fahy definitly is the top dawg, 130 is a tough class (could go to anyone), 160 is going to be a battle (lampe, coyle, graham, oleery, bell). good ranking though ranger.

At 119, Region 6 and Region 1 have 3 kids each ranked in the top ten, which (depending on the draw) could present some interesting matches in the first round of the tournament if the regionals end up finishing like Ranger has in the most recent rankings.

Another reason to seed the state tournament?  (Only kidding, that topic has been beat to death already)

Are their any other weights where 3 or 4 placers could all come out of the same region?

Kyle Bunch bumped up to 145 and got pinned by Jerry Heywood from Fort Campbell, Zach Green dominated Sean McIntosh at 135 pinning him.

Kory Polley is at 140

Willy Jenkinson is at 152

Micah Crutcher quit

Chad Gahafer is at 125 replacing Gabe I heard (or am I mixing him up with someone else?)

coachM: region 6 130 5 real good wrestlers

I know.  It always stinks when a kid who could go to state in any other region doesn't because his weight is stacked in his region.  I was more so wondering if any regions could possibly have 2 placers wrestling each other in the first round because they were that deep.  But I do look forward to see who comes out of region 6 at 130. 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but you're right, one of those kids is going to go as an alternate, when in all reality could be on the podium.  Do you not think anyone has dropped or is planning to bump to 135?

I don't think any of them could touch Cooper at 135, but would still place. And Jones, Ahern, Supe, or Yocum could win it at 25.

I know.  It always stinks when a kid who could go to state in any other region doesn't because his weight is stacked in his region.  I was more so wondering if any regions could possibly have 2 placers wrestling each other in the first round because they were that deep.  But I do look forward to see who comes out of region 6 at 130. 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but you're right, one of those kids is going to go as an alternate, when in all reality could be on the podium.  Do you not think anyone has dropped or is planning to bump to 135?

I don't think any of them could touch Cooper at 135, but would still place. And Jones, Ahern, Supe, or Yocum could win it at 25.

Really, you think they could beat Fahy @125 but not Cooper @ 135?  That's interesting!!

Really, you think they could beat Fahy @125 but not Cooper @ 135?  That's interesting!!

I'm an idiot.  Fahy will  it at 125.  Let me have a redo on that last post then...

The 130 from region six that ends up going as an alternate could wrestle at 125 or 135 and place. Of course dropping at this point, if they haven't certified can't happen, and Herald couldn't go up to 135 b.c of Cooper, ect.  but you get what I'm saying.  A good kid, and possible placer won't make it to state if they all stay at 130.

Caoch M, your forgetting to include Hamilton from Campbell Co in that mess at 130 in Region 6. 130 will be a real meat grinder at the regional tornament. Probably the deepest weight class in Region 6

Caoch M, your forgetting to include Hamilton from Campbell Co in that mess at 130 in Region 6. 130 will be a real meat grinder at the regional tornament. Probably the deepest weight class in Region 6

Didn't mean to leave his name out, but he included as one of those five kids from region 6 that could go and place.  Jones, Ahern, Supe, Yocum, and Hamilton all have what it takes to place.  But if they all stay at 130, then one of them will not go to wrestle at the tournament.