Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Claywell

Hopefully none of you guys do what this California wreslter allegedly did ...

If that was my son I would of took the law into my own hands and whooped his blank. Sounds like dude is a bully and should held responsible for his actions. It sounds like it was more than just a wrestling move.

This was posted on the Ohio forum boards.

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A settlement was reached in the criminal case against a Buchannan High School student accused of taking a wrestling move too far.

17-year-old Preston Hill is in the process of getting a charge of sexual battery dropped against him. The charge comes after a fellow Buchanan student accused Hill of taking a controversial wrestling move called the "butt drag" into the realm of sexual battery.

Hill took part in a mediation session Thursday night with the victim. Hill will apologize to his teammate and write an essay about the experience. Once that is done, the Fresno County District Attorney's Office will reportedly drop the sexual battery charge against hill.

This all comes after the Clovis Unified School Board voted earlier this week to expel Hill from Buchannan high School. The school board concluded hill sexually assaulted his teammate and had bullied him

Did nobody read the article? This wasn't taken out context or blown out of proportion. This kid did not do a "butt drag". A butt drag is a completely normal, non controversial anything. He was intentionally INSERTING his fingers DEEP into the ANUS of other wrestlers. That is not a butt drag. He was intentionally causing pain. Not that pain should be avoided in wrestling but not in this manner. At least lets hope that the only reason he did it. Because when the other wrestler has it done to him over and over in this manner, it's very possible that the wrestler under question has a lot more problems going on upstairs than this single act indicates.

And I don't know about you guys but I would never bring this topic up to a non-wrestler and tell them "this is silly. It's just an accepted move'. Because it isn't and that would give this sport an even worse image in the eyes of people who are not involved in wrestling and set us back even further. This kid went way too far and should be, in some way, disciplined. Plain and simple.

He could at least have bought the other kid dinner first or something.

Just what I was going to say, Danger.

What the kid did was not and is not a butt drag, in any sense of the move. I went to John Hardin's practice Thursday, and saw their 215 and heavyweight doing this move -- legally, btw -- on each other. The butt drag in that sense is OK. But what the California kid did is, simply put, wrong and absolutely disgusting.

looks to me like a prank gone bad.

According to the article:

1.  Police chief checked the boys underwear and found no blood or evidence of "penetration"

2.  Doctors report states redness and possible slight bruising to the anus but no other obvious signs of trauma.

There is probably no doubt that the butt drag or "Checking his oil" was performed but (no pun intended) there was no proof of penetration.

Is this any worse than the "nut checks" that kids perform on each other.

Or the baseball team having "Cup checks".

This is the problem with the world today.  Everyone wants to blame someone for something.  He's bullying me, he's calling me names.  Grow up deal with it and hope that this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in your lifetime.  I can guarantee that it won't be.  You will have to deal with much bigger problems in your life than this.  Especially the lose of close family members, or poverty, or severe injury to self or close family members.

I'm saying bullying is being blown out of proportion.  Anything a kid does is considered bullying.  It should not be a criminal case, unless there is serious injury then it is not bullying it is assult.

Everyone has been bullied and bullied by or to someone else is some form or fashion.  Initiations into a club, Razzing, capping, etc.

I dealt with bully's my kids deal with bully's.  Life goes on.

Should nothing happen to this kid?  NO.  Should he be expelled NO. Something in the middle should happen.  We have kids bringing (and using) weapons and drugs to school and not getting as serious a punishment as this. 

You are so right ccwrestler. Both boys are probably hard workers and all around good kids, 'hey their wrestlers'. Its a shame that the world has so many sissy's, getting the law involved were the boys should have just worked it out. That could mess that young mans life up over what could have been just an accident or just a lie.

You think the other kid is OK after this? Fat chance.

I don't think anyone is saying that the other kid is OK with this however bullying is a part of high school.  As much as we try to regulate and prohibit it it's still going to happen.  It's impossible to prevent completely.  Hey, I was bullied in high school and took it as part of growing up.  I think what most are saying here is that the older kid should be punished, no question.  However it should not be a criminal trial where the high school senior could serve jail time with other people who are convicted of rape, murder, etc., among other crimes.

At the time I hated being bullied but as I have gotten older and matured I have realized that it's a part of life.  Older kids bully younger kids, it's never going to change.  Should we try and prevent it?  Absolutely, but at the same time we should not put a KID in jail for a joke gone bad.

blow completely outta proportion, without a doubt, idk if theres a single kid who doesn't get bullied even people in there own little clicks bully each other, i think that society has led kids to think that telling on someone for everything is better than just dealin with it ur self