Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

New Wrestling Programs This Season

Guest cmccoy

Grant County, Scott County, and Barren County this year. Rumor out there is Madison Southern, East Jessamine, and West Jessamine are strongly considering coming on board next year.

Grant County, Scott County, and Barren County this year. Rumor out there is Madison Southern, East Jessamine, and West Jessamine are strongly considering coming on board next year.

What regions are they gonna be joining?

Barren is in Region 2. Which means Region 2 stretches from Boyle County to Barren County.  :-o although the alternative isn't much better: Region 1 from the Missouri State (not sure which school is closest there. Maybe Trigg) to Barren County. Region 2 is the better fit, which doesn't say much!

Since Scott Co is in Georgetown I'm sure he was mistaken.  He was probably thinking of Scott High School in region 6 and was unaware they still have a wrestling program

I don't think so, Coach McCoy is on top of things and I'm sure is well aware of Scott High.  And being in Lexington knows Scott County. 

Looking at the region site plans the state has Scott County listed in region 6, but looking further into it, the tournament handbook has them listed in both regions 6 and 7. So where do they go? I can understand Grant County being a region 6 team, but going on Scott County's location it would seem that they are better suited to be in 7. This would in turn have 13 teams in region 6 and 13 teams in region 7. None the less it is awesome to see that the amount of schools participating in wrestling is growing.

Guest cmccoy

They originally put them in region 7. Due to the size of teams, etc. in 7, they looked to move Harrison Co. to region 6. Harrison Co. did not want to move based on tradition and schedule set within Region 7 so they moved Scott County to Region 6 since they were new. I know they are closer to Lexington but it was only done due to them being new and putting them in a region that had less teams. I know they are up to 12 now but that was not the case when they were looking for a home for Scott County.

North Bullitt is listed with a coach this year as well. Lots of new teams!! this is good!!  :lol:

I've spoken to the North Bullitt coach and I believe they are just going to run a JV schedule this year.