Sign in to follow this  
Mathound

2010 Season Review

johnson has been rwestling varsity since he was a 7th grader i believe so it prob starts from then

so his 7th grade year and his 8th grade year he won 50 matches? i dont remember that.

7th grade  31

8th grade  46

9th grade  55

10th grade  65

11th grade  52

12th grade  55

304 total

304 puts josh tied for the national record. the kid has been amazing since 7th grade. what an accomplishment to be tied for the national all time win record.

so his 7th grade year and his 8th grade year he won 50 matches? i dont remember that.

He was a state finalist as an 8th grader.  Not sure about the prior year.

wow that is alot. but are these strictly varsity wins? i jus dont remember josh having 31 wins his freshman year cuz i do remember WCI he went 0-2 and i know this because i was wrestling him in middle school the same time he was wrestling varsity, and i watched like all his matches i could. its completly believable and if josh himself told me, i would believe him instantly. this jus sounds...crazy cuz i dont remember him being that dominant of a wrestler in 7th grade.

wow that is alot. but are these strictly varsity wins? i jus dont remember josh having 31 wins his freshman year cuz i do remember WCI he went 0-2 and i know this because i was wrestling him in middle school the same time he was wrestling varsity, and i watched like all his matches i could. its completly believable and if josh himself told me, i would believe him instantly. this jus sounds...crazy cuz i dont remember him being that dominant of a wrestler in 7th grade.

Found results from 2005 Region 2 Tourney on KHSAA.org

looks like Josh went 2-2 at state that year which would give him 31 wins according to KHSAA

Josh Johnson will definitely go down as one of Kentucky's Best!!

Josh is a great kid too!!!!

Weight: 103 

1st: Mason Bradbury, Central Hardin High School 8th 33- 1

2nd: Josh Johnson, North Hardin High School 7th 29- 12

3rd: Carlos Jauregui, John Hardin High School 8th 19- 14

4th: Aurthur Ohmes, Fort Knox High School 9th 26- 22

5th: Tristen Hines, LaRue County High School 8th 16- 17

6th: Corey Vincent, Anderson Co. High School 8th 13- 16

I believe you mean his 7th grade year.  Anyway to clear your thoughts.  He did not go two and out at WCI.  He pinned Carlos Juaregi from John Hardin in the first match and lost his 2nd to Daniel Fuller of Seneca.  His 3rd match he beat Josh Burkett from Fern Creek  and then lost to Brett Usary of Science Hill.  All of his wins are official high school varsity wins.  The only middle school Josh wrestled his 7th  and 8th  grade year were Middle School Regions and Middle School State. I wouldnt say that his 7th grade record was anywhere close to  dominant but this was not bad  for only weighing 96lbs.

MARK JONES

High school Record  (9-12) 231-32

2007-2008 - 1st

2006-2007 - 2nd

2005-2006 - 2nd

2004-2005 - 5th