Sign in to follow this  
hindu56

best overlooked wrestler

ALL of them, not sure about the other schools, but my son's school barely even knows that they have a wrestling program. 25 - 30 hours a week in practice and competition ought to be recognized.

So to ALL of you wrestlers out there doing what it takes EVERY SINGLE DAY you guy are amazing and thank you so much for the past 4 years of watching and constantly being reminded that there are athletes out there that still know how to be gentlemen.

Dan Henderson

Proud Seneca Parent

ALL of them, not sure about the other schools, but my son's school barely even knows that they have a wrestling program. 25 - 30 hours a week in practice and competition ought to be recognized.

So to ALL of you wrestlers out there doing what it takes EVERY SINGLE DAY you guy are amazing and thank you so much for the past 4 years of watching and constantly being reminded that there are athletes out there that still know how to be gentlemen.

Dan Henderson

Proud Seneca Parent

Even if they do know their own school has a wrestling team, not many students go out of their way to watch a wrestling meet. Even if its a home dual.  :|

Even if they do know their own school has a wrestling team, not many students go out of their way to watch a wrestling meet. Even if its a home dual.  :|

You're right. My perception is that the athletic directors don't like wrestling because it takes a huge amount of time to host, tying up the gym for a day and a half, tying up an activity bus for 14 or more hours, and it doesn't bring any money into the school. As far as I can tell, the benefits of wrestling to the students, which is where the focus should be, are outweighed by money.

As long as I've been involved with wrestling, I've been impressed with the energy, determination, and just plain hard work the athletes have. It is the toughest sport in the world. Each of you should take pride in what you've accomplished, no matter how your season goes!

Hendren (KCD) is overlooked.

Really?  How is that?  He's highly ranked and doesn't deserve it.

I watched him loss to Jarvis and then OC kid this weekend, looked horrible in both matches.  he's got good technique but he's slow, and doesn't seem to have any gas.

For my money the two guys out in the Oldham Co area are Kaelin for OC and C Rusch for North.  Kaelin lost 2-1 to bradbury at the mustang, and had Bradbury cussing and acting the fool off the mat.  I think next time they wrestle Kaelin wins the match.  Chase Rusch won the mustang and totally demolished Pender from Trinity.

For my money the two guys out in the Oldham Co area are Kaelin for OC and C Rusch for North.  Kaelin lost 2-1 to bradbury at the mustang, and had Bradbury cussing and acting the fool off the mat.  I think next time they wrestle Kaelin wins the match.  Chase Rusch won the mustang and totally demolished Pender from Trinity.

Kaelin is a tough kid and a class act. 

Ocmvp did you actually watch the Pender vs Rusch or Kailin vs Bradbury? Did you see Kaelin just lay on the mat with armsin turtle position just trying not to get pinned or turned? Please there is no chance he will ever beat Bradbury!!! And Rusch did nothing but block or try counters against Pender once he lucked into 1st takedown? Demolished ? So untrue Pender prays he faces Rusch again and i know the outcome will be different!  I did not see 1 attempt from Rusch to turn Pender and on there feet Pender was trying all the takedowns! Yes rusch won 5-0 demolished very funny!

Ocmvp did you actually watch the Pender vs Rusch or Kailin vs Bradbury? Did you see Kaelin just lay on the mat with armsin turtle position just trying not to get pinned or turned? Please there is no chance he will ever beat Bradbury!!! And Rusch did nothing but block or try counters against Pender once he lucked into 1st takedown? Demolished ? So untrue Pender prays he faces Rusch again and i know the outcome will be different!  I did not see 1 attempt from Rusch to turn Pender and on there feet Pender was trying all the takedowns! Yes rusch won 5-0 demolished very funny!

5-0 is a beating, sorry.  Your boy didn't even score.  Not 1 point.  Nope, nada.  Pender better pray he wrestles someone else, cause he can mark Rusch off as a loss.  1 attempt to turn him?  You mena like when rusch had him in a skin, picked him up and planted his face into the mat until Pender crawled out of bounds?  Face it, your boy got WORKED.

If kaelin isn't a threat, then why did Brabury (once again) act like a true paragon of sportsmanship?  I mean seriously i though they taught you catholic boys not to cuss and pout?

You cant knock rusch he is a very good wrestler a contender at 135 if you ask me and anyone else who watches his matches....and although they both are god friends of mine pernder got worked and showed great sportsmanship unlike is teammate who should remain un-named.....and so what it doesnt matter if he didnt try to turn pender you can still win a state championship off takedowns......And FYI Bradbury is getting agravated because he realizes that everyone in the state of KY in closing the distance on him....Mark Hall ,Kaelin,Bryant if he doesnt watch it he could get bumped by the next guy he wrestles.

Brock Ervin. I predict him to win state and it not be close. With his growth spurt, and his dominance over top ranked wrestlers (#2 and #4 in indiana, #2 in Illinois by pin, #1 and #2 in Tennessee by pin/tech) leads me to believe that he can do it.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own

Really?  How is that?  He's highly ranked and doesn't deserve it.

I watched him loss to Jarvis and then OC kid this weekend, looked horrible in both matches.  he's got good technique but he's slow, and doesn't seem to have any gas.

I'm pretty sure Hendren has a win over Jarvis too.  Also, I believe he is still wrestling at 152.  Probably will be at 145 for regions.  My point with Hendren is that when it comes down to it he can compete with anyone at 145.  He doesn't have the amount of matches he should due to his team (lack there of) situation.  You did hit it on the head about his speed though.  Very slow for that weight class.  Will see what happens.

Brock Ervin. I predict him to win state and it not be close. With his growth spurt, and his dominance over top ranked wrestlers (#2 and #4 in indiana, #2 in Illinois by pin, #1 and #2 in Tennessee by pin/tech) leads me to believe that he can do it.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own

Are these wins over HS Varsity ranked opponents?

Are these wins over HS Varsity ranked opponents?

all the matches pridewrestler speaks of on brocks behalf are all varsity wins....im sure he won mater dei...can't think of the tournament he won in TN

Thats the most impressive group of wins I have heard from a KY kid in quite awhile, not to mention hes only an 8th grader, wow!

What is his overall record?

Has he wrestled the top KY kids yet?

Thats the most impressive group of wins I have heard from a KY kid in quite awhile, not to mention hes only an 8th grader, wow!

What is his overall record?

Has he wrestled the top KY kids yet?

He has wrestled number 4 Lar Co Spencer Hines but no one higher