OCMVP

Mustang Classic Predictions

The weight class with the fewest number of participants is 215 with 19.  There are 31 listed as entering for 152 so that one will have to have a 32 man bracket and if I'm not mistaken, you can't use a 32 man bracket for one weight class and then a 16 man bracket or whatever for another.  If one has a 32 man bracket then they all have to.

Not trying to call you out or anything DM, even though it may sound like it.

This is not correct.  The computer programs may not allow it but this is not how it is suppose to happen.  A bracket is suppose to fit the participants in each weight class, in multiples of four.  IE.  4-man, 8-man, 16-man 32-man, 64-man.  This way a kid does not get multiple bye's and collect multiple bye points for his team. 

I have never used a computer so I don't know.  I have only run torneys by hand.  (and I still say they are run faster this way if you have soemone who knows what they are doing. )

I couldn't find the rule book on line but I did find this at KHSAA website.  Take a look at the highlighted part.

REGIONAL TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND POST-SEEDING MEETING PROCEDURES

 All regional wrestling brackets shall be placed in the proper 4-, 8- or 16-person bracket. A 12-person bracket may

not be used as the NFHS wrestling rules require a bracket of a power of 4.

 Each weight class must be considered separately as to bracket size. A weight class with 1-4 wrestlers shall use a

4-person bracket; 5-8 wrestlers shall use an 8-person bracket and 9-16 shall use a 16-person bracket.

This can be found here.

http://www.khsaa.org/wrestling/postseasoninstructionswithforms.pdf

Only thing is, this was not a "Regional Tournament".

Great job to North Oldham!! Some good wrestling on a nasty day with some great matchups in the finals. I know the teams there are glad they were not idle for a second straight week before Region.

Only thing is, this was not a "Regional Tournament".

Great job to North Oldham!! Some good wrestling on a nasty day with some great matchups in the finals. I know the teams there are glad they were not idle for a second straight week before Region.

glenda, do you care to share any of the matchups and results for the finals?

12 is a power of 4...the problem being is it doesn't divide out to 1 v 2.  That's why its a 16 then 32.  But you also don't get points for byes in tournaments that's why 19 people in a 32 man bracket is fine...the problem there being is that if you lose the first match then you can only get 7th place and will only get one more match for the day.  You can use an 8 man bracket for 4 people but it's just that everyone has a bye in the first round so if all other weight classes are 8 then that weight just wouldn't wrestle the first round and would all receive byes so you catch up to them the next round.  This way everyone stays together in the same round and not having to skip around and guess what weight class is on what round at the time. 

I couldn't find the rule book on line but I did find this at KHSAA website.  Take a look at the highlighted part.

REGIONAL TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND POST-SEEDING MEETING PROCEDURES

 All regional wrestling brackets shall be placed in the proper 4-, 8- or 16-person bracket. A 12-person bracket may

not be used as the NFHS wrestling rules require a bracket of a power of 4.

 Each weight class must be considered separately as to bracket size. A weight class with 1-4 wrestlers shall use a

4-person bracket; 5-8 wrestlers shall use an 8-person bracket and 9-16 shall use a 16-person bracket.

This can be found here.

http://www.khsaa.org/wrestling/postseasoninstructionswithforms.pdf

Only thing is, this was not a "Regional Tournament"

Doesn't matter.  That is why I underlined the part reading NFHS requires power of 4.

This rule partains to the whole season not just regionals. Same as there are rules for keeping score in both regular season and regionals.

Doesn't matter.  That is why I underlined the part reading NFHS requires power of 4.

This rule partains to the whole season not just regionals. Same as there are rules for keeping score in both regular season and regionals.

GOO, could you leave glenda alone so she can concentrate on giving us the results please. that is unless you are GOO flirting in which case i will leave you alone.

I believe 32 is a power of 4, and that's what they used.

I agree it would have been less confusing to follow the brackets for each class if they used the smallest bracket possible (that was a power of 4 of course) without the byes/double byes. But trying to coordinate 14 classes each on their own schedule throughout the day and into the finals would have been tough. Some smaller classes would have finished several hours before some others and would have a huge wait before the finals.

With every class on a 32 man bracket, at least they were all basically on the same round into the finals.

GOO, could you leave glenda alone so she can concentrate on giving us the results please.

OK , I'm not a big detail person and I didn't write anything down. I was there to watch THS so all I know is how their kids did in the finals. Sorry, but this is all I have.

Fahy won 112, 119 Myron Bradbury over Kaelin OC, 125 Carr JC over Brandon Birk, 130 Brent Hitchings won, 135 Rusch NO over Ausden Pender, 140 Jacob Smith got 4th, 145 Grant Ohlmann won, 160 Jude JC over Erin McCauley, 171 Brad Hitchings won, 189 Cooper Bohn over Greene JT, 215 Brendan Darrow won, 285 Harlow JC won.

Teams: 1st Trinity, 2nd Johnson Central, 3rd South Oldham.   

"I have to question your coment.  No Ryle, No Union, No Larue, No Campbell County, No Woodford County.  Pretty much crazy to think that the best in the state is there? :?"

Trinity WAS there. From what I have seen they don

"I have to question your coment.  No Ryle, No Union, No Larue, No Campbell County, No Woodford County.  Pretty much crazy to think that the best in the state is there? :?"

Trinity WAS there. From what I have seen they don