git'r'done

Small School State Duals

Are there really going to be Small School State Duals?

Who is going to host it?

When is the date?

Who will be invited?

Will teams like Larue still get to wrestle larger schools too?

What????????? Larue won't be at the REAL duals? That is exactly why we should NOT have two different divisions. They have a chance of winning it all....why do something that really doesn't matter? Woundn't you like to see Larue against Ryle or Larue against Woodford?

The only people I really see complaining about this subject is Larue. Why can't people be happy about the huge accomplishments they've made?

Guest Mat_Man_658

Theres no way McCreary co will beat Wayne. the only lost 4 people since last year and if i recall right wayne beat them like 70 something to 12. It was something like that

Why cant they do the small school thing and get it out of the way and then compete in the KY State Duals too, the way its set up already!

If the small schools dont compete in the KHSAA Duals will they reduce the number of teams invited to KHSAA Duals?

If the small schools dont compete in the KHSAA Duals will they reduce the number of teams invited to KHSAA Duals?

I don't think they would reduce the number of teams because if a team cannot show up for the tournament then the KHSAA sends out an invite to the next highest team in the region or a team from another region.

I think its crazy that Larue is going to try to do this. Why would Canter want to win a small school championship if he could win it all? Why not at least give it your best shot? If it wasn't on the same day is the big school championship I would completly understand...

All Right Guys! I am tired of hearing this so I am going to starighten you all out. First, This decision was NOT made by LaRue County but was voted on by all the voting coaches who participated in the decision making process. Secondly, Canter voted NOT to split the duals up, I mean why should he when he's won two 1999 and 2001 and consistently places top three every year with a dandy chance of winning it this year (including beating Woodfools). Thirdly, we are hosting the small school duals by choice only (we love fundraising and tournaments are the best way..ask those folks who came to the elementary state tourney last year) and because we are centrally located...DUH!!! Fourthly, Canter and LaRue have NEVER run from competition...as a matter of fact, we seek it out wholeheartedly (it's one reason why we are pretty good year in and year out). Last year we went to Atlanta and wrestled really good competition there and followed up the very next weekend at Father Ryan in Nashville (didn't see Woodfools at that one). This year we are going to Lorraine Southview on the west side of Cleveland for their two day tourney (doubt Woodfools will get much farther north than Cincinatti). Our 2000 team went to the same tourney and I think only placed wrestlers in the B pool (Todd Allen may have placed in the A pool). I am just trying to defend some unjust accusations about LaRue in this post as well as others on here, especially by the disgruntled Woodford fans who just think that its always about them and no one else. Trust me, LaRue County (wrestlers and fans) make the state duals exciting...not Woodford.

Hey Pappy, calm down before you break a hip ....

I'm sure if Larue wanted to go wrestle with the big dogs at state duals they would have been aloud. I don't think anyone would have said no to them coming....lets keep it real.

Calm as a cucumber! Just passionately defending a noble cause! If I really get worked up, I won't be able to post on my computer anymore 'cause it will be in a thousand tiny pieces LLOOLL!!!

I still dont understand why the small schools wont be participating in the KY State Duals. I thought the duals was a tournament endorsed by the KWCA and not the KHSAA. As I understand it, the coaches have voted to have a small schools dual tournament.

How does this affect the KWCA KY State Duals?

How can we get clairification on some of these changes?

What is the criteria for determining small and large schools?

Which is the criteria used for inviting teams to either of the tournaments?

Will the original KWCA KY State Duals be only for schools not designated as small schools or will it include all schools, large and small to ensure a better quality tournament?

Are invitations based on prior years performance or current year?

When are the invititaions sent out?

When are the tournaments?

I have heard that small school duals are set for Larue, where is the other tournament?

Guest DAWG6

eville dad :twisted: Great questions :idea:

Say a small school is the Best Over-all Team in any region "Larue Region 2 or Wayne Co. in Region 8

Could either coach select to go to the big school duals instead of small :?:

If so it allows another small school the opportunity to participate and it keeps the best teams competing :idea:

Ok first of all LaRue doesn't have a chance this year at beating Woodford (actually they probably never will, at least as long as a Carr is on the coaching staff). Secondly, we went to the Hammer and Anvil tournament (in Ohio) last year and got our butts handed to us, I didn't see LaRue at that one. We also go to the Greenville Invitational every year, I have never seen LaRue there. I can't remember the last time we won the Greenville tournament (maybe 1997?).

Why would LaRue choose to host the small school duals if they try to seek out better competition? Wouldn't they want to go to the large school duals so they can lose to Woodford again, and gain some experience?

I will agree that LaRue is one of the reasons State Duals is exciting, but it's only because of the rivalry between them and schools like Woodford, Campbell County, Ryle etc.

As far as the fans go LaRue's are some of the worst I have ever seen. I remember the 2004 duals we were wrestling LaRue. I was in the corner coaching and happened to look up into the stands and there were many LaRue fans standing at the railing yelling at Coach Carr and Coach Parks. First of all if you're going to be a good fan cheer for you're team; don't scream obscenities at the most respected coach in KY (who also happens to be one of the best people I know). As I was watching these fans one of them gave me the finger (if you call that exciting then I guess it is only because of LaRue). Now why would he do that? Was it because we were winning and he couldn't stand it? I'm guessing that was the case.

How about this LaRue fans. I apologize for the Woodford team and coaches for winning every year. How about I talk to Coach Carr and see if he will let you'll win this year as a gift for all your hard work? Would that make you feel better?

Dont EVER appoligize for winning. But why dont you folks get over of this LaRue , Woodford crap. Last year I went to Lakewood St Eds vs St paris Grahm dual. Ranked #1 and #3 in the nation at the time. Yes nation, not state. The coaches as well as wrestlers acted with class. I am talking about kids nationally ranked loosing. That dosent happen often , but they still acted like young men. The fans of course go crazy but I never saw any flipping the bird or cursing the other team. I hope we can follow this example and set an example for our kids to win and loose with class. Wrestle and cheer and coach your guts out but win or loose go shake the other guys hand, and train harder for the next time.

AllAmericn157, I understand why you are proud, you should be....Woodford has a great program. But i've seen equally rude stuff occur by woodford guys & fans. I even seen a video tape of some of their wrestlers doing some very unsportsmanlike stuff before STATE Duals of all places. You guys don't walk on water, and if you stick around long enough, you'll see Larue beat you guys in a dual or state. I understand you're tired of seeing woodford getting bashed on here, i'd recommend you just walk away from it. Why do the woodford guys want to make such a big deal and get irrate with the Larue guys about big school/small school state duals? Happy Pappy gave a very good explanation if you ask me, it wasn't their fault small schools wanted to split off.

All Right Guys! I am tired of hearing this so I am going to starighten you all out. First' date=' This decision was NOT made by LaRue County but was voted on by all the voting coaches who participated in the decision making process. Secondly, Canter voted NOT to split the duals up, I mean why should he when he's won two 1999 and 2001 and consistently places top three every year with a dandy chance of winning it this year (including beating Woodfools). Thirdly, we are hosting the small school duals by choice only (we love fundraising and tournaments are the best way..ask those folks who came to the elementary state tourney last year) and because we are centrally located...DUH!!! Fourthly, Canter and LaRue have NEVER run from competition...as a matter of fact, we seek it out wholeheartedly (it's one reason why we are pretty good year in and year out). Last year we went to Atlanta and wrestled really good competition there and followed up the very next weekend at Father Ryan in Nashville (didn't see Woodfools at that one). This year we are going to Lorraine Southview on the west side of Cleveland for their two day tourney (doubt Woodfools will get much farther north than Cincinatti). Our 2000 team went to the same tourney and I think only placed wrestlers in the B pool (Todd Allen may have placed in the A pool). I am just trying to defend some unjust accusations about LaRue in this post as well as others on here, especially by the disgruntled Woodford fans who just think that its always about them and no one else. Trust me, LaRue County (wrestlers and fans) make the state duals exciting...not Woodford.[/quote']

At Loraine Southview Todd finished second, Brad Walters won the A pool.

I have to say that Woodford (along with the teams like Ryle, Campbell, South Oldham, Wayne Co., etc.) does a pretty good job of making the duals exciting as well.

It's good to always go in to a gym (forum) thinking you are the best team, but you can do that without being harsh and disrespectful. Being disrespectful to another program only gives Larue a bad reputation. Something I hate to see.

As far as the subject goes, I REALLY hope that this is not true. IMHO I see nothing good coming out of this at all. It takes away three very good and competitive teams and ruins the chances of another small up and coming team. This reminds me of the move to go from a 16 man state to a 32 man state (a move I still hate).

If this is true, I know that Coach Canter could not have approved of the move, but if it has to happen, I see no better place to host it than Larue.

I think a much better idea would be to have a small school and large school duals the week before state duals and the top four teams from both tournaments are invited to the big show. Now that would be exciting.

The leadership and direction of the KWCA is starting to be more and more of a twin to the KHSAA.

That's a great idea! That would give both the large and small schools good competition for two weekends in a row, and then decide the real state dual champions the week after. It would also let LaRue host the small school duals. Both sides would get what they want.

That's a great idea! That would give both the large and small schools good competition for two weekends in a row' date=' and then decide the real state dual champions the week after. It would also let LaRue host the small school duals. Both sides would get what they want.[/quote']The sad part is "good ideas" never seem to win out when dealing with amateur sports.