git'r'done

Small School State Duals

The cruel fact of the matter guys (that i did not add previously) is that this is an nonsanctioned title anyhow. Not recognized by the KHSAA only the KWCA...like kissin' you sister when compared to the Big Show. Don't get me wrong, I personally like the "state" duals and I place a lot of importance on it; however, it's NOT really a state champioship in the legal sense. Wonder if KHSAA will sacntion the two duals format now or is it still just KWCA?

The 16 man format doesn't buy you much. It doesn't let anyone in that shouldn't be there, i concede that. But, is it so important to keep it like an exclusive club that you keep a few out that might deserve to be there. Look at a place like region 6 at 140 last year, you had a regional finals rematch in the state finals and Goldsby from Holmes took 5th. 3 Guys ... if at the round after regionals region 6 came up against a region with one of the guys placing higher than Goldsby, well ... you get where i'm going with that. Not cool, as you've possibly bumped someone of top 5 calibre.

The 32 man deal lets guys in that shouldn't be there, but makes sure no one really gets the shaft like i mentioned. And the winners all wash out, it only takes an extra round .... i really don't get why 32 is hated so much therefore. Of course, if a guy boasts about making state under that format ... just ignore him ... you gotta do more than that to have something to mouth about ! It will let some duds in, but i'd prefer to err on the side of getting ALL the best wrestlers there. In that sense, you could argue that its better for the later round competition at state.

I just dont understand all this talk about (fair) and someone getting the shaft after they have worked so hard.. This sport is about working hard, but if you have a format that only lets 4 kids per region in , then BY GOD you had better put in enough work to be in the top four!! Its just personal preference but I like the 16 man format with seedings better

I agree completely, you can't really complain about deserving to make the state tourney if you didn't under the current format. Thats why i like it, it all but eliminates the possibility of getting bumped from the state tournament if you should be there.

I'm not so hung up on the thing of it not being fair or not fair that someone gets bumped, i just want a state tourney that has all the best talent there. The old format leaves a guy the level of Goldsby or that Dixie kid at 152 who both took 5th at state in a precarious situation because of a ridiculous region.