Sign in to follow this  
tzimm152

Who do you want to see in the 112 finals against fahy?

Who?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Nick Paden
    • T.J. Ruschell
    • Zac Brown
    • Felix Casa del Valle
    • Chase Boone
    • Joey Henderson
    • Other (If so who)

or godly. haha. whichever one is more powerful.

but yeah and chase is short and strong, fahy is quick and technical, good match but fahy he wins i say 16-5.

or godly. haha. whichever one is more powerful.

but yeah and chase is short and strong, fahy is quick and technical, good match but fahy he wins i say 16-5.

I always hated having to wrestle either of the Boones, espically Tyler and his cradles out of anywhere

honestly id like to see any two wrestlers except fahy in the finals, nothing personal towards fahy, but everyone says he cant be beat, and id like to see it happen. im not gonna say or claim anybody can, but anyone can lose any given match.

honestly id like to see any two wrestlers except fahy in the finals, nothing personal towards fahy, but everyone says he cant be beat, and id like to see it happen. im not gonna say or claim anybody can, but anyone can lose any given match.

Well let's just look at Fahy last year at state, 103 was a pretty good weight class that year too.

Fahy pins Mitch Rusch in 1:16 (now 5th at 103)

Techs Robert Bracco 15-0 (5th at 119)

Techs Wade Willen 18-0 (8th at 112)

Majors Nick Paden 14-3 (2nd at 112)

Techs Pat Milford 15-3 (1st at 103)

Fahy is simply one of the best we have seen, dominated wrestlers of state placer calibar

im not saying anything to take away from his accomplishments, but just because you dominate 103 doesnt mean your a stud, look at elliot martin a couple years ago, dominated 103 and got beat as soon as he bumped to 119. im just saying everyone talks about how good he is, but how you react when you lose is what defines a true champion. i just dont think that anybody is to good to be beat.

since he has already won in everyones mind they should just go ahead and give him first and let the rest wrestle it out :-)  but since that aint going to happen i would like to see an underdog come on at state and get in the finals.

im not saying anything to take away from his accomplishments, but just because you dominate 103 doesnt mean your a stud, look at elliot martin a couple years ago, dominated 103 and got beat as soon as he bumped to 119. im just saying everyone talks about how good he is, but how you react when you lose is what defines a true champion. i just dont think that anybody is to good to be beat.

Well that is why alot of people are critical of Travis Sullivan, among other things, but still those are against very good lightweights in an extremely dominating fashion.

I think a Boone versus fahy match-up would be interesting

Technique v. Ungodly Strength

Sorry but boone is not ungodly strong...i have wrestled way more stronger ppl than boone at 112

If you think Fahy is not strong, you are fooling yourself. And for all of you Fahy disrespecting individuals, get off your computers and at least attempt to put half of the work in that John does, then go try to beat him! That way you won't have to ask the rest of the state or country to do it for you! :wink:

If you think Fahy is not strong, you are fooling yourself. And for all of you Fahy disrespecting individuals, get off your computers and at least attempt to put half of the work in that John does, then go try to beat him! That way you won't have to ask the rest of the state or country to do it for you! :wink:

Their not disrespecting Fahy, they are just trying to point out the fact that it is possible for Fahy to lose. Nobody is unbeatable. Also I didnt see someone say Fahy wasn't strong, I saw someone say Boone is not ungodly strong but not towards Fahy.

to hindu 56

there is a video of fahy losing in national tour. on previous post.  He handled the loss with grace and poise. The part i liked the most was even thou the other kid was clearly better and in total control john never stopped trying.  He wasnt trying to survive he was trying win until the last second.

to hindu 56

there is a video of fahy losing in national tour. on previous post.  He handled the loss with grace and poise. The part i liked the most was even thou the other kid was clearly better and in total control john never stopped trying.  He wasnt trying to survive he was trying win until the last second.

That is the sign of a true champion!

Paden gave him the closest match last year.  I'd like to see it again to see if either A) Fahy has gotten that much better than him or B) Paden has narrowed the gap.

Sorry but boone is not ungodly strong...i have wrestled way more stronger ppl than boone at 112

I never wrestled Chase, I always wrestled Tyler who was one of the top 3 strongest 119s ive ever wrestled, as strong as some 130s and 135s ive rolled with.

Everybody ive talked to talks about how insanely strong Chase Boone is

it all depends on who else they have wrestled to compare strength to plus boone is a year older than the last time you wrestled him so prob a litle stronger and his body type prob helps out a lil bit

it all depends on who else they have wrestled to compare strength to plus boone is a year older than the last time you wrestled him so prob a litle stronger and his body type prob helps out a lil bit

yea there is nothing more dangerous to me than short person with muschles and someone who knows how to use it

No doubt, Chase lost that baby fat he always had and is way more aggressive now.

My vote is Zac Brown.

I have a completely biased opinion being from the same team as him but I'd love to see a Fahy - Brown matchup. I think Zac Brown has been under the radar as a top contender. I'm pretty sure a couple years back he beat Paden at state duals. Don't count Zac Brown out; he has what it takes to be under those lights. 

My vote is Zac Brown.

I have a completely biased opinion being from the same team as him but I'd love to see a Fahy - Brown matchup. I think Zac Brown has been under the radar as a top contender. I'm pretty sure a couple years back he beat Paden at state duals. Don't count Zac Brown out; he has what it takes to be under those lights.

I wouldn't discount Paden based on that result (I don't recall if that happened or not).  But remember, he was a middle schooler at that point.

I wouldn't discount Paden based on that result (I don't recall if that happened or not).  But remember, he was a middle schooler at that point.

You're right. That one result from two years ago shouldn't discount him from being in the running but I know Zac can compete and possibly beat Ruschell, or Paden if he meets up with either of them. I just feel like he's been under the radar since being injured last season.

However 112 ends up playing out I hope they give Fahy a good match!

I have two points about this discussion.  1) Fahy handled Casa de Valle at Jefferson County Tournament this year.  Casa de Valle is head and shoulders above most every 112 in the state (there are several exceptions, Willen, etc.).  The fact that Fahy was simply working take-downs against one of the best in the state tells the tale.  2)  It does not surprise me that Fahy handled a recent national loss with complete class.  All of the Trinity wrestlers are extremenly disciplined, and it makes me respect their program that much more.  I point out this type of discipline to my kids all of the time.  As a coach, this impresses me the very most about a program.