Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Same side of the Bracket at state

Looking at the home stretch my LEAST favorite part of the state tournament crops up.  I HATE it when the two best (BY FAR) end up on the same side of the bracket.

For example this year:

103- Anyone of the top would be fun to see in the finals

112- doesn

Looking at the home stretch my LEAST favorite part of the state tournament crops up.  I HATE it when the two best (BY FAR) end up on the same side of the bracket.

For example this year:

103- Anyone of the top would be fun to see in the finals

112- doesn

For most weights, I think the top 3 are all state champ caliber wrestlers. What sucks is that its not THAT unlikely for the top 3 to end up on the same side... So its pretty easy to get shafted for the finals unless they seed the top 4, which they don't do.

As always there are always upsets or so-called upsets at state, but I think there will be some very interesting matches that will turn heads, I look forward to some good wrestling at States.

As always there are always upsets or so-called upsets at state, but I think there will be some very interesting matches that will turn heads, I look forward to some good wrestling at States.

What is it with the dea that everyone is "turning heads"  I mean really, in all my 20+ years involved in wrestling i have never had someone go hey "look over here, this guy is really turning heads!"

What is it with the dea that everyone is "turning heads"  I mean really, in all my 20+ years involved in wrestling i have never had someone go hey "look over here, this guy is really turning heads!"

It's the new wrestling age

"look over here, this HOT CHICK wrestler is really turning heads!"

It's the new wrestling age

"look over here, this HOT CHICK wrestler is really turning heads!"

Is she 'turning heads'  cause I can think of a few other..... wait, don't want to get banned.

Are you saying its impossible for Fahy to be beaten at the state tourney because anything is possible now days in sports and heck high sports too.

Yes it is impossible.

Sorry, but unless he blows an O ring or some other crap, he will not actually be beaten legitimately by anyone at 112.  He will also not be challenged legitimately by anyone at 112.

Sure he could lose if his leg feel off.

Yes it is impossible.

Sorry, but unless he blows an O ring or some other crap, he will not actually be beaten legitimately by anyone at 112.  He will also not be challenged legitimately by anyone at 112.

Sure he could lose if his leg feel off.

I agree. It is possible that he won't win, but it would have to be something crazy like an injury or a lucky move, but even if someone caught him in something hes good enough to get out. he is ALOT better than all the other 112s and most people in the state.

Anything could happen just ask the guy that beat Dan Gable errr whats his name....

Is that the guy that used to wrestler for woodford when they were kicking but all the time?

Anything could happen just ask the guy that beat Dan Gable errr whats his name....

Larry Owing.

Owing was a helluva wrestler.

No one at 112 is a helluva wrestler.

Is that the guy that used to wrestler for woodford when they were kicking but all the time?

No I know who he is, makes wrestling shoes (seen kids wearing them, has his name on them)

No I know who he is, makes wrestling shoes (seen kids wearing them, has his name on them)

So i guess its really 119, 140, 145, 152 that i hope dont get screwed up.

huh

not too bad

demery from north hardin has been lookin real solid i could see him winin at 145

So Olympic_wish - you think everybody above 160 pretty much sucks? I'm sure they'll be glad to know what you think.

No Hitchings is a good wrestler.  The rest of them are no that impressive.  To be honest 215 and 285 is absolute trash this year.

Larry Owing.

Owing was a helluva wrestler.

No one at 112 is a helluva wrestler.

An interesting note about Larry Owing, a friend of my younger brothers is making a documentary about him.  He spent a week at the guy's house and pretty much got his whole story.  It's basically telling how a guy who trained his whole life to beat a legend like Dan Gable but after he did the sport basically made him into a villain.  I'll post a link to more info about it when the movie comes out.

Its possible to beat Fahy you'll see

No you need to look on flow wrestling . org because theres several matches in which he is getting scrapped by kids at super 32

So i guess its really 119, 140, 145, 152 that i hope dont get screwed up.

huh

not too bad

well don't be surprised if thomson doesn't make it to the finals i mean he's good but not at caleb's level he's at the same level as the rest of his weight class and I can't believe u think shotwell and olhman are above the rest demery will beat shotwell at the mustange and finally get some love in the rankings the person to beat him or even score on him this year is Caleb 

at 103 i'd have to say ervin i mean he teched hines thats pretty and impressive and done well at quite a few out of state events idk if the other 103's besides maybe yenter have seen a whole lot of tough competion outside KY