Sign in to follow this  
CERON

Trinity, Woodford Co., Ryle, Union Co., Mark Hall etc.

Not true

then if a wrestler is from an independent middle that is not part of the khsaa system and is not associated with a high school is can do this  why cannot a home schooled child do this?

Even if Hall moves back to Michigan after the season and returns in the fall to compete again, it is still not as offensive as an Indiana resident, Knable,  allowed to compete in Ky and win 4 state titles.  The rules are always bent in Louisville. It is just comical that Louisville is finally on the receiving end of a rule bend and whining like a bunch of girl scouts with empty stolen cookie boxes.  Now that Louisville is getting dogged, maybe the KHSAA might change the rules.

I will tell what would have been really awesome to see. Knable being an Indiana resident and returning 3 time "Ky" state champ and have Hall move in as a senior weighing the same as Knable and beating him. That would be ironic. Would Louisville then have a legitimate beef? Oh well, I can only dream.

Not sure why you keep referring to this as if it is a "Louisville" thing.  It seems the comments regarding several of the issues raised are being generated from throughout the state including up here in N. KY.  The rule you are talking about with Knable has nothing to do with Louisville.  It is a National High School Federation rule that addresses border states and what happens when a kid attends school across a border from his residence.  It applies across the country and the rule basically states that you compete in High School based on where you attend school.  As I recall there are some KY kids in the Evansville area that attend HS in Indiana (Mater Dei or Memorial) that compete in IN rather than KY.  The same would be true if a KY kid attended Moeller or Lasalle. 

This has been a very interesting topic..............................

Can't wait to see the topic when mark hall wrestles in the Middle school state tournament. :-D

Not sure why you keep referring to this as if it is a "Louisville" thing.  It seems the comments regarding several of the issues raised are being generated from throughout the state including up here in N. KY.  The rule you are talking about with Knable has nothing to do with Louisville.  It is a National High School Federation rule that addresses border states and what happens when a kid attends school across a border from his residence.  It applies across the country and the rule basically states that you compete in High School based on where you attend school.  As I recall there are some KY kids in the Evansville area that attend HS in Indiana (Mater Dei or Memorial) that compete in IN rather than KY.  The same would be true if a KY kid attended Moeller or Lasalle.

Excellent point Bluesky, as it turns out, I do have a chip on my shoulder for the catholic schools in Louisville.  Mostly, it is football but as of the last few years, wrestling is now included.  They can and do recruit all over. Trinity and St X are essentially Louisville All Star schools.  Poor kid who is a great athlete, no problem, he's a scholarship.  Live in different county or even different state, no problem, we are a religous school and exempt from the govering rules applied to public schools.  When is the last time a public school won 6A state championship in football?  They circumvent the normal rules and legally recruit.

The entire Fern Creek wrestling team transferred to Trinity.

Some pathetic catholic school parent gets on the site and starts bashing Hall for legally moving into the state and legally wrestling and I find it appalling.  For these guys to even suggest something isn't fair is mockery of the very game they thrive on.  A little 7th grader is beating a Jolly Green state champ and people piss and moan about it.  I saw the match when Myron beat Hall earlier and the little 7th grader didn't come off the mat screaming and yelling at the coach and screeming at the ref. The little Michigan boy held his head up, took the defeat, practiced hard and returned only to beat our pride of Ky. I think it's shameless one of our very best screamed at the coaches and ref's. I think it's shameless Myron lives 60 miles away from Trinity and legally commutes daily only to have one of the catholic school parents cry about how unfair it is for Hall to wrestle.

You guys call it pride if you want, I call it shameless.  Notice, I never typed anything on this site until a parent gets on here and bashed Hall. Frankly, I don't give a &(*^% about anyone who thinks I'm being too mean.  The catholics have enjoyed the flexibility of the rules for years when it benefits them but the second it doesn't, they are the first to whine.   

Grapplesacks, your lack of understanding of the rules and the circumstances regarding Bradbury and Trinity's team are laughable.  Everyone reading your posts are laughing at your ignorance and obvious hatred of X and T for the ass-whooping that you must have taken on the mat and the football field by "Jolly Green".  You really should let it go and accept that you did not work hard enough to ever beat them. 

Many people have stated that their problem with Hall is the intention to move out and move back in next year and move back out again. 

Also, not one Trinity wrestler ever attended Fern Creek HS or FC middle, or FC elementary.  They wrestled for the Fern Creek Optimist Wrestling Club which has no association with FCHS.  Most of the kids attended St. Gabriel, a catholic "feeder" school to Trinity.  Explain to me the claim that Fern Creek HS has to these kids.

One last point.... Trinity did absolutely nothing to "recruit" these kids.  There was no contact with administration, coaches, etc.  The kids who attended feeder schools like St. Gabriel were on a mailing list for entrance exam dates, etc.  That is it.  The Bradbury's chose Trinity due to Myron's desire to wrestle with his friends Brad, Brent, Grant, and Erin in high school.  The fact that Trinity is an excellent school made it an easy decision.

Blusky said:

[shadow=red,left]As I recall there are some KY kids in the Evansville area that attend HS in Indiana (Mater Dei or Memorial) that compete in IN rather than KY.  The same would be true if a KY kid attended Moeller or Lasalle.  [/shadow]

OHSAA specifically has a rule that says every athlete  on an Ohio team must live in Ohio.  Now there just might one or two kids wrestling for Cincinnati schools who are "bending" that rule but no names will be mentioned.

Excellent point Bluesky, as it turns out, I do have a chip on my shoulder for the catholic schools in Louisville.  Mostly, it is football but as of the last few years, wrestling is now included.  They can and do recruit all over. Trinity and St X are essentially Louisville All Star schools.  Poor kid who is a great athlete, no problem, he's a scholarship.  Live in different county or even different state, no problem, we are a religous school and exempt from the govering rules applied to public schools.  When is the last time a public school won 6A state championship in football?  They circumvent the normal rules and legally recruit.

The entire Fern Creek wrestling team transferred to Trinity.

Some pathetic catholic school parent gets on the site and starts bashing Hall for legally moving into the state and legally wrestling and I find it appalling.  For these guys to even suggest something isn't fair is mockery of the very game they thrive on.  A little 7th grader is beating a Jolly Green state champ and people piss and moan about it.  I saw the match when Myron beat Hall earlier and the little 7th grader didn't come off the mat screaming and yelling at the coach and screeming at the ref. The little Michigan boy held his head up, took the defeat, practiced hard and returned only to beat our pride of Ky. I think it's shameless one of our very best screamed at the coaches and ref's. I think it's shameless Myron lives 60 miles away from Trinity and legally commutes daily only to have one of the catholic school parents cry about how unfair it is for Hall to wrestle.

You guys call it pride if you want, I call it shameless.  Notice, I never typed anything on this site until a parent gets on here and bashed Hall. Frankly, I don't give a &(*^% about anyone who thinks I'm being too mean.  The catholics have enjoyed the flexibility of the rules for years when it benefits them but the second it doesn't, they are the first to whine. 

I know for  a fact the Hitchings went to Gabriel, my mother was their 7th and 8th grade science teacher.  As for the rest of them I can't speak, but I do know, living in FC area growing up that the Optimist club is not attached to the school system.  I played optimist baseball and basketball, and its was called Fern Creek Optimist and had nothing to do with the schools.

As I said earlier:

If you don't like the rules get them changed through the KHSAA l :|/ Move to where you like their rules  :-o/ Stay here, live with them and cry  :cry:about them on KYwrestling.com

The same for football, Synchronized swimming or chess.

Here is the link to the KHSAA if you want to change them: http://www.khsaa.org/ or to find a new home try this one (there are many others out there) http://www.realtor.com/ and finely Dr. phil to help you get through your dilemmas and for the chaos affecting your life http://www.drphil.com/

Grapplesacks, your lack of understanding of the rules and the circumstances regarding Bradbury and Trinity's team are laughable.  Everyone reading your posts are laughing at your ignorance and obvious hatred of X and T for the butt-whooping that you must have taken on the mat and the football field by "Jolly Green".  You really should let it go and accept that you did not work hard enough to ever beat them. 

Many people have stated that their problem with Hall is the intention to move out and move back in next year and move back out again. 

Also, not one Trinity wrestler ever attended Fern Creek HS or FC middle, or FC elementary.  They wrestled for the Fern Creek Optimist Wrestling Club which has no association with FCHS.  Most of the kids attended St. Gabriel, a catholic "feeder" school to Trinity.  Explain to me the claim that Fern Creek HS has to these kids.

One last point.... Trinity did absolutely nothing to "recruit" these kids.  There was no contact with administration, coaches, etc.  The kids who attended feeder schools like St. Gabriel were on a mailing list for entrance exam dates, etc.  That is it.  The Bradbury's chose Trinity due to Myron's desire to wrestle with his friends Brad, Brent, Grant, and Erin in high school.  The fact that Trinity is an excellent school made it an easy decision.

Spare me please. If my comments are laughable and venomous then why would you even take the time to address and substantiate them. Obviously, you are very much bothered by my comments as you provide a meek retort.  Face it, your condescending little comment about my laughable comments are in fact sending painful little shocks right up your spinless back. The are very much hitting a nerve and you know it! 

There are hundreds of 7th and 8th graders in Ky wrestling varsity and yet Hall is mentioned by name only after he beats Myron.  Parents find it "irritating". I find it irritating Knable lived in Indiana while he was winning the golds in Ky.

Why don't you comment on a senior returning state champ yelling and screaming at the ref and coaches after he losing to a little 7th grade boy.  Screaming at the ref because he didn't hit Hall for stalling in the final period of overtime.  A seniour who doesn't even know the rules of overtime. Teach him there is no such thing as stalling in the last period of OT. A senior acting that way. Come on RYP, step up to the plate and comment on this pathetic display of poor sportsmanship. Tell everyone what Hall did when he lost to Myron earlier. I suspect you will cowardly ignore it. Hall, the little Michigan boy, displayed phenomenal sportsmanship. I guess they taught him that in Michigan. I guess if he went to your school he would have screamed and yelled at the ref.

What is laughable is your lame diversionary attempt to make this about my insecurities and shortcomings. My day, like yours, is long gone. I am not here to compete or relish about my accomplishments. I want to point about the hypocrisy which exudes from a disgruntled parent who otherwise enjoys the flexibility afforded to him by his religious choice while at the same time bashing a little 7th grade boy. 

Myron travels 60 miles to go to Trinity. It is legal. Why don't you comment on his travel. It's legal, right! Hall is wrestling legally.

RYP you are right, nothing was done illegally in Louisville when the entire Fern Creek team left and went to Trinity. Personally I didn't care when they left. I only care now because the all mighty parents of Louisville can't keep their blow holes closed and start bashing a little 7th grader.

Spare me please. If my comments are laughable and venomous then why would you even take the time to address and substantiate them. Obviously, you are very much bothered by my comments as you provide a meek retort.  Face it, your condescending little comment about my laughable comments are in fact sending painful little shocks right up your spinless back. The are very much hitting a nerve and you know it! 

There are hundreds of 7th and 8th graders in Ky wrestling varsity and yet Hall is mentioned by name only after he beats Myron.  Parents find it "irritating". I find it irritating Knable lived in Indiana while he was winning the golds in Ky.

Why don't you comment on a senior returning state champ yelling and screaming at the ref and coaches after he losing to a little 7th grade boy.  Screaming at the ref because he didn't hit Hall for stalling in the final period of overtime.  A seniour who doesn't even know the rules of overtime. Teach him there is no such thing as stalling in the last period of OT. A senior acting that way. Come on RYP, step up to the plate and comment on this pathetic display of poor sportsmanship. Tell everyone what Hall did when he lost to Myron earlier. I suspect you will cowardly ignore it. Hall, the little Michigan boy, displayed phenomenal sportsmanship. I guess they taught him that in Michigan. I guess if he went to your school he would have screamed and yelled at the ref.

What is laughable is your lame diversionary attempt to make this about my insecurities and shortcomings. My day, like yours, is long gone. I am not here to compete or relish about my accomplishments. I want to point about the hypocrisy which exudes from a disgruntled parent who otherwise enjoys the flexibility afforded to him by his religious choice while at the same time bashing a little 7th grade boy. 

Myron travels 60 miles to go to Trinity. It is legal. Why don't you comment on his travel. It's legal, right! Hall is wrestling legally.

RYP you are right, nothing was done illegally in Louisville when the entire Fern Creek team left and went to Trinity. Personally I didn't care when they left. I only care now because the all mighty parents of Louisville can't keep their blow holes closed and start bashing a little 7th grader.

Honestly, as opposed to you who is bashing a little 12th grader?  Still a kid.  But you've proved your point, you don't like 'the all mighty parents of louisville who can't keep their blow holes closed'.  We get it.

Move on.

Blusky said:

[shadow=red,left]As I recall there are some KY kids in the Evansville area that attend HS in Indiana (Mater Dei or Memorial) that compete in IN rather than KY.  The same would be true if a KY kid attended Moeller or Lasalle.  [/shadow]

OHSAA specifically has a rule that says every athlete  on an Ohio team must live in Ohio.  Now there just might one or two kids wrestling for Cincinnati schools who are "bending" that rule but no names will be mentioned.

not entirely true oldwrestler81, there are these things called "exceptions". here is the list directly from ohsaa. i am glad you chose not too mention the kids name as he is completely legal and approved by ohsaa. i am sure as you are a ryle parent you are just a little disturbed they chose an ohio school over ryle.

EXCEPTION 3

I've stated troughout the post, we need to stop bashing these kids for being successful, no matter where they live or what their intentions are for wrestling in our state. Stop treating these kids as if they are doing something wrong. Their families are simply playing by the rules and for them to wrestle and be good is fantastic for our state. I apologize for those who have been treated unfairly in the post and good luck to you for the rest of the year. Bradbury is a great kid and a competitor, he shouldn't be treated this way by and adult. I don't know Hall but if he's wrestling he has that competitive nature. Stop making them feel ashamed of what have accomplished or will in the future.

Honestly, as opposed to you who is bashing a little 12th grader?  Still a kid.  But you've proved your point, you don't like 'the all mighty parents of louisville who can't keep their blow holes closed'.  We get it.

Move on.

Yep, you are right. I will stop with Myron.  It's not his fault the parents bashed Hall only after Myron lost to Hall. I was also giving a backhanded compliment to Hall for handling his Bradbury defeat with such class while at the same time letting Myron know his temper tantrum was unbecoming.  The sport of wrestling is admired by many because it teaches kids to be self accountable. When a wrestler yells at a coach following a loss, this behavior is contrary to the very essence of the sports.  Perhaps I was too hard of Myron. I apologize.

I will move on.

While we are all entitled to opinions these specific situations, I think the most important thing is that all of these schools have abided by the guidelines of KHSAA.  If not protest would have already been filed, so since no one is breaking rules, let's talk about the excitement that having some new outside blood has brought to the state and the state tournament if these two wrestler end up on the opposite side of the bracket which would be bad if that were to happen.  This would be like the Bradburry vs. Union kid two years ago where the semi-finals was really the finals matchup.  I understand it is a random draw but you want to see the best two kids in the finals.

Floridafan,

I am not "disturrbed" over who is not wrestling for Ryle.  I was referring to an older case where a KY boy was playing football for St. X (the Cincinnati one) and the specific case was mentioned in an OHSAA directive (I'm sorry if I don't recall exact name or case #) concerning out of state athletes.  I honestly did not know exceptions existed.

I wish I was Mark Hall, your AWESOME!!!! To have everybody talk about you, what a stud!! As Rush says , I will whip you with one hand tied behind my back!! WHAT A BEAST!! Soak it all In, because you are already a Legend, in the state of Kentucky!! :-D 8-) :-D 8-) :-D 8-) :-D 8-)

Yep, you are right. I will stop with Myron.  It's not his fault the parents bashed Hall only after Myron lost to Hall. I was also giving a backhanded compliment to Hall for handling his Bradbury defeat with such class while at the same time letting Myron know his temper tantrum was unbecoming.  The sport of wrestling is admired by many because it teaches kids to be self accountable. When a wrestler yells at a coach following a loss, this behavior is contrary to the very essence of the sports.  Perhaps I was too hard of Myron. I apologize.

I will move on.

yes you were too hard on myron, and now you are accusing his parents of talking smack , fact is i started this conversation in the dragon thread and i am not myrons parent. how bout you just stick to facts and assume nothing. now you have drug their name into this incorrectly. how about an apology to them now?

Well, I wasn't going to respond, but I think my son and I have a unique situation similar to the one you speak of.

We started training my son as soon as he could crawl, he was doing granbies before he started on baby food, we knew he was talented so we kept him away from bad (spoiled) kids with bad habits and began a intense ritual of raw meat , vegetables(mostly Jolly Green giant green beans) and Jolly ranchers to keep a little sweetness in him incase he decided not to wrestle till the day  he died.

We chained him to the basement wall with enough links to wrestle him on the concrete floor, he is now a 6th grader and we have decided to release him to the Ky wrestling community, he will eat St.X and Trinity kids for breakfast, he has no fear , but is curious of the outside world,  he is 1/4th Catholic  1/4 th Baptist , 1/4th Jahovias Witness and 1/4 Amish.

I think 7th grade is the best time to release him to the outside world, I believe he could go on the mat with the ryle and Trinity varsity teams in a battle royal, and still come out the victor.

Well, I hope your sons are ready for the ultimate test.

On a serious note, good luck to all kids in the upcoming State tournaments , Wrestling is the ultimate sport to teach a kid early in life that if you want something bad enough, hardwork, and persistance is your best friend , and hopefully they will take what they learn and use it for good in their everyday lives.

Whew some people really have the blood flowing now.

I will try to break this down as only the GOO can

Excellent point Bluesky, as it turns out, I do have a chip on my shoulder for the catholic schools in Louisville.  Mostly, it is football but as of the last few years, wrestling is now included. 

I'm glad that you can admit this.  This allows people to know where you are coming from.  (Not a bad thing)

They can and do recruit all over. Trinity and St X are essentially Louisville All Star schools.  Poor kid who is a great athlete, no problem, he's a scholarship.  Live in different county or even different state, no problem, we are a religious school and exempt from the governing rules applied to public schools.  When is the last time a public school won 6A state championship in football?  They circumvent the normal rules and legally recruit.

This is kind of a blurry area here.  Yes they do recruit but they don't do it on purpose.  Parents and kids are influenced by their reputation in some of their sports.  They are not contacted by the school but the media does this for them, just by printing that they won another state title.

As far as that goes however.  Who cares?  So they win every year good for them.  It's not unfair they do what they do.  And before you accuse me of being a Catholic you are sorely incorrect.  I don't worship anything, I'm Atheist. 

This is a whole different topic.  This boils down to coaching and parenting.  It has nothing to do with where someone Is from or their school of choice.  It is just a bash. 

The long and the short of this is this.  Life is unfair.  My mom told me this so many times when I was a kid I got tired of hearing it.  We are part of wrestling.  The best thing about wrestling is that it is mono-a-mono.  You against whoever is standing in front of you.  The technological age has clouded the waters.  40 years ago this would not have been an issue.  Heck even when I wrestled I didn't know about anyone in the "L" towns.  I just wrestled whoever was in front of me.  I didn't know if they were suppose to be good or bad.  I say allow kids to transfer wherever they want as often as they want.  Who cares.  GOO Jr. will wrestle you no matter where you are from, or whoever you wrestle for, and hopefully by his Sr. year he will defeat all that stand in front of him.  If not he will be disappointed but he will continue knowing he put everything he had into wrestling and became a better man because of it, no matter the outcome in the end. 

GOO - I got to hand it to you, you have a great outlook on things and a very clear thought process.  This whole thread has turned into a podium for ripping on Trinity, Hall, or Bradbury.  Any way we adults look at it or discuss it, come state time Ryle & Trinity are going to war, and Bradbury and Hall are gonna have another show down.  It'll be classic.  No matter what we all think about the catholics, the out of state kids, etc....  you can bet your ### all of the teams involved have dotted every i, and crossed every t.  All kids are "technically" legal and all the coaches/programs did things by the book.  Let's move on.