Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy

Indivual Faviortes in Region 3?

Every high school wrestler that gets on this site should heed the advice of working during the summer to get better.  I saw Bryce at every camp, USA tourney this past summer that we took our kids to.  The work ethic he has shown from last year to this year is an incredible difference.  It is the clear cut reason Bryce is doing it big this year.  Congrats to you, young Sir.

Coach Pack

i second that ! plus summer wrestling is less strict and fun

yea summer wrestling is better. No weight cutting really and you wrestle kids you will never did in the season, also there's alot of coaches there to help you out

I think for off-season wrestling preparation, the key is balance.  We've all seen guys who went the strength path, but ultimately came up short.  There have also been guys who went to expensive camps, and some did not achieve their goals either. 

Off-season preparation should include alot of wrestling, camps, and strength training.  The other day I heard Rusty Parks say that his wrestlers at Woodford Co. would sometimes get fifty or sixty matches during the offseason.  The reality is that any off-season preparation will help you, especially compared with wrestlers who do nothing or only participate in other sports.  The more balanced your preparation is, the more results you will see. 

If you're going to focus on only one, then mat time is probably the best route.  The greatest improvement in my wrestlers this season has been due to: #1 off-season mat time, #2 strength training, and #3 camps (in my opinion). 

I think for off-season wrestling preparation, the key is balance.  We've all seen guys who went the strength path, but ultimately came up short.  There have also been guys who went to expensive camps, and some did not achieve their goals either. 

Off-season preparation should include alot of wrestling, camps, and strength training.  The other day I heard Rusty Parks say that his wrestlers at Woodford Co. would sometimes get fifty or sixty matches during the offseason.  The reality is that any off-season preparation will help you, especially compared with wrestlers who do nothing or only participate in other sports.  The more balanced your preparation is, the more results you will see. 

If you're going to focus on only one, then mat time is probably the best route.  The greatest improvement in my wrestlers this season has been due to: #1 off-season mat time, #2 strength training, and #3 camps (in my opinion).

I thought the ONLY reason your wrestlers ever got better was C-Ron.  :wink: kidding

im 45-1 and yea evan is my boy ha i told him if he makes it to the state finals that i would paint up for it hhah

When did you start to compile your 45-1 record? Just since the beginning of this years High School season, or does that include pre season as well?

I am just curious.

When did you start to compile your 45-1 record? Just since the beginning of this years High School season, or does that include pre season as well?

I am just curious.

just at the start of the season, like our first tournament is when i started it

Somebody should find out where that lil punk goes to school and tattle on him...maybe me!! 

Yeah, Pack, you make a great point........... :-D

And I'm so much better...I guess I should be teaching right now  :-o

I thought the ONLY reason your wrestlers ever got better was C-Ron.  :wink: kidding

Actually, C-ron just pisses them off enough to want to hurt somebody. Then they win. lol

Ceron only did you like that dusty cause he wanted the best effort you could bring. he does me the same way at practice now. he pisses me off  but he also keeps my head level when it comes time for me to wrestle.

Ceron works with anyone who will listen, I even saw him at Trinity working with kids before nationals. Most people dont know who he is or if he can even wrestle. He offered his help with everyone on PRP's team during the summer and the only one was interested, Bryce. His own nephew didnt want to put in work during the off season. Bryce put in the work to become better and Ceron is a big reason for it.

I think you guys took my post a little too seriously. I know he helps the team. I told Bryce last season that the off-season would be the deciding factor in him becoming what he wants to be in wrestling. Ceron went way out of his way to help support Bryce in his efforts and it has clearly paid off.

This Ceron things needs to be its own post cause we need to get to the bottom of who he is and what he does that works for some guys. Im pretty sure if you ask him, he'll tell you. I just think he can help just about any wrestler cause he sees things most dont.

I can help a little with this Ceron thing.  He was a pretty good wrestler in high school, but, like myself, is not all that proud of his high school career.  It's amazing what our adult life does to us, and now Ceron is probably one of the hardest working guys around.  He understands wrestling, and he can help anybody that will listen to him.  If a wrestler won't listen to him, Ceron will not work with him.  It's as simple as that. 

I give Ceron alot of credit for the improvement in Bryce, but ultimately Bryce made his decisions all along the way, just like all of us do.  I watched as Bryce worked all summer, and noone else on our team did.  Bryce got way better, and everybody else didn't.