Sign in to follow this  
OldTimer130

Dragon Inv.

heyyou1-00

obviously you have a reading comprehension issue, a simple dose of ritalin may fix this. or maybe you just have a comunication problem, sorry no fix for this in pill form.  maybe this  subject is a little personal for you. bottom line, you have poorly defended your position on this. first the ohio ruling is only if you live and wrestle in ohio , you are not penalized for being varsity in a state as a 7th and 8th grader and then move into ohio as a freshman. you still get your 4 eligible years of varsity time. secondly, if you would of read the post better, i am not blasting him for being an awesome 7th grader beating up true high schoolers, but i was clearly pointing out the fact that he was on a 2 yr contract by design and then leaving to mighty michigan. i never once claimed anything was illegal, in fact i used the exact terms "perfectly legal". i also hardly doubt this could be considered blasting the kid, i am sure he didnt beg his dad to leave his freinds and move to union ky .

in my next post i will include an english to ryle translation, or maybe an english to michigan translation, you pick which one will help you understand better.

Mr. Bradbury (kidding),

Thanks for the advice on reading comprehension, they also have help for anger management, which you should look into. I defended myself simply on what you posted.

1) he is eroding KY wrestling.

*simply put I have never follewed nor cared about KY wrestling until this year when I saw him beat multiple state placers from ohio. Hardly seems like a eroding wrestling to me

2) OH middle schoolers will move to KY for 2 years

*you need to go back and read the rules again in ohio, as I have been informed he will only have 2 years of wrestling should you use 2 years in KY. If I am mistaken, then this kid will be making a detour on his way to michigan to a small little town called St. Paris. Yes, I do think Jordan would even take him with only 2 years left.

3) Taking someone elses spot.

*win your wrestle off and you have a spot. Pretty simple.

Do I think it is right to use ryle for 2 years, no. But in this sport  we see players trade teams all the time. He will not be the first or the last. By the way I have no ties to KY wrestling or Ryle.

Typed this on a blackberry so I apologize for any grammer errors, plus I have not attended that reading comprehension class

I have no personal interest in the Hall situation.  But I have said all along since I have come to KY that I didn't particularly care for kids being able to wrestle varsity as middle school kids and my point of contention is that it is not fair to the kids to wrestle varsity as 7th and 8th graders because it is an unfair advantage to them when it comes to the becoming actual high school kids, and they face a kid that has transferred in and has no high school experience but that is my personal opinion.  But I understand that some schools also need the middle schoolers to keep their programs afloat.  So I'm torn on this issue, but if Ryle has accepted the fact that this kid is great for their program who am I to argue, I just can't wait to see him on the mat and check him out

heyyou, mr bradbury would never complain about hall, he and myron are both too classy for that. i am quite abit north east of louisville and not near as classy. i was pointing out the situation as it stands with kids using ky for a feeder program into their home states and whether or not this was good or bad, hence the pros and cons structure of my statement. as far as the anger management goes, i will once again refer you take a reading class, this time its "analytical reading for dummies", because a better analyzation of my comments would of showed a smart elic approach instead of the angry approach you suggested. i will now include the ohsaa bylaws for your viewing pleasure.

4-3-3 After a student completes the eighth grade, or is otherwise eligible for high school athletics

pursuant to Bylaw 4-2-3, the student shall be eligible for a period not to exceed eight semesters

taken in order of attendance, whether the student participates or not. A student in grade

7 or 8 who attains the age of 15 before August 1 shall be eligible only at the high school

level for a period not to exceed eight semesters taken in order of attendance, whether the

student participates or not.

so what this says is unless he turned 15  before august 1 during his 7th and 8th grade year then he is eligible for all 8 continous semesters during his high school career beginning his 9th grade. so unless mark hall meets this ohsaa requirements and is the age of a normal 7th grader, he and others could go to ohio and be eligible for 8 semesters after wrestling 2 yrs varsity in ky during their middle school careers.

finally, i cannot speak for jeff jordan, but i believe he would take mark hall his 11th and 12th grade years but would turn him down if he was only willing to compete his 9th and 10th.

what if union and trinity (if the school allowed) started borrowing 7th and 8th graders from indiana on this 2 year plan? this is a bad precedent for wrestling in ky. i will say it one last time, if any kid was a move in and had full intentions to wrestle through the 12th grade, this wouldnt be a topic.

heyyou, mr bradbury would never complain about hall, he and myron are both too classy for that. i am quite abit north east of louisville and not near as classy. i was pointing out the situation as it stands with kids using ky for a feeder program into their home states and whether or not this was good or bad, hence the pros and cons structure of my statement. as far as the anger management goes, i will once again refer you take a reading class, this time its "analytical reading for dummies", because a better analyzation of my comments would of showed a smart elic approach instead of the angry approach you suggested. i will now include the ohsaa bylaws for your viewing pleasure.

4-3-3 After a student completes the eighth grade, or is otherwise eligible for high school athletics

pursuant to Bylaw 4-2-3, the student shall be eligible for a period not to exceed eight semesters

taken in order of attendance, whether the student participates or not. A student in grade

7 or 8 who attains the age of 15 before August 1 shall be eligible only at the high school

level for a period not to exceed eight semesters taken in order of attendance, whether the

student participates or not.

so what this says is unless he turned 15  before august 1 during his 7th and 8th grade year then he is eligible for all 8 continous semesters during his high school career beginning his 9th grade. so unless mark hall meets this ohsaa requirements and is the age of a normal 7th grader, he and others could go to ohio and be eligible for 8 semesters after wrestling 2 yrs varsity in ky during their middle school careers.

finally, i cannot speak for jeff jordan, but i believe he would take mark hall his 11th and 12th grade years but would turn him down if he was only willing to compete his 9th and 10th.

what if union and trinity (if the school allowed) started borrowing 7th and 8th graders from indiana on this 2 year plan? this is a bad precedent for wrestling in ky. i will say it one last time, if any kid was a move in and had full intentions to wrestle through the 12th grade, this wouldnt be a topic.

You my friend have a much better understanding of the OHSAA rules than any other ohio coach that I have talked to, because all that I have talked to have stated that he will only be able to compete for 2 years.

I agree with you about borrowing wrestlers, not really a good for KY wrestling. This kid has a chance to be one of the best ever. Now I know that is a brash statement, but lets face it he is good, darn good. This kid has seeked out good competion to get better where alot of the time in this sport we see wrestlers bumping up and cutting weight to avoid the best wrestlers around, you have to commend him for that. I am not saying that the 2 year plan is right, but if he is to wrestle JR high now he would destroy his fellow wreslters. I think him wrestling varsity as a 7th grader is great, and his success is even better. It will not only make him better. but KY wrestling as a whole better.

Enough said, we will could battle this out all night, but I think that we both have our opinions and even though they are different they are both good. We can agree to disagree, no hard feelings..

My Mr. Bradbury comment was not a dig at the Bradburys, I was just being quick witted. I am sure they are very classy people

where was fahy?  Interesting question.

Prob.....weight. having a hard time makin weight...waiting for regionals and state.

Truth be told, Given the fact John has already beaten antone worth of his mat  time; he went to coach his younger brother at Middle School Regions,  Fahy, has been secretly training at the Olympic training facility so he can bump up and beat Hall.  Coach Brown, Sorry for letting your security out ; but, everyone should know that you are going to bump all your kids up and have John Beat this Michigander and prove KY kids are better.  Happy you have the little Fahy to go 12.  You are a Genius. 

Have you told anyone about about the three incoming freshman from Iowa that are transferring :wink:  They have to be pretty good considering that Blair and Graham were recruiting them.  OH NO this wasn't a PM its open source. :cry:

The only disappointments that come to my mind are

1) the fact that 7-8 graders in Kentucky, who actually LIVE here, born and raised here, but go to private school feeder programs like St. X and Trinity are NOT allowed to compete with their high schools and

2) if a kentucky high school drops its program on its wrestlers, they can't transfer to other schools without a one year penalty. We penalize our own KY kids all the time, and Hall gets a free pass to show up part time. Sure, it's legal and all. I just think some of these rules should be ironed out a bit.

I agree whole heartedly.  The fact of the matter is that all rules or laws must be reviewed and updated as situations dictate.  These type of rules are made up with good intention but sometimes they fall short of their objectives. 

Truth be told, Given the fact John has already beaten antone worth of his mat  time; he went to coach his younger brother at Middle School Regions,  Fahy, has been secretly training at the Olympic training facility so he can bump up and beat Hall.  Coach Brown, Sorry for letting your security out ; but, everyone should know that you are going to bump all your kids up and have John Beat this Michigander and prove KY kids are better.  Happy you have the little Fahy to go 12.  You are a Genius. 

Have you told anyone about about the three incoming freshman from Iowa that are transferring :wink:  They have to be pretty good considering that Blair and Graham were recruiting them.  OH NO this wasn't a PM its open source. :cry:

then where would myron go? im all for trying to make kentucky look better but that would hurt his team...

then where would myron go? im all for trying to make kentucky look better but that would hurt his team...

Myron will go 125 in place of 9  Tri  Brandon Birk  11

130 will remain Bret Hitchings.

I believe coach Brown is even considering moving Brad Hitchin's up to 189 to beat Ray from Larue to keep them from getting the extra placement points in the head to head battle..

Myron will go 125 in place of 9  Tri  Brandon Birk  11

130 will remain Bret Hitchings.

thats nice of him to kick his buddy of the team and send his other buddy to wrestle oz.

glade im not his friend

thats nice of him to kick his buddy of the team and send his other buddy to wrestle oz.

glade im not his friend

This is about a ring; and why Coach Brown was hired :wink: not  friendships; join the local YMCA if you need a friend.  You have the rest of your life to make friends. :evil:

This is about a ring; and why Coach Brown was hired :wink: not  friendships; join the local YMCA if you need a friend.  You have the rest of your life to make friends. :evil:

your right it would be much easier to win a ring at 119 then a weight he has been dominating

very true just trying to lightin the mood  :-D :-D :-D :mrgreen:

Is that only because you can handle light things? You need to hit the gym and learn how to use spell check. :-D :-D :-D

your right it would be much easier to win a ring at 119 then a weight he has been dominating

That's why Coach Brown was hired to win Championships at Trinity and make tough hard decision, sometimes even hurting Mom's, Dad's feeling about their little wrestler :evil: