Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2009/2010 - December 5

So do I understand this correctly;

If an IN HS team is wrestling in KY and a MS wrestler is wrestling for a KY Team and matches up against an IN wrestler, the IN wrestler is not allowed to wrestle him because he is Middle School aged.

Sounds like all coaches should bring Birth Certificates and Legal counsel to tournaments this season, jk

Correct.

Sorry Dragon Master, Yes you are a real coach. I just have known Coach Brown for quite sometime. You also give validity and much needed respect to our comments on here.  :-)

Ranger, Is there anyway you can put the attached ranking's in a diffent format. Ive notcied that most peoples compters will not read pdf files.

Thanks.

Anyone can download Adobe Reader to open PDF files... it's free and easy to install... I'm sure a lot less people can open Excel files unless they shed out a couple hundred for office.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Sorry Dragon Master, Yes you are a real coach. I just have known Coach Brown for quite sometime. You also give validity and much needed respect to our comments on here.  :-)

No offense taken at all.  I know what you were trying to say.  It's just one of those things that get written down wrong and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a little fun.  I know Coach Brown has a lot credibility and truly knows what he's talking about.  He just doesn't get on this site and post unvalidated facts.  He's a smart guy and real tall too, lol.

No offense taken at all.  I know what you were trying to say.  It's just one of those things that get written down wrong and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a little fun.  I know Coach Brown has a lot credibility and truly knows what he's talking about.  He just doesn't get on this site and post unvalidated facts.  He's a smart guy and real tall too, lol.

I love that, real tall.  Exact opposite of me. :-(

i was proud of region 2 at the oldham dueals, if i remember right 3 of the top 4 teams where from region 2. LaRue co, Central, and John hardin. congrats.

when do the rankings come out each week???? friday, thursday, random??????

I typically try to do Tuesdays or Wednesdays to get some of the weekend results in.  Right now random is probably a better description due to my schedule (work, classes, high school/middle school/elementary practice, christmas preparations).

Just wanted to send a message out to all those who have sent me pms with great info, especially those of you who are good friends of mine.  I apologize, but I haven't had any spare time to respond.  I appreciate all of the feedback and have already made a ton of updates with many more to come after the weekend.

So do I understand this correctly;

If an IN HS team is wrestling in KY and a MS wrestler is wrestling for a KY Team and matches up against an IN wrestler, the IN wrestler is not allowed to wrestle him because he is Middle School aged.

Sounds like all coaches should bring Birth Certificates and Legal counsel to tournaments this season, jk

You do not understand this correctly. Indiana high school wrestlers can go to KY and wrestle against middle school kids. This is copied from the IHSAA by-laws:

Participation Against Teams of Non-Members

Q. 9-3 May an IHSAA member school participate against a non-member school whose team

contains students below grade 9?

A. Yes, so long as the non-member school is not eligible for IHSAA membership or has been

expelled or suspended from membership in the IHSAA. (Rule 9-15) And if the school is from

out of state, the school must be a member in good standing in its state high school athletic

associations and the round-trip mileage shall not exceed 600 miles from the Indiana state line.

(Rules 9-15, 10-1, 10-1.1)

The reason that Indiana schools will not allow KY middle school wrestlers to wrestle against high school wrestlers in Indiana is due to insurance reasons. This is also from the IHSAA by-laws:

9-15

No games in Association recognized sports shall be played with high schools of this state or any other

state that have been suspended from membership in the state association or suspended from participation

in that sport. This rule does not prevent a member of the Association from playing high schools outside of

the state, nor from playing non-high school teams and non-member high school teams within the state,

provided the following is understood:

a. their liability insurance may not cover such contests;

b. the IHSAA cannot and will not sanction such games, nor will they be responsible for crowd control

or any damages, liabilities or injuries growing out of or in any way connected with such events;

c. that any such games shall be included in the maximum number of contests limitation permitted by the

IHSAA;

d. points scored, etc. shall not be kept as part of the official records of the IHSAA; and

e. there shall be no forfeiture fee if all contracts become null and void.