Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

Rock or Rap

Aiight then, it's on.  :evil:

ROCK over RAP.

Rock music is played by REAL people playing REAL instrument, not some drum machine. Rappers don't sing, they rap. I get pumped from hearing people SING, not people just saying stuff in beat with the song. You don't need to be a "musician" to rap. You think most rappers today know what a B# minor scale is? no. But I bet you any rock band worth anything has a guitarist and a bassist who know their theory. Rock is played by talented people and you can feel the emotion behind what they're playing, plus, rock ROCKS!

Maybe you identify with rap, and you identify yourself with the lyrics, but rock is way easier to do that with..

"Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe

Watch Me Crank It

Watch Me Roll

Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy

Then Super Man Dat Hoe

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)"

(Chorus from Crank That)

What? Does that make any sense at all?

WOW man, you really sound like an idiot. Plus I can tell youre whiter than clorox bleach because you just picked "soulja boy" out of A LOT of TALENTED hip hop artist's. Go to the west end and say hip hop takes no talent! Better yet go blair soulja boy and see if you dont get laughed out the hood bruh.

Soulja boy sucks.. hes publicity nothing less.

Listen to real stuff..

Gangstarr,tupac,biggie,dr.dre,snoop dogg,lil boosie,jadakiss,jay-z,d-block.. list go's on.

HAHA cant beleive you just brought up soulja boy.. that made my day. I can definently tell your from south oldam.

Yea soulja boy is shitty. I will admit i like to listen to some rap like easy e, 3 6 mafia, Lil Wyte, eminem but most of the new stuff is garage, i mean straight up trash. 

I mostly listen to older rock and older country

WOW man, you really sound like an idiot. Plus I can tell youre whiter than clorox bleach because you just picked "soulja boy" out of A LOT of TALENTED hip hop artist's. Go to the west end and say hip hop takes no talent! Better yet go blair soulja boy and see if you dont get laughed out the hood bruh.

Listen to real stuff..

Gangstarr,tupac,biggie,dr.dre,snoop dogg,lil boosie,jadakiss,jay-z,d-block.. list go's on.

HAHA cant beleive you just brought up soulja boy.. that made my day. I can definently tell your from south oldam.

Maybe he don't want to go to the hood.  Not everybody does.  Why does eveyone have to be from the hood?  It is no more special than being from the rural areas or the suburbs. It's where you live.  Not everyone wants to be a gansta, grappler of old Jr. don't want to be and I thank god for that.

Listen to real stuff..

dude you come straight out of eastern how hood could you possibly be

dude you come straight out of eastern how hood could you possibly be

WHO went to eastern? What are you talking about? I comuted EVERYDAY my senior year FROM the west end. SO dont speak, if you dont know what you are talking about.

Aint noone claiming to be hood anyway. I simply said go to the west end as far as the shorties gas station, walk up to ANYBODY and tell them that rap takes no talent. I bet you dont. Just sayin.

I stick up for hip hop culture ANY day. Theres no argument. Check the charts. Hip hop is WAY on top. Country is on the bottom.

And yes.. new rap is grabage. Check out old Digable Planets tracks. Theyre sick, and what hip hop was origionally about. Good beats, Breakdancing and graffiti Art culture.

By the way, someone mentioed somthing about it taking no talent in rap because rap uses "beats". I have a cousin, who is going to college for audio, TO MAKE beats, and hes VERY talented at it. Its not as simple as you make it out to be, or anyone could pick up a mic and make a million dollars.

"Sold out seats to hear biggie smalls speak"-RIP

WHO went to eastern? What are you talking about? I comuted EVERYDAY my senior year FROM the west end. SO dont speak, if you dont know what you are talking about.

Aint noone claiming to be hood anyway. I simply said go to the west end as far as the shorties gas station, walk up to ANYBODY and tell them that rap takes no talent. I bet you dont. Just sayin.

I stick up for hip hop culture ANY day. Theres no argument. Check the charts. Hip hop is WAY on top. Country is on the bottom.

And yes.. new rap is grabage. Check out old Digable Planets tracks. Theyre sick, and what hip hop was origionally about. Good beats, Breakdancing and graffiti Art culture.

By the way, someone mentioed somthing about it taking no talent in rap because rap uses "beats". I have a cousin, who is going to college for audio, TO MAKE beats, and hes VERY talented at it. Its not as simple as you make it out to be, or anyone could pick up a mic and make a million dollars.

"Sold out seats to hear biggie smalls speak"-RIP

ohh ok you got me there man what i meant to say was... man u are from southern how hood could you possiblly be the question is again being asked  :-D

and nobody nows where the shorties gas station is just sayin and i didnt say rap takes no talent i think it takes alot of talent and new rap isnt garbage the rapper named tha joker has the best clever lyrics ever in my opinion and hes new

and u are way to obssed with rap because i have no clue why u threw in that last statment whatever that meant  :-D

ohh ok you got me there man what i meant to say was... man u are from southern how hood could you possiblly be the question is again being asked  :-D

and nobody nows where the shorties gas station is just sayin and i didnt say rap takes no talent i think it takes alot of talent and new rap isnt garbage the rapper named tha joker has the best clever lyrics ever in my opinion and hes new

and u are way to obssed with rap because i have no clue why u threw in that last statment whatever that meant  :-D

pat you are 20 calm, down with arguing with high school kids and Travis quit antagonizing it (even though it is a little funny)

pat you are 20 calm, down with arguing with high school kids and Travis quit antagonizing it (even though it is a little funny)

21 sprout..

But uh.. dawg how old is grappler of old? If im too old to be on a forum argueing with high school cats you better mention somthing to him am I right? Im on this forum like once a year, and the ONLY reason ive been getting on here recently is because some fools made some STUPID remarks about an issue they know nothing about. :mrgreen:

As for TRAVIS.. yo ask yourself this, would you really want to wrestle for central after being a TROJAN? come on now.. you want to win state, step in coach latshas dungeon. Not for the weak of Heart.. seizures, or epilepsy. haha

and nobody nows where the shorties gas station is just sayin

Shorty's gas station is on Dixie Highway.. on the border of what Louisvillians consider the start of the West End.

Just saying :-P

Shorty's gas station is on Dixie Highway.. on the border of what Louisvillians consider the start of the West End.

Just saying :-P

WRONG you are again. Shortys gas station is on broadway. Nowhere close to dixie highway, and trust me, its in the hood bruh. Its owed by a guy named "Shorty", and I dont know of any gas station on dixie highway where you have to order everything through a window past 6pm. ha! I wouldnt make shit up. I lived RIGHT in front of it when they made that huge drug bust by my house and 2 cops ran through my front yard with machine guns as I sat there eating my ramen noodles o the porch thinking "WTF"..

I was actually agreeing, 17th street becomes Dixie Highway, last time I checked.  Perhaps I'm thinking of another spot...

Shortys is on broadway. Google map it!

I know one thing DINO'S gas station has the best chicken in the hood! Its the only place in town I know of where you can get dinner,an outfit,an underground hiphop cd, AND some gas.. all in one place. :) haha! And the subs are hittin hard ALL hours of the night.. rockin the one.. AND only genre.. I like to call.. HIP HOP!!!

"Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha

You never thought that hip hop would take it this far

Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight

Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade

Born sinner, the opposite of a winner

Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner

Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri

Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky

I'm blowin' up like you thought I would

Call the crib, same number same hood

It's all good"

-REST IN PEACE BIGGIE

Goodness someone takes themselves or this thread a bit too far.  Ya want to see a hood try LA.  People wouldnt even claim to be what they think is hood if they had ever truly been part of one.  This is KY.  Never heard anyone say man you know those thugs out in Kentucky dont play.  Nah there gettin laughed at as they probably should.  Grow up get serious,  Dawg money loc

PS if this offends you then you are the pretender Im talkin about.

Goodness someone takes themselves or this thread a bit too far.  Ya want to see a hood try LA.  People wouldnt even claim to be what they think is hood if they had ever truly been part of one.  This is KY.  Never heard anyone say man you know those thugs out in Kentucky dont play.  Nah there gettin laughed at as they probably should.  Grow up get serious,  Dawg money loc

Seriously I agree. Louisville's West End is nothing compared to what it could be.

Seriously I agree. Louisville's West End is nothing compared to what it could be.

its kinda funny when people think that louisville is hood try livin in the outskirts of Gary Indiana (back in the late 90's was the murder capital of the USA)

Did you not read the post where I said "im not claiming to be hood" I just lived IN the hood. Ive had family in sheppard square since i was 7 years old, and one of my best friends lived his entire life in clarksdale, so dont tell me somthing you know nothing about, and if you did you would be agreeing with me..

Let me PROVE to you.. why you sound like an idiot..

http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/louisville/clarksdale1.html

^^Clarksdale Projects^^click this link^^

Tore down for a reason, am I right? YES, I AM. Because downtown Louisville was NOTHING BUT housing project's. Along with shepard square. Then you got the west end,Iroqois,park duvalle,etc. The crime rate was high. People didnt go downtown BECAUSE of the projects. So how the hell are you going to say louisville is being laughed at when we are one of the top cities with the most housing projects?

Why your on the subject of LA.. im living in the westcoast right now. HAve you even BEEN to LA or you just going by what you see on tv?

Like I said before. DONT ARGUE SOMTHING if you dont know what youre talking about.

Did you not read the post where I said "im not claiming to be hood" I just lived IN the hood. Ive had family in sheppard square since i was 7 years old, and one of my best friends lived his entire life in clarksdale, so dont tell me somthing you know nothing about, and if you did you would be agreeing with me..

Let me PROVE to you.. why you sound like an idiot..

http://www.angelfire.com/nv2/louisville/clarksdale1.html

^^Clarksdale Projects^^click this link^^

Tore down for a reason, am I right? YES, I AM. Because downtown Louisville was NOTHING BUT housing project's. Along with shepard square. Then you got the west end,Iroqois,park duvalle,etc. The crime rate was high. People didnt go downtown BECAUSE of the projects. So how the hell are you going to say louisville is being laughed at when we are one of the top cities with the most housing projects?

Why your on the subject of LA.. im living in the westcoast right now. HAve you even BEEN to LA or you just going by what you see on tv?

Like I said before. DONT ARGUE SOMTHING if you dont know what youre talking about.

I could care less about the Rap/Rock argument- but I have to take issue with this 21 yr old kid.

Take your own advice, don't argue something that you don't know about.  I live in Iroquois, have for a long time.  I resent the fact you say it's "hood".  Just because you have "a friend" that lived in the projects.  I don't care what family you have in SS, you don't live their now, and you obviously didn't live their long enough to see people being people.

Grow up.

My home isn't hood.  My home is a neighborhood of people that are trying to make it like the rest of us.  It's working class people, some lower end socioeconomically, some middle of the road who are just trying to make it.  

It's kids like you that perpetuate the negative stereotypes about my neighborhood.  Me and my neighbors don't shine to folks like you.  Stop pretending that we're something we're not.  We're people, don't dehumanize us because you think it makes you sound tough.  It doesn't, it makes you sound silly and uninformed.  We're not a rap song, or a biggie lyric, we're people just being people.  You try to sound so cool about how you can get a fit, a meal, and some underground CD's.... stop it.  You sound like a petty little braggert riding on the coatails of people you know NOTHING about.  

You harp on the negatives, and what makes you sound "Cool".  Get over it and grow up.

I could care less about the Rap/Rock argument- but I have to take issue with this 21 yr old kid.

Take your own advice, don't argue something that you don't know about.  I live in Iroquois, have for a long time.  I resent the fact you say it's "hood".  Just because you have "a friend" that lived in the projects.  I don't care what family you have in SS, you don't live their now, and you obviously didn't live their long enough to see people being people.

Grow up.

My home isn't hood.  My home is a neighborhood of people that are trying to make it like the rest of us.  It's working class people, some lower end socioeconomically, some middle of the road who are just trying to make it. 

It's kids like you that perpetuate the negative stereotypes about my neighborhood.  Me and my neighbors don't shine to folks like you.  Stop pretending that we're something we're not.  We're people, don't dehumanize us because you think it makes you sound tough.  It doesn't, it makes you sound silly and uninformed.  We're not a rap song, or a biggie lyric, we're people just being people.  You try to sound so cool about how you can get a fit, a meal, and some underground CD's.... stop it.  You sound like a petty little braggert riding on the coatails of people you know NOTHING about. 

You harp on the negatives, and what makes you sound "Cool".  Get over it and grow up.

Thank YOU! I completely agree with this post. I hate this attitude that the West End is such a bad area. Louisville is a pretty safe city and thats one of the things I love about living here.

Thank YOU! I completely agree with this post. I hate this attitude that the West End is such a bad area. Louisville is a pretty safe city and thats one of the things I love about living here.

NP, normally I'm not one to post on such arguements, but honestly I won't have someone deride my community.  I like where I live.  I love my neighbors.  We work hard to raise our children right and better our community.