Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

Rock or Rap

I guess head bang stuff gets your blood pumpin if your one of those skinny aggresive lil boogers that die their hair black and wear their sisters eye-liner. Guess its not as bad as that awful teenage girl music like good charolette or whatever. Those dudes wear more make up than my mother, and the music sounds like whiney bullcrap.

I guess head bang stuff gets your blood pumpin if your one of those skinny aggresive lil boogers that die their hair black and wear their sisters eye-liner. Guess its not as bad as that awful teenage girl music like good charolette or whatever. Those dudes wear more make up than my mother, and the music sounds like whiney bullcrap.

Metal is NOT for skinny dudes who wear eyeliner.  :x That's what Good Charlotte is for.

How do you get pumped up from rap?

If you can get pumped up by someone talking to you then let your coach yell at you before the match.  :-D

While I usually agree with you, this time...not so much.  Music is personal and while rap may seem like "talking" to you, those words sometimes can be extreme motivation.  And compared to the personal tinge of coach talk, the abstract wording of a rap artist can be profound.  My high school coach was Walt Underwood (RIP), and while a superb motivator, it wasn't quite the same as listening to T.I.'s "Motivation" or any of a number of songs, regardless of musical genre.

How do you get pumped up from rap?

If you can get pumped up by someone talking to you then let your coach yell at you before the match.  :-D

First of all, rap music today, is blowing away EVERY genre there is,check your music charts. There's no argument there. AND!! rap takes skill, its not just someone talking, so dont make a statement unless you know what youre talking about. Theres diffrent styles, not all of it is gang realted. Its a new generation, times are changing. Accept rap or not.. hip hop and graffiti culture isnt going anywhere. Word to that..

Yo dont get me wrong. I love classic. Blind Melon,Guns n roses,soundgarden. I actually just seen Pearl Jam and Ben harpor out here in seattle a few weekends ago. Best show of my life.

This videos for you Grappla..

For pearl jam fans.. heres eddie vedder drunk holdin himself up with the mic stand at the concert.. totally awesome! The ends intence!

GO TROJANS!

Hey I can't help what the new generation is being forced to listen to.  It's one of the 2 forms of music I can't stand to listen to.

I still would argue that it is easier to rap than to actually sing.  Give someone the words and it's much easier to rap than to sing a song.

And please don't give me this "it's harder to free style."  Once a rap singer makes it big he or she has someone else write their lyrics, just the same as a rock star or country music star.

As my name suggests I'm an old school kind of guy and I'll never like rap rather it is gangster rap or Jesus rap.  To me it's all C'rap.

This is the opinion of GOO.

Take it or leave it. 

Hey I can't help what the new generation is being forced to listen to.  It's one of the 2 forms of music I can't stand to listen to.

I still would argue that it is easier to rap than to actually sing.  Give someone the words and it's much easier to rap than to sing a song.

And please don't give me this "it's harder to free style."  Once a rap singer makes it big he or she has someone else write their lyrics, just the same as a rock star or country music star.

As my name suggests I'm an old school kind of guy and I'll never like rap rather it is gangster rap or Jesus rap.  To me it's all C'rap.

This is the opinion of GOO.

Take it or leave it. 

HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!

Dude.. eminem went from the hood of detroit to a millionaire, and ALWAYS writes his own music. Biggie smalls, from the hood, wrote about his life as did tupac. NOBODY wrote their stuff for them, i cant beleive you just said that. RAP is actually KNOWN for writing your own music and collaborating with others.

Rappers are hated, because they speak of REAL LIFE, not fantasy love worlds that donot exsist. Most rappers have made it from nothing to having whatever they want. They made it from the hood to the life they dreamed of.

Listen to tupac, he writes about real life, and you can feel the emotion in his voice, and theirs ALWAYS a message. Same with biggie.

"birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty"- biggie

"Uh, Damn right I like the life I live, cause I went from negitive to possitive, and its all good"-Biggie

No talent to rap eh?..

Yo give a sheet of lyrics to miley cyrus as hot as she is, and her stuff will come out whack. Give the same lyrics to lil wayne and youll be bobbin your head. It takes talent to spit out lyrics to sound right. Lyrics can be complicated, and tongue binding. It takes skill.

HIP_HOP GRAFFITI CULTURE LIVES!!!! GET USED TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!

Dude.. eminem went from the hood of detroit to a millionaire, and ALWAYS writes his own music. Biggie smalls, from the hood, wrote about his life as did tupac. NOBODY wrote their stuff for them, i cant beleive you just said that. RAP is actually KNOWN for writing your own music and collaborating with others.

Rappers are hated, because they speak of REAL LIFE, not fantasy love worlds that donot exsist. Most rappers have made it from nothing to having whatever they want. They made it from the hood to the life they dreamed of.

Listen to tupac, he writes about real life, and you can feel the emotion in his voice, and theirs ALWAYS a message. Same with biggie.

"birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty"- biggie

"Uh, Damn right I like the life I live, cause I went from negitive to possitive, and its all good"-Biggie

No talent to rap eh?..

Yo give a sheet of lyrics to miley cyrus as hot as she is, and her stuff will come out whack. Give the same lyrics to lil wayne and youll be bobbin your head. It takes talent to spit out lyrics to sound right. Lyrics can be complicated, and tongue binding. It takes skill.

HIP_HOP GRAFFITI CULTURE LIVES!!!! GET USED TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he's tryin to start an argument dude. He's just admitting he's not going to understand it and doesn't really feel like trying. I say whatever floats your boat, i just don't feel like watching this go back and forth for the next page and a half...

I don't think he's tryin to start an argument dude. He's just admitting he's not going to understand it and doesn't really feel like trying. I say whatever floats your boat, i just don't feel like watching this go back and forth for the next page and a half...

Then dont click on the "rock or rap" thread then. I did read the name of this thread correctly right? and i'm argueing "rock or rap". He knows its nothing against HIM im just making a point and saying RAP over ROCK :-D

I actually have a reason to believe it is easier.  A few of the "HOOD" kids challenged me 2 years ago.  They gave me some lyrics (don't ask me which ones I forgot, mostly because I didn't care), I studies them for a week, then they set up some "Beats" and I rapped them. 

According to them it was not bad at all.  Does that mean I should become a rapper? 

Molly Cyrus?? Isn't that the girl who plays Hannah Montana on TV?  I guess if I had to pick between her and biggie smalls or smallie bigs I may have to pick rap also.  I would turn them both off.

I personally prefer a little OZZY or Iron Maiden, with a splash of old school Matalica, and a side order of Black Sabbath.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :-D

SOWrestler---I knew my comment would spark a flame in someone.  I'm just trying to have some fun on here until the true season starts up and we have something real to talk about. 

I actually have a reason to believe it is easier.  A few of the "HOOD" kids challenged me 2 years ago.  They gave me some lyrics (don't ask me which ones I forgot, mostly because I didn't care), I studies them for a week, then they set up some "Beats" and I rapped them. 

According to them it was not bad at all.  Does that mean I should become a rapper? 

Molly Cyrus?? Isn't that the girl who plays Hannah Montana on TV?  I guess if I had to pick between her and biggie smalls or smallie bigs I may have to pick rap also.  I would turn them both off.

I personally prefer a little OZZY or Iron Maiden, with a splash of old school Matalica, and a side order of Black Sabbath.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :-D

SOWrestler---I knew my comment would spark a flame in someone.  I'm just trying to have some fun on here until the true season starts up and we have something real to talk about. 

Yeah, Ozzy is ALWAYS good. No argument there. If were comparing music to fast food.. which would make a great thread for wrestlers by the way.. id have to order a Biggie sized Guns n roses,A side of aerosmith,and 2 for a a Dollar Miley cyrus(She makes one hell of an apple pie if ya get what im sayin)!

Besides that the colts are 7-0. That has nothing to do with anything I just thought id point out random facts worth knowing.

Then dont click on the "rock or rap" thread then. I did read the name of this thread correctly right? and i'm argueing "rock or rap". He knows its nothing against HIM im just making a point and saying RAP over ROCK :-D

Aiight then, it's on.  :evil:

ROCK over RAP.

Rock music is played by REAL people playing REAL instrument, not some drum machine. Rappers don't sing, they rap. I get pumped from hearing people SING, not people just saying stuff in beat with the song. You don't need to be a "musician" to rap. You think most rappers today know what a B# minor scale is? no. But I bet you any rock band worth anything has a guitarist and a bassist who know their theory. Rock is played by talented people and you can feel the emotion behind what they're playing, plus, rock ROCKS!

Maybe you identify with rap, and you identify yourself with the lyrics, but rock is way easier to do that with..

"Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe

Watch Me Crank It

Watch Me Roll

Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy

Then Super Man Dat Hoe

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now Watch Me Do