Sign in to follow this  
Rob Boston

Woodford county wrestling reunion

WOODFORD CO. WRESTLING REUNION

Due to the level of interest in organizing a reunion for persons associated with the Woodford County Wrestling Program, I have been doing some research and have put together the attached questionnaire to get things underway for a reunion event. I've done a great deal of talking or corresponding (on face book, email and phone) with folks formerly associated with the wrestling program and think we might be able to put this together and pull it off. What I need from each of you is to complete the attached questionnaire and return it to me. Then, I need you to furnish me with as many contacts as you possibly can. I'm willing to work on this but you guys have to help me out. It's been fun reconnecting with some folks so I really look forward to a big event. Help me out guys. See questionnaire below and please send it to me asap.

Thanks again,

Rob Boston 

WOODFORD CO. WRESTLING REUNION Questionnaire

1. Are you interested in participating in a reunion event for former members of the Woodford County Wrestling program? Yes _____ No _____

2. If interested, would you be more likely to attend an event in December 25 2009 and the WCI, or April 2010 event? Dec_____ April _____

3. If interested, would you have family members and/or guests who would be interested in attending the reunion event with you? Yes _____ No _____

4. What type of event most interests you for a reunion activity (choose all that apply)?

a. Formal dinner/dance

b. Casual dinner with music and/or recreation

c. Picnic/barbecue casual event

d. Day at Keeneland or other fall or spring sports activity (i.e. football or baseball game)

e. Other (please be specific)

5. Do you prefer a casual or formal event or both?

6. Would you be willing to serve on a planning committee for this event?

7. Would cost considerations be a factor in you attendance?  If so, please submit your ideas of how to make this a memorable event affordable to all.

8. Are you in touch with or do you have contact information for former participants in the Woodford County wrestling program?  If so, please provide information below:

9. Please provide any additional comments:

Name: __________________________________ Phone: _______________________________

Address: ______________________________________________________________________

Email and/or alternate contact info: ________________________________________________

In the short, but distinguished, history of the Woodford County Wrestling Program, much success was achieved athletically.  More important, the bonds developed by the participants in this program live today and are a testament to those who were a part of it.  Hope you can join us to celebrate, reacquaint, and take a trip down memory lane.

GO YELLOWJACKET!

Return to:  Rob Boston, Email; rboston@createc.com

Sorry Rob, Coach Brown and I are friends but I'm not a Trinity alum. You go to go further south and west to find my hometown. And do you honestly tink Coach Brown is paying his wrestlers. Must of missed that thread.  :-D

Nope no gray for me. :-D

I thought for sure GOO would have picked up on all of your hints in the past.  Let's go with the baby blue.  It would probably fit in better than my maroon, but not much better.

I know who Rider is I just got the colors mixed up. I'm old and a little color blind.  :-D

As Rider proved (No 5 timers in KY) :-P I made this call before it happened. (I don't care if most don't believe me, and those around at the time claim they don't remember)

Hey now Ranger, don't go picking on my blue.  :-D Did you happen to get an nvite to the reunion?  :lol:

No invites for me, although I'm sure more than a couple of the old Woodford boys would like to have me around and beat me to a pulp for entertainment.  Hey, I'm not making fun of the color at all.  That baby blue has performed pretty well under the lights when it counts; unfortunately much more than my maroon boys.

Dont sell yourself short. You just had some crappy luck on your side. Now you coach these boys how to perform under those lights. Although it may be with a different color. :-)

im excited, i might actually get to meet some of the greats....again haha. i think the khsaa should put on a state champ reunion, and have the stare champs that are still kicking meet together.

That would be nice 10. Or maybe a dinner before the state tourney or before championships night. We could all donate money to maybe got to some scholarships that could go out to deserving Kentucky wrestlers. I would like that idea very much, might even boost enthusiasm for our sport in the state if kids knew they could get something rewarding at the end.