Sign in to follow this  
CKOLAT

KOLAT.COM VS DVD'S

DVD's vs. Kolat.com

I recently had a conversation with a coach and he explained that he loved my site and tuned in for the live clinics every week but wasn't a member of the site.  He explained that he loved his DVD collection and that he liked the idea that if he needed to go back to review he could pop the DVD into the player and find the technique he was looking for.  He also explained buying a membership to Kolat.com each year was not within his budget.

This is about the evolution of coaching and getting people to look at the value of how Kolat.com will not only make teaching/learning technique easier but also save you time and money if these are concerns of yours.  Time should be the number one priority to all of us in our lives because it can not be replaced.  After talking with him I figured out that it took him about 5-10 minutes to find a technique on DVD if he needed to find something.  He would have to find the DVD, get to the DVD player, watch the standard copyright protection notice, hit play, and then skim through the chapters until he found the move he wanted to teach that day.  After explaining that if he was sitting near a computer at home, work, or just about anywhere,  he could dropped the name of the move or a description of the move into our search function and found the technique on the spot.  He could also save the techniques in the my practice section for review later, if he wanted to watch that DVD again the next day to review again he was gonna have to go through the same procedure.  Kolat.com will save you time and that is what is important when preparing for practice.

Next, money is another important issue and when you're reaching into your pockets you want to spend it on something useful,  especially right now with what is going on in the global economy.  The coach explained that he had about 44 DVD's in his collection covering technique across the board and he loves his collection.  I asked him the following questions:

1.  What do you think the avg. cost was per DVD as you built that library over time (keeping in mind that the cost has increased over time)  $40.00

2.  Did you pay for shipping of those DVD's?  Yes, probably $8.95 per dvd.

2.  What is the avg. number of techniques on each DVD if we combined all of them?  He said 20 to 25 so I split the difference:  23

After receiving the information,  this is the cost breakdown:

Cost per DVD:                        $40.00                                Kolat.com 1 yr. Membership:  $159.95

Shipping:                                $8.95                                  Shipping:                                $0.00

Cost Per Technique he paid:  $1.91  (1012 techniques)  Cost Per Technique:                $0.11    (1350 currently)                           

His Total Collection Cost:      $2153.80                                 

As you can see, he could purchase 13 years on Kolat.com for the time and money he put into this collection. And remember our site in constantly adding new techniques from solid coaches and athletes which keeps the site current.  Particularly pertaining to this coach, he still would have to purchase an additional 14 DVD's to his current collection of 44 to catch the Kolat.com library.

Now that I got him past the cost and the ownership of the material he needed to see past the cost and realize the real value of Kolat.com vs. his DVD collection:

* His DVD collection gets older every year and Kolat.com grows every month. How many products do you own that truly get better with time?

* Technique evolves:  Kolat.com has the capability of evolving with the sport.

* He did not get to email, call, or contact the clinician on the DVD before they began making it asking him to add this or that.  Kolat.com is about giving members the technique they are looking for this site is tailored to fit the needs of our members.

* Live clinics each week because you are a member and you can request what is covered and ask questions.

* Ability to search the content and save yourself TIME

* Ability to save workouts and plan out training techniques for the week per our feature "my practice"

* Ownership, Kolat.com gives you more ownership than you know with all of the above we just don't sit on your shelf collecting dust.

Everything changes and it's about being better, faster, smarter, and the ability to quickly adapt to stay ahead of the competition.  Years ago,  you would not enter a wrestling room and expect to see wrestlers using rubber bands for weight training, throwing heavy balls against the wall, jumping from box to box to build speed but now this is normal everyday training.

Kolat.com is the first site to take us in a new direction of how we improve technically and because of that fact I'm proud that we were the first and the best!