Sign in to follow this  

Rick Pitino to NBA

On ESPN this morning it said that Rick Pitino may have an interest in coaching the Sacramento Kings. The story was reported by Yahoo Sports. Louisville's AD replied and said that it was news to him, and that he is confident Pitino will stay where hes at. The Sacramento Kings deny that they have even spoken with Pitino. Why would he want to leave a school that is on the verge of being a basketball dynasty to go to a dwindling program that has been in the shadow of their big brother L.A. Lakers. Pitino has coached two NBA teams already, Knicks and Celtics, and didn't fare well. Maybe he has the itch to prove that he can coach at any level? I know that if he leaves UofL, it will be devastating to Louisville and UofL fans.

Ok. After doing a little research. Pitino has stated that he won't be going anywhere, he's staying at UofL.

But thats a whole different story, why would he leave one college for a worse off college? Its different to try your hand at the pros. He has already done that twice though. Which is probably why hes staying.

But thats a whole different story, why would he leave one college for a worse off college? Its different to try your hand at the pros. He has already done that twice though. Which is probably why hes staying.

honestly though i don't think he needs any more money. the Cards keep him pretty well fed. if he went to the pros it would to me almost seem like just a project.

Yeah. Its like Pete Carroll and USC football. He is great in college but the Pros is a whole other subject. I think Pete Carrol coached the Tampa Bay Bucs for a year and went like 4-12. In college its about getting recruits and being able to talk to players all over the nation and convince them to come to your school. Then how do they develop. In the Pros, everyone is good. Everyone there was the best player on his or her team in high school and probably college. Its all about getting your players to play to their best potential in the Pros.

Yeah. Its like Pete Carroll and USC football. He is great in college but the Pros is a whole other subject. I think Pete Carrol coached the Tampa Bay Bucs for a year and went like 4-12. In college its about getting recruits and being able to talk to players all over the nation and convince them to come to your school. Then how do they develop. In the Pros, everyone is good. Everyone there was the best player on his or her team in high school and probably college. Its all about getting your players to play to their best potential in the Pros.

Also you have to be involved with the pro level more to suceed. You have to always always always be watching and gaining experience and when you are coaching college and around college level you don't have time to be around the pro level you know?

Also you have to be involved with the pro level more to suceed. You have to always always always be watching and gaining experience and when you are coaching college and around college level you don't have time to be around the pro level you know?

Right. Good point.