Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

SEC Football

The NBA is sick of having stupid people be the ones that the whole world sees. The Kobe Bryant's, Dwight Howard's, and Amare Stoudemire's. Are they great players? Yes. Would playing in College have benefited them? Greatly. It would make their game better, and make USA smarter.

The NBA should make it a rule that players must have two years in college before they are eligible for the NBA draft. With the 1 year rule now, kids go for the basketball season, and drop out after the season. Not very attractive. And I also think that they should request that the Europe League doesn't take any high school kids. Jeremy Tyler, a high school junior commited to UofL, has decided to not attend UofL, drop out of high school after his junior year, and go play in the European League. That is insanely ridiculous.

There aint no cure for stupid, these guys are just born that way.  1, 2, or 6 years of college won't fix that for some.  The NBA used to have a rule that you had to go to college for 4 years.  This rule has been fought over in the courts a couple of times.  Besides that, the Europe league loves to get their hands on top recruits before they go to college.  If the nba becomes more strict on this you will see more guys who are nba ready H.S. seniors like Greg Oden go straight to Europe. 

Hey, im from the hood. What can I say? You pick up some terminology along the way.

your not from the hood in anyway shape or form. you wouldn't be able to tell the hood from main st. there is no KY wrestler from the hood, im sorry to disappoint anyone.

your not from the hood in anyway shape or form. you wouldn't be able to tell the hood from main st. there is no KY wrestler from the hood, im sorry to disappoint anyone.

Really? Im glad you know where I have lived my whole life. I guess Sheperd's Square isn't the hood? Ok. Enough said. I don't know where some Woodford Co. kid gets off telling me where im from.

There aint no cure for stupid, these guys are just born that way.  1, 2, or 6 years of college won't fix that for some.  The NBA used to have a rule that you had to go to college for 4 years.  This rule has been fought over in the courts a couple of times.  Besides that, the Europe league loves to get their hands on top recruits before they go to college.  If the nba becomes more strict on this you will see more guys who are nba ready H.S. seniors like Greg Oden go straight to Europe. 

Its funny you should bring up Greg Oden, because I think that he still is not NBA ready. This should be his Junior year in College. How much has he produced in the NBA? With a 7 foot 280 pound body, you should be the MVP. But he is too soft, too injury prone. I can't stand Greg Oden.

rivals.com

Ok, your right I see it. But I usually go by ESPNU standards and they are saying UNC.

Greg Oden will be a star in the NBA very soon, another year or 2 in college wasn't going to benefit him as much as getting nba experience.  Another couple of years of dominating college competition would have been like JJ Jude wrestling a few more years of middle school competition.  He's where he needs to be in my opinion.

Greg Oden will be a star in the NBA very soon, another year or 2 in college wasn't going to benefit him as much as getting nba experience.  Another couple of years of dominating college competition would have been like JJ Jude wrestling a few more years of middle school competition.  He's where he needs to be in my opinion.

No. He can't stay healthy, only time will tell though. He is so soft, and it makes me mad. He will go down as one of the biggest busts ever in my opinion. Plus I hate Ohio State.

No. He can't stay healthy, only time will tell though. He is so soft, and it makes me mad. He will go down as one of the biggest busts ever in my opinion. Plus I hate Ohio State.

Finally something you and I can agree on.  I hate Ohio State as well.  But I do think Oden will be a force.  He sat out 1 year with an injury so he was a little rusty.  He didn't do all that bad either, something like 8 pts a game and 8 rebounds I think.  No he's not Kobe or Shaq yet, but he'll be good.

Finally something you and I can agree on.  I hate Ohio State as well.  But I do think Oden will be a force.  He sat out 1 year with an injury so he was a little rusty.  He didn't do all that bad either, something like 8 pts a game and 8 rebounds I think.  No he's not Kobe or Shaq yet, but he'll be good.

8.9 ppg and 7.0 rpg in 61 career games, 39 career starts. Averaging 21.9 Minutes per game, to me 7 feet tall, 285 pounds, that is a bust for a #1 overall draft pick. I can't stand Greg Oden.

Really? Im glad you know where I have lived my whole life. I guess Sheperd's Square isn't the hood? Ok. Enough said. I don't know where some Woodford Co. kid gets off telling me where im from.

yea shepards square isn't "the hood" nowhere in ky is the hood, if thats the hood than Simmons St is east chicago. and why is that something to be preoud of ??? yea im from the hood i rob and kill in drivebys. i pimp the hoes and keep the drugs on the low. if your from the hood than im OG Mack(creator of the Eastcoast bloods) himselfcall me my name not wofo kid.

yea shepards square isn't "the hood" nowhere in ky is the hood, if thats the hood than Simmons St is east chicago. and why is that something to be preoud of ??? yea im from the hood i rob and kill in drivebys. i pimp the hoes and keep the drugs on the low. if your from the hood than im OG Mack(creator of the Eastcoast bloods) himselfcall me my name not wofo kid.

Let me start this by saying, I am in no way upset or trying to claim things that I am not a part of right now. But:

I get mad when people disagree with me about my background. I can almost guarantee that you have never been to Sheperd's Square. Its not something to be proud of. Why would I be proud of seeing my father abuse my mother, and blow all of our family's money on drugs, therefore our only option of living being a housing project. In my post where I said "Im from the hood" it merely to try to help people understand where I got some of my terminology from.

So I apologize for getting upset before, and it doesn't even matter to me now. My past is irrelevant, nobody really cares about it. Everyone has some kind of bad upbringing now a days it seems like.

To get somewhat back on topic; while checking out ESPNU today, I noticed that John Wall (#1 PG in the Nation) has changed his list of schools from #1.Duke #2.Baylor #3.UK to #1.UK #2.Miami.

With the the possible acquisition of the #1 PG in the nation we would definitely be even more of a force to deal with next year.

Let me start this by saying, I am in no way upset or trying to claim things that I am not a part of right now. But:

I get mad when people disagree with me about my background. I can almost guarantee that you have never been to Sheperd's Square. Its not something to be proud of. Why would I be proud of seeing my father abuse my mother, and blow all of our family's money on drugs, therefore our only option of living being a housing project. In my post where I said "Im from the hood" it merely to try to help people understand where I got some of my terminology from.

So I apologize for getting upset before, and it doesn't even matter to me now. My past is irrelevant, nobody really cares about it. Everyone has some kind of bad upbringing now a days it seems like.

ok your right alex im sorry, i didn't mean to hurt your feelings. but i have been to a place called sheperd' square its outside of l'ville red brick apartments, with the white and green sign in the median where u pull in that says shepard's square. same place im thinking of? im not sayng it has to be, because i mean how many villages are there, how many commons, or south hills, or colonies?? lots theres prolly 100 shepard's square in kentucky.

ok your right alex im sorry, i didn't mean to hurt your feelings. but i have been to a place called sheperd' square its outside of l'ville red brick apartments, with the white and green sign in the median where u pull in that says shepard's square. same place im thinking of? im not sayng it has to be, because i mean how many villages are there, how many commons, or south hills, or colonies?? lots theres prolly 100 shepard's square in kentucky.

Nah bro. Not the same place, the one im talking about is in the heart of downtown Louisville.

Nah bro. Not the same place, the one im talking about is in the heart of downtown Louisville.

ohh well im sorry for assuming, but like i said theres like 100 sheaperd's square. theres two in louisville though? i could of sworn that it was the same place, cuz this place would fit the profile of "hood" from the perspective of a kentucky boy. haha

ohh well im sorry for assuming, but like i said theres like 100 sheaperd's square. theres two in louisville though? i could of sworn that it was the same place, cuz this place would fit the profile of "hood" from the perspective of a kentucky boy. haha

Its all good. I checked out the pre-season top 25 in football earlier today. Ole Miss is ranked #7 in the nation. WOW. Is all I can say, its well deserved, but I don't think that they will live up to the spot.

JOHN WALL IS A WILDCAT.

I just found that out on scout.com!!

this has to be one of the best recruiting classes kentucky has ever had.

its a pretty bold statment and a little early but kentucky could be in the running for a national title next year.

I just found that out on scout.com!!

this has to be one of the best recruiting classes kentucky has ever had.

its a pretty bold statment and a little early but kentucky could be in the running for a national title next year.

yea to hell with duke and miami,  he's a cat now, its over.

It's not even 12 hours since the original John Wall-to-Kentucky story broke, and already we have a new consensus favorite to win the 2009-10 national title: the Kentucky Wildcats.

Wall is that good. He tips the scales that much. But, in the words of the dude on "Reading Rainbow," you don't have to take my word for it. Pretty much everyone seems to agree, starting with Fox Sports' Jeff Goodman, who did a quick re-boot of his early preseason Top 25 rankings so as to include Kentucky at the top:

Just think about this: Two fringe McDonald's All-Americans -- Daniel Orton and Eric Bledsoe -- will be role players who probably won't see the floor with the game on the line. Wall and Meeks in the backcourt with a big man trio of Patterson and heralded freshmen bigs DeMarcus Cousins and Orton make this group the deepest and most talented in the nation.

Dan Shanoff, noted Florida fan, is also jumping on the bandwagon:

Why? Because UK reportedly just got super-prospect John Wall, who instantly becomes the best player in college basketball. Wall isn't just a lock as the No. 1 overall pick of the 2010 NBA Draft -- he could have been in the mix for the No. 1 pick THIS year. But it's not just Wall. It's the return of Patrick Patterson, the best post player in the country. It's the collection of a recruiting class that was arguably No. 1 in the country BEFORE Wall joined.

It goes on. Rush the Court says "with all due respect ... that looks like the No. 1 lineup to us."

Chris Littman at The Sporting Blog headlines: "UK Adds John Wall; NCAA Cancels Season." FanHouse says "expectations go up to 11." And I agree. How could you not? Most of the aforementioned quotes hedge on Jodie Meeks' return, but even if Meeks stays home, Calipari just added the No. 1 overall recruit -- a player capable of this -- to what was already the country's best recruiting class. Throw that in with Patrick Patterson's return, and even if Meeks decides to stay in the draft, Kentucky is a top five team, easily. Those recruits are that good. And if we've learned anything in the one-and-done era, it's that inexperience doesn't matter as much as we might think. Truly special players are special at any age.

You might say that Kentucky's biggest prospective weakness is also its architect: Calipari. The challenge now involves working all this talent -- the dynamic between Bledsoe and Wall will be especially interesting -- into team that won't only dominate its conference rivals but that is built for the postseason, too. Calipari's put this monstrosity of a team together. Now he has to actually coach it. I believe you can put that in the "good problems" file.

Sorry for my inactivity on here the last couple of days. But;

Kentucky is going to be SICK. I can't even express how stoked I am for the upcoming season. I knew John Wall was going to come to UK, but you just don't understand how it feels to see your team land 3 of the best players in the nation until it happens. This is amazing.

Sorry for my inactivity on here the last couple of days. But;

Kentucky is going to be SICK. I can't even express how stoked I am for the upcoming season. I knew John Wall was going to come to UK, but you just don't understand how it feels to see your team land 3 of the best players in the nation until it happens. This is amazing.

yea too bad i never really follow the basketball that much cuz it runs along wrestling season, but im sure that i'll be tuned in this year

Everyone in the nation is going to be following UK's season. We have a legitimate shot at going from NIT losers to National Champions. This is remarkable.