Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

SEC Football

They're always like, "lets talk basketball" when I mention football, then im like ok lets talk basketball, no school in the world has more wins than UK and only one school has more championships. Then they'll be like what have you all done lately? And i'll say what have you all done? They're quick to reply with a final four in 05. They live in the past. They're so ecstatic about they're orange bowl victory like 3 years ago.

They're always like, "lets talk basketball" when I mention football, then im like ok lets talk basketball, no school in the world has more wins than UK and only one school has more championships. Then they'll be like what have you all done lately? And i'll say what have you all done? They're quick to reply with a final four in 05. They live in the past. They're so ecstatic about they're orange bowl victory like 3 years ago.

i know there full of themselves. but next years basketball season will be nuts also, were going to kill louisville.

i know there full of themselves. but next years basketball season will be nuts also, were going to kill louisville.

Definitely. I cant wait to see how the next 4 years play out for UK basketball. Coach Cal should be great.

Definitely. I cant wait to see how the next 4 years play out for UK basketball. Coach Cal should be great.

# one recruiting class in the nation can only mean one thing, best team in the nation.

# one recruiting class in the nation can only mean one thing, best team in the nation.

def not true go back to the fab 5 at michigan with Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson best recruiting class maybe ever number of NCAA championships=0

def not true go back to the fab 5 at michigan with Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Ray Jackson best recruiting class maybe ever number of NCAA championships=0

Then I guess there was one more class that was better recruited than they were.  :-P Kentucky has always had tradition of picking up some of the best college basketball players, especially during the Petino era. Smith also had some very good recruits. I think Coach Cal will carry on that tradition and not only take control of the SEC again but the nation as well.

Then I guess there was one more class that was better recruited than they were.  :-P Kentucky has always had tradition of picking up some of the best college basketball players, especially during the Petino era. Smith also had some very good recruits. I think Coach Cal will carry on that tradition and not only take control of the SEC again but the nation as well.

UK 2004 Class was prety good..but didnt pan out...Rajon Rondo..Joe Crawford....Randolph Morris all Five Stars..Patrick Sparks Ramel Bradley...Four stars

Please don't try to have this discussion with me. They made it to the championship game, and Chris Webber blew it hardcore. Thats the difference between UK basketball and Michigan basketball. At UK our players are taught poise, and game control.

BTW; Nobody minds that this subject has switched from football to basketball do they? This subject being in General Discussion I assume not, but just to make sure.

Please don't try to have this discussion with me. They made it to the championship game, and Chris Webber blew it hardcore. Thats the difference between UK basketball and Michigan basketball. At UK our players are taught poise, and game control.

I am a UK fan but can you seriously be taught the poise of if you dont do well one game or another that you may become public enemy #1.. Seriously i may dislike michael porter as the other guy but did he deserved to get booed off the court in like the last home game because he had a bad season... i think that only time will tell and Kentucky needs these "off" yrs to get back on top.

I am a UK fan but can you seriously be taught the poise of if you dont do well one game or another that you may become public enemy #1.. Seriously i may dislike michael porter as the other guy but did he deserved to get booed off the court in like the last home game because he had a bad season... i think that only time will tell and Kentucky needs these "off" yrs to get back on top.

Michael Porter deserved much worse than to get booed off the court. I hope he gets hit by an airplane or something. Seriously, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he can't drive, he can't manage the game, he has no basketball intelligence. He is awful. Im soooo glad that he isn't coming back next year. That helps UK with the scholarship situation. UK will be back on top very soon. I can almost guarantee it. Recruits just flock to Calipari.

I bought a new T-Shirt today in the mall; it says "Envy our Past, Fear our Future, The John Calipari Era Is Here!" in UK Blue. Pretty bad.

Michael Porter deserved much worse than to get booed off the court. I hope he gets hit by an airplane or something. Seriously, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he can't drive, he can't manage the game, he has no basketball intelligence. He is awful. Im soooo glad that he isn't coming back next year. That helps UK with the scholarship situation. UK will be back on top very soon. I can almost guarantee it. Recruits just flock to Calipari.

Well just saying i bet he has more talent and athleticism than you could ever wish for, he declined a scholarship to play QB at USC. (enough said) but he turned it down to suck it up at UK... so maybe he should try pullin a Greg Paulus..

UK will be back on top very soon. I can almost guarantee it. Recruits just flock to Calipari.

and after a year they all flock to the NBA and how much poise and game managment can they learn in one year especially when they are all stars in high school and dont have to share the ball with anyone else and now they have to lose the ego and get in a team philosphy

Well just saying i bet he has more talent and athleticism than you could ever wish for, he declined a scholarship to play QB at USC. (enough said) but he turned it down to suck it up at UK... so maybe he should try pullin a Greg Paulus..

Get the facts straight. He turned down a scolarship to play DB at USC, not QB. And just because you get a scholarship doesn't mean that you will even play. He could have rode the bench his whole career at USC. So he preferred to go play ball.

and after a year they all flock to the NBA and how much poise and game managment can they learn in one year especially when they are all stars in high school and dont have to share the ball with anyone else and now they have to lose the ego and get in a team philosphy

Something will be done very soon about the NBA. With High School juniors dropping out of school to go play in Europe, there will be something done very soon.

But at UK, the players there are usually there to do one thing, win championships. And they usually don't go pro until they do that, or graduate. We have quite a few good big men, and they usually have to stay 3 or 4 years, to work on their footwork, post moves, etc.

Something will be done very soon about the NBA. With High School juniors dropping out of school to go play in Europe, there will be something done very soon.

But at UK, the players there are usually there to do one thing, win championships. And they usually don't go pro until they do that, or graduate. We have quite a few good big men, and they usually have to stay 3 or 4 years, to work on their footwork, post moves, etc.

# one recruiting class in the nation.

What's going to be done about the NBA?  They already have an age limit & a rule that you can't play in the nba until after your high school class graduates.  What more do you want?  If the NBA becomes more strict on this it will just help out the European teams.  If a kid just wants to play basketball for a living and doesn't want to fool with college let it be.

Get the facts straight. He turned down a scolarship to play DB at USC, not QB. And just because you get a scholarship doesn't mean that you will even play. He could have rode the bench his whole career at USC. So he preferred to go play ball.

My bad i heard wrong from a game a while back but i looked it up and i couldnt even find his football recruiting so i guess basketball is the 2nd sport he had to quit b/c his talent.... and "ball" can be interpreted many different ways... but calipari will bring good recruits but managing them to stay i doubt b/c "money talks" and good players want to leave to get the millions from the NBA

# one recruiting class in the nation.

Where does it say that we have the number one recruiting class in the nation? I have heard this by a ton of people, but according to ESPN and Rivals, North Carolina has the #1 recruiting class.

What's going to be done about the NBA?  They already have an age limit & a rule that you can't play in the nba until after your high school class graduates.  What more do you want?  If the NBA becomes more strict on this it will just help out the European teams.  If a kid just wants to play basketball for a living and doesn't want to fool with college let it be.

The NBA is sick of having stupid people be the ones that the whole world sees. The Kobe Bryant's, Dwight Howard's, and Amare Stoudemire's. Are they great players? Yes. Would playing in College have benefited them? Greatly. It would make their game better, and make USA smarter.

The NBA should make it a rule that players must have two years in college before they are eligible for the NBA draft. With the 1 year rule now, kids go for the basketball season, and drop out after the season. Not very attractive. And I also think that they should request that the Europe League doesn't take any high school kids. Jeremy Tyler, a high school junior commited to UofL, has decided to not attend UofL, drop out of high school after his junior year, and go play in the European League. That is insanely ridiculous.

My bad i heard wrong from a game a while back but i looked it up and i couldnt even find his football recruiting so i guess basketball is the 2nd sport he had to quit b/c his talent.... and "ball" can be interpreted many different ways... but calipari will bring good recruits but managing them to stay i doubt b/c "money talks" and good players want to leave to get the millions from the NBA

Ball generally means basketball, lets not get smart allic.

Ball generally means basketball, lets not get smart allic.

"lets not get smart [glow=orange,2,300]ellic[/glow]" and ball where i live is used for both football and basketball.... "shootin hoops" is generally used more... but thats just me

"lets not get smart [glow=orange,2,300]ellic[/glow]" and ball where i live is used for both football and basketball.... "shootin hoops" is generally used more... but thats just me

Is there even a correct spelling for that word? I don't think that it's even a word. But I've been wrong before. Ball, hoopin, bangin, theres a lot of different names for basketball where im from. I forget that sometimes, sorry guys and gals.

[glow=blue,2,300]Is there even a correct spelling for that word?[/glow] I don't think that it's even a word. But I've been wrong before. [glow=red,2,300]Ball, hoopin, bangin[/glow], theres a lot of different names for basketball where im from. I forget that sometimes, sorry guys and gals.

actually its spelled smart alec we're both wrong but and yea when you live in the ville you get random meanings of words

actually its spelled smart alec we're both wrong but and yea when you live in the ville you get random meanings of words

Hey, im from the hood. What can I say? You pick up some terminology along the way.

Where does it say that we have the number one recruiting class in the nation? I have heard this by a ton of people, but according to ESPN and Rivals, North Carolina has the #1 recruiting class.

rivals.com