Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

The day wrestling changed

I have never been to a JoJo practice, but being at a poor program some other wrestlers and I attended other practices;

I would say that the hardest practice that I have ever been to is a Duane Goldman practice. Really intense, run run run run run, drill drill, run run run run, technique, run run, live wrestle, run. Really intense and almost all of the running was over hills.

I went to a camp that had Duane there just about every year, All Results Camp TN, and yeah he was pretty tough. I'd have to say the craziest guy I've ever seen though is Steve Martin. He's the head coach at ODU and he's like only 5' tall but my God if you've ever seen how tough he is and how hard he works he'd put just about everyone to shame. He runs for 1 hour at 7 am in the morning. Then we would wrestle for about 2-3 hours and we'd go take a break while he ran another hour. We'd come back and he show us technique and a little bit of live for 2-3 hours then we'd go take a break while he went to go run ANOTHER HOUR! Then we'd come back and wrestle live and after everything, you guessed it he did a cool down run for only 30 min. Amazing simply amazing. I'm pretty sure this dude is crazy.

i want to get jojo to make like one session at the wofo camp like one of our practices, just because me and bracco have been to tournys this year and talked to kids from other schools (not going to mention names or schools) about their practices, and the talk about playing games, "free time" (????? the heck is free time do u just stand around) , breaks ect. and i just want to see what people think we do. it will be funny i hope.

i want to get jojo to make like one session at the wofo camp like one of our practices, just because me and bracco have been to tournys this year and talked to kids from other schools (not going to mention names or schools) about their practices, and the talk about playing games, "free time" (????? the heck is free time do u just stand around) , breaks ect. and i just want to see what people think we do. it will be funny i hope.

Breaks we get, but I don't know about free time. What the hell is that lol. Maybe they could just drill or live if they wanted to.

I went to a camp that had Duane there just about every year, All Results Camp TN, and yeah he was pretty tough. I'd have to say the craziest guy I've ever seen though is Steve Martin. He's the head coach at ODU and he's like only 5' tall but my God if you've ever seen how tough he is and how hard he works he'd put just about everyone to shame. He runs for 1 hour at 7 am in the morning. Then we would wrestle for about 2-3 hours and we'd go take a break while he ran another hour. We'd come back and he show us technique and a little bit of live for 2-3 hours then we'd go take a break while he went to go run ANOTHER HOUR! Then we'd come back and wrestle live and after everything, you guessed it he did a cool down run for only 30 min. Amazing simply amazing. I'm pretty sure this dude is crazy.

This is why Granby camp is so good.  He basically runs it, with his brother.  Woodford has been going... ever since I can remember, well before I was in high school.  I encourage everyone to go to their camps.

This is why Granby camp is so good.  He basically runs it, with his brother.  Woodford has been going... ever since I can remember, well before I was in high school.  I encourage everyone to go to their camps.

yea it is a great camp. Steve M is hard nosed but a nice guy... :-D and the guy that made it to the finals from old dominion is always there.

yea it is a great camp. Steve M is hard nosed but a nice guy... :-D and the guy that made it to the finals from old dominion is always there.

Where is the camp at? I used to live sorta close to ODU.