Sign in to follow this  
Mortal

Mitch Ervin vs. Harrison Courtney

I'm pretty sure this has already been discussed at length.  The general consensus is that Ervin would have an advantage on their feet but Courtney on the mat.  I'll take Courtney in a very close match.

I've thought about this one alot, and im not sure who i would go with, there both studs.

Pretty sure Courtney's got this one, no problem

Take you down, let you up... why get involved in the mat game, when I can dominate you on our feet.  A great takedown artist beats a mat wrestler every day of the week...and twice on sunday

unless that great neutral wrestler cannot escape from the bottom. close match, hard to call for me, but i give the edge to courtney.

Well mitch coulda been a 3 timer but broke his ankle in the semifinals his soph year and had to forfeit out. was winning the match i believe

I dont belive he was winning.  Courtney, Banks, Aylor and Wilson were all better then Ervin that year I think. 

I dont belive he was winning.  Courtney, Banks, Aylor and Wilson were all better then Ervin that year I think. 

mitch beat banks his junior year

Take you down, let you up... why get involved in the mat game, when I can dominate you on our feet.  A great takedown artist beats a mat wrestler every day of the week...and twice on sunday

Courtney isn't as bad on his feet as everyone tries to say.  He's just very good on the mat.  Ervin would probably have the edge, but I don't think he would score as much on his feet as people like to believe.  It would be a close match.  I'd put my money on the more complete wrestler.  If you SUCK on the bottom or top, eventually that's where you're going to be in a match.  If Courtney met him at state, I think he'd have a game plan to slow Ervin down on his feet.

No way courtney turns mitch. Mitch is a much bigger 160 pounder, which would mean a lot of trouble for courtney both on his feet where I believe mitch is obviously better, but also on the matt. Between two wrestlers that good and that strong it comes down to the takedown, as you've seen in college, and I don't think anyone can deny that mitch is a more explosive neutral wrestler.

its hard t say, every body is saying mitch is good on his feet but courtney is good on top and on bottom. I would pick harry for home cookin but i do say his. if harrison cant turn Jake Lee, Jerimiah Walls, ect. its going to be near impossible to turn mitch. and vise versa. Mitch has to get in on the legs before he can take him down, and once he gets there you pretty much have to finish picture perfect to score on courtney.

Why does everyone just keep repeating eachother? Harrison is not "bad" or "average" on his feet. I'm assuming that the majority of the people saying this haven't seen him wrestle or don't pay attention. How many unsuccessful takedown attempts have you seen from him this year? Exactly. He doesn't do as many different takedowns as Mitch but he doesn't have to. Low or sweep single and high-c. Everytime.

Harrison wins this one on the mat and neutral. No question.

mitch beat banks his junior year

Never said he didn't.  I was talking about Banks junior year whick would have been Ervins sophmore.  Now if you are meaning that Ervin beat Banks Ervins soph year, then I did not know that.

honestly the size thing you guys are bringing up is probably true.  harrison made 152 BEFORE the season started at Super32.  I think he wrestled 160 this year frankly because he had no worries.  so could mitch beat him at 160?  probably so.  but that's because Harrison was probably truly a 152 lber this year wrestling up and mitch looked like a 189 lber last year at state.  but technique wise, they are close.  either way they are both awesome wrestlers.  can't take anything away from a 4xer.

i think courtney is better on his feet

he might not be as fancy as mitch or as fast but i dont think mitch would be able to finish on courtney but courtney would finish on him and take controll of the match and could probally wear ervin down and tilt him

courtney would easily get away on bottom and repeat what he just did