Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare

Wrestlers going to Nationals

Right now there are only 7 Kentucky wrestlers signed up for NHSCA Nationals...

Freshman

Alex Murphy-  John Hardin- 119

Sophomore

Charlie Ammerman -Harrison County- 160

Junior

Myron Bradbury - Trinity- 112

Pat Milford- Paul Laurence Dunbar-103

Jordan Murphy- John Hardin- 130

Seniors

Jacob Ilg - Campbell County- 215

Jacob Bradford- Ryle- 189

Entry deadline is March 27th. Kentucky needs a good showing at these tournaments in order to get more college coaches recruiting Kentucky kids. If you think you're a good wrestler then go to Nationals and prove it!

From Conner: Derek Wiley (1st @ 75) and maybe Darian Wolt. (4th @ HWT)

Derek will probably be wrestling 75 although he could very easily cut  and make weight at 70. and Darian if he goes for sure, will probably wrestling 185. Now this is just going by what I'm hearing. I'm not 100% sure on Darian thou,you would have to talk with his father, but I believe that in the end both of these young me will be going. I think both will have a great chance at placing if not winning there.

I imagine Harrison Courtney will be attending. All the information that I've received is saying yes.

Anyone going to the middle school nationals?

Luke Rearic (Lafayette) at 98lbs will probably go to Middle School Championships

Depends on number of entries.....Middle School was a bit thin last year

Spring Break....the beach and wrestling.....doesn't get any better !

High School Nationals Wrestling Championship

April 1-5          Grades 9, 10, 11, 12                Virginia Beach Convention Center

Because of the no contact rule in KY, I (Avery Zerkle) have been asked ,again this year, by several parents to help prepare their wrestler for this upcoming event. I also plan to attend the tournament as well as help coach the kids. In preparation for the tournament I plan to hold practice the first four Sundays in March. These practices will be very intense and consist of 10-15 wrestlers that are training to obtain an All-American status at this tournament.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP so that I can reserve a spot for you. For coaching purposes, at the tournament, one coach can only manage 6-8 wrestlers. I have asked my assistant coach, Matt Koz to help with the training and coaching for this years events. So, a group of 12-16 wrestlers would work well for a great training environment and personal attention at the tournament.

These are the wrestlers that are participating thus far:

Korey Shotwell, Dusty Brown, Jake Lee, Jake Ilg, Myran Bradbury, Josh Johnson, Jordan Murphy, Alex Murphy,   

There will be numerous state champs and placers attending.

Training Sessions:

**All sessions will be on Sundays from 4:30-6:00pm at Cincinnati La Salle High School

the wrestling room is in the De La Salle Center behind the school.

You can get directions from my web page. www.goldencrosswrestling.com

March 8th , March 15th, March 22nd , March 29th 

Cost:  $225

This includes 4 training sessions, weight management plans, and coaching during tournament. This cost will also help cover my expenses for the trip: Flight $250, 4 nights hotel $500, coaches pass $100, food and misc. $100.

Please contact me to hold a spot and for further questions.

Avery Zerkle's 937-631-2099

Golden Cross Wrestling, LLC www.goldencrosswrestling.com

Avery Zerkle

Head Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2006-2008 Head Coach Springboro High School

2003-2006 Head Coach Graham Jr. High

2002 Volunteer Assistant Graham High School

2x NCAA Qualifier at Lock Haven University

NCAA Eastern Wrestling League Champ

NCAA Pennsylvania State Athletic Conf. Champ

Ohio State Champ at Graham High School

Ohio State Runner-Up at Graham High School

Jr. National Freestyle Duals National Champ

Jr. National Freestyle All-American

Sr. National All-American

Matt  Koz

Asst. Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2 X NCAA Qualifier- Minnesota/Univ. Tennessee

3 X Ohio State Champ at St. Ed

PRACTICE TIME CHANGE: THE PRACTICE TIME FOR THIS WILL BE 4-5:30pm,  ON THESE SUNDAYS  March 8th , March 15th, March 22nd , March 29th

High School Nationals Wrestling Championship

April 1-5          Grades 9, 10, 11, 12                Virginia Beach Convention Center

Because of the no contact rule in KY, I (Avery Zerkle) have been asked ,again this year, by several parents to help prepare their wrestler for this upcoming event. I also plan to attend the tournament as well as help coach the kids. In preparation for the tournament I plan to hold practice the first four Sundays in March. These practices will be very intense and consist of 10-15 wrestlers that are training to obtain an All-American status at this tournament.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP so that I can reserve a spot for you. For coaching purposes, at the tournament, one coach can only manage 6-8 wrestlers. I have asked my assistant coach, Matt Koz to help with the training and coaching for this years events. So, a group of 12-16 wrestlers would work well for a great training environment and personal attention at the tournament.

These are the wrestlers that are participating thus far:

Korey Shotwell, Dusty Brown, Jake Lee, Jake Ilg, Myran Bradbury, Josh Johnson, Jordan Murphy, Alex Murphy, Connor Coyle 

There will be numerous state champs and placers attending.

Training Sessions:

**All sessions will be on Sundays from 4:30-6:00pm   4:00-5:30pm at Cincinnati La Salle High School

the wrestling room is in the De La Salle Center behind the school.

You can get directions from my web page. www.goldencrosswrestling.com

March 8th , March 15th, March 22nd , March 29th

Cost:  $225

This includes 4 training sessions, weight management plans, and coaching during tournament. This cost will also help cover my expenses for the trip: Flight $250, 4 nights hotel $500, coaches pass $100, food and misc. $100.

Please contact me to hold a spot and for further questions.

Avery Zerkle's            937-631-2099

Golden Cross Wrestling, LLC      www.goldencrosswrestling.com

Avery Zerkle

Head Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2006-2008 Head Coach Springboro High School

2003-2006 Head Coach Graham Jr. High

2002 Volunteer Assistant Graham High School

2x NCAA Qualifier at Lock Haven University

NCAA Eastern Wrestling League Champ

NCAA Pennsylvania State Athletic Conf. Champ

Ohio State Champ at Graham High School

Ohio State Runner-Up at Graham High School

Jr. National Freestyle Duals National Champ

Jr. National Freestyle All-American

Sr. National All-American

Matt  Koz

Asst. Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2 X NCAA Qualifier- Minnesota/Univ. Tennessee

3 X Ohio State Champ at St. Ed

There are only 10 kids from Kentucky signed up to go to Nationals, entry deadline is the 27th, Kentucky needs to make a good showing at these tournaments if it ever wants to get respected on the national level.

im pretty sure the ervins are goin and im pretty positive brad hitchings and fahy are going. i dont think brent hitchings is going

ay myron how bout a national title homie

lol. ill try to bring one home. we got fahy, hitchings and the ervins goin too. there is a good chance someone from kentucky will bring home a national title. btw junior varsity is pretty accurate, im a junior and i did wrestle varsity...

Zyrcle is legit fellas he has helped out a lot of northern kentucky guys and will be more than happy to help you out. I suggest if you are serious about this to sign up ASAP. :-D