Sign in to follow this  
chapper88

Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???

Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Unions 08 team or Trinity's 09 team???

• Union
    • Trinity

okay so when it comes to fayh vs. elam we can all agree to take sides and agree to disagree with the others.

now on to ohlman beating ervin. i just cant see that happening ever. 10 out of 10 times isaac wins. i say he could even major him. not that he would but he would have a chance.

ya i agree with that. i dont see ohlmann beating last years issac ervin

now on to ohlman beating ervin. i just cant see that happening ever. 10 out of 10 times isaac wins. i say he could even major him. not that he would but he would have a chance.

Agreed

idk about ohlman and isaac actually. ohlman is really strong, i think the strength would advantage would affect the match. it would be close, but no def answer, cause if isaac slips up, i dont think he would be able to make it off his back.

last year union had 10 placers

this year trinity had 9 placers

Trinity                                                          Union

103 John Fahy        9      5- 0 1st              103 Jarvis Elam        12 5- 0 1st

112 Myron Bradbury 11 5- 0 1st              112 Isaac Thomas 10 4- 3   8th

119 Brent Hitchings 9 3- 3 8th              119 Aaron Carr        11 5- 2 4th

125 Sean Gillespie 12 5- 2 7th              125 Jake Wempe 12 6- 2 4th

145 Grant Ohlmann 11 4- 1 2nd              130        Caleb Ervin   9 4- 1 2nd

171 Brad Hitchings 11 5- 0 1st              135 Luke Ervin        11 4- 2 7th

189 Josh Lewis        11 6- 1 3rd              145 Isaac Ervin        11 7- 1 3rd

215 Brock Messina 10 3- 3 6th              160 Mitch Ervin        12 5- 0 1st

285 Jordon Whiting 12 5- 1 3rd              171 Jarrod Burke 12 5- 2 7th

189 Diante Wright 12 4- 2 5th

I would say Fahy over Elem 5-2 ive seen both of them wrestle and Fahy has way better technique

Wempe would tech Gillespie he placed 4th at by far the hardest weight class 125 last year, Gillespie got 8th at an ok weight class this year

Carr would have pinned baby Hitchings he had like 50 pins last year

id say Isaac over Grant but it would have been really close 1 or 2 points if not overtime

in a dual Trinity would win in a tournament Union would take it

You want to see a stacked team, go back another year to South Oldhams team.  All but one guy placed!

I was actually thinking about that, but I figured somebody else would say something so I wouldn't need to.

You beat him 13-9.

sorry for the wrong info, i felt like the score was a much farther spread than that. i had him on his back a few times, so i thought i would have been farther ahead, must have given up more back points than i thought. either way, dont see him being competitive with wempe of last year.

Fahy is one of the best freshman wrestlers to ever come out of Kentucky.  Frankly, he is a very high national caliber wrestler right now.  I hope he wrestles in freshman/sophomore nationals - that would tell us a lot.  If he continues to gain strength and toughness, along with refining his technique, he could very well be mentioned as one of the best to ever wrestle in the state.  The only freshman I have seen in Kentucky who compared with his technique was Ruschell, who was a very small 103 as a freshman (and sophomore for that matter).  I believe Fahy wins this match.

Made the same point much earlier in the thread...I agree.

but he made the point later in the thread and typed it much louder than you...so he wins  :-D

Trinity beat Union in '08 and this years trinity team is much better so Im going with Trinity hands down.

yes i agree that trinity may have a better team this year than last year. but just because they beat union last year doesnt mean they could this year. you have to look at match ups. thats what makes a difference. thats why when you break it down match by match i cant see trinity winning. even if you have fayh beating jarvis.

this is me breaking down the reasons why i think trinity is better this year and why those reasons wont make a difference in this dual match do to match ups.

the reasons that trinity is better this year than last year.

Fayh at 103-this match could go either way making the effect of the match the same has bradbury at 103 last year.

bradbury at 112-bradbury wins hands down giving an edge for trinity.

brent hitching at 119-he would get handled by carr so this effects them in no way in this dual

ohlman at 145-again ervin would handle ohlman therefor this effects trinity in no way in this dual

Gillespie at 125-again no chance to win in this dual

I think alot of it has to do with momentum, which leads me to my point, it depends on what weight they start at. If Jarvis could get the momentum going I believe Thomas would have a close match with Bradbury. Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Thomas have a close match with Bradbury last year? I remember Elam was out or wrestling at 112 but I was sure Thomas had a close one with Bradbury. If so these comments of Bradbury majoring or teching him would be out of the question, I mean look at Thomas this year runner-up at 140.

I think alot of it has to do with momentum, which leads me to my point, it depends on what weight they start at. If Jarvis could get the momentum going I believe Thomas would have a close match with Bradbury. Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Thomas have a close match with Bradbury last year? I remember Elam was out or wrestling at 112 but I was sure Thomas had a close one with Bradbury. If so these comments of Bradbury majoring or teching him would be out of the question, I mean look at Thomas this year runner-up at 140.

yea but i think thomas is one of the luckiest men to make it to the finals. not sure of who all he lost to this year but i know for sure guiler beat him twice and stuck him at least one of the times

yea but i think thomas is one of the luckiest men to make it to the finals. not sure of who all he lost to this year but i know for sure guiler beat him twice and stuck him at least one of the times

he also lost to shaquille cox in the regular season. at state though he was wrestling better than he did in the regular season he beat alot of good guys

Yes i think bradbury only beat him by like 3 or 4. It was somewhere around there. I know it wasn't a major though.

They weren't even the same weight class.  Union and Trinity only saw each other 4 times last year; at Ryle Rumble (myron didn't wrestle); at Harrison in Evansville 9-way; at State Duals in Championship match and the Individual State Tournament.  Where did they wrestle each other in competition ?  :?

he also lost to shaquille cox in the regular season. at state though he was wrestling better than he did in the regular season he beat alot of good guys

Thomas has his moments and he knows when to turn it up..

They weren't even the same weight class.  Union and Trinity only saw each other 4 times last year; at Ryle Rumble (myron didn't wrestle); at Harrison in Evansville 9-way; at State Duals in Championship match and the Individual State Tournament.  Where did they wrestle each other in competition ?  :?

What about at the Hardin Duals?