3. Travis Meisner (SOUT)

4. Alex Jones (FAIR)

1. Jason Hardin (PRP)

2. John Shulz (BUCE)

3. John Wise (DESA)

4. William Smith (VALL)

1st Bullitt Central

2nd Desales

You may be right ranger region 3 may be the weakest but we dont have much to choose from and the ones that are here are doing their best to change that stigma, and as a state that doesnt have the wrestling support that it should, needs to support those that do care enough to better each and every region in the state

Those that are true students of the sport will strive to be better at all cost

I'm not blaming the kids at all. I have some history with this region and know a little about the schools and coaches. I would think that these results would show the schools that if you support these teams at all you can have some success. Here comes Bullitt Central out of nowhere with a bunch of inexperienced kids and they put almost half the team in the finals and win the region.

I agree it has to start with support from the school but we havent had much luck in that department, kids and a few select paretnts are trying to do all they can but woith little success and pointers from anyone would be appeciated.

I thought that region 3 was great this year, we had state placers like james badgett(103) and even a state champion (Joe Powers of Southern 140). I think region 3 had a great year and some good competition is certain weight classes.

region 3 is improving. i am a bullitt central wrestler, so i am naturally going to be bias. i injured myself at larue county so i was unable to compete in regions. but i think region 3 is improving. bullitt central was put in this region for that exact reason; it was weak. I think it will get better. Especially now since it looks as if the decreasing wrestling school participation is weakening. But that is probably from everyone getting into UFC and cage fighting (if anyone hasn't noticed the jefferson county fighting league [whatever it is called] is starting to grow fast). So people are not seeing high school wrestling as a bunch of anorexic [sp?] spandex wearing tough guys as much as before. But about BC, I think we will win regions again next year, but not because the region is weak, but because we have been busting our heads to get better. one of our wrestlers placed, and 2 were one match away from placing (just saying bullitt central didn't win because the region sucked, but because we have some good wrestlers). Joe Powers is gone now though, so it looks like more people will have to step it up.

I was disappointed seeing DeSales and PRP not doing so hot, and whats up with people saying DOSS is going to be stunning?