Sign in to follow this  
wrestling4life

Who got it

justin davis won mow...that had to be the most unexpected person in my opinion to get it. i thought for sure it was courtney or zarth.

justin davis won mow...that had to be the most unexpected person in my opinion to get it. i thought for sure it was courtney or zarth.

ya i thought that Zarth would get it for his exciting match with Osborne(best match of the night) but Davis. hey they voted

well first its based on your performance at state, and only state, not your whole career. and him getting it last year, may have hurt his chances this year.

Zarth receive a questionable take-down. And Davis' matches were more thrilling than Courtney's. Plus, remember that this was only Davis' third year wrestling. A state champ in his second and third year of wrestling -- that's phenomenal!

What about luke ervin, he had to beat Johnson #1, Lampe #4, then slone #3. No one was talking about him evev being in the finals. IMO he had to be mow in order to now be called. Taking nothing away from Davis he looked very good.

Caleb Ervin went 62-0 after winning the finals. and i think that you could argue MOW for many wrestlers, what about the freshman (Fahy) going out there and t-falling Milford, whos a junior. thats like his 5th or 6th consecuative state title including middle school.

yeah fahy pinned his first kid, then teched his way to the finals, not giving up a single point. all his techs were 15 or more to 0. this includes the ankle breakin bracco  :wink:

sorry but fahy did not tech 2nd ranked nick paden which should have been the finals match he would have killed pat milford

they were all escapes.  Fahy had at least 2 chances to pin Paden and could have pinned Milford at any time.  Paden and Milford would have been a good match.  Pat stepped it up thru regions and state.  Deserved to be runner-up.  Curious to see what weights all these 103's wind up at next year.  Know Yenter will be a 103 but not sure about the rest.

Milford is a fast dude! His speed is outrageous. Fahy is an absolute monster though. I'd love to see how these guys would do at nationals.

I'd say most of these younger 103s like in region 1 Jeremy Burnham, Wade Willen, and Sahms will all bump up next year. They all have a big build and will probably put some meat on those bones.  :evil:

What about luke ervin, he had to beat Johnson #1, Lampe #4, then slone #3. No one was talking about him evev being in the finals. IMO he had to be mow in order to now be called. Taking nothing away from Davis he looked very good.

I agree he stepped it up and wrestled great

i thought over all  fahy should have got it....it was a very boring state finals...atleast fahy put on a clinic.....zarths match was good but other than that it was boring    a freshman techs his opp in the final and does not get it...thats not right...the guy that harrison had was not good yet he got the first take down granted harrison still beat him..but it was not no where near impressive

i thought over all  fahy should have got it....it was a very boring state finals...atleast fahy put on a clinic.....zarths match was good but other than that it was boring     a freshman techs his opp in the final and does not get it...thats not right...the guy that harrison had was not good yet he got the first take down granted harrison still beat him..but it was not no where near impressive

I disagree, being a region one fan it was exciting see all those Union boys finally getting their state championships. That and anytime Dusty Brown wrestles it's exciting. The 171 and 189 were the only two boring matches in my opinion. Finally how do you figure Jake Lee is not that good?? If he wasn't quote un quote not good I don't think he would be in the finals. Lee is a very tough wrestler and really held his own against Courtney. Courtney actually did great on his feet I though, which really shocked me. He was taking great shots, just couldn't finish.

i want to make a case for bradbury.  i thought he should have gotten mow.  dominated until the finals.  in the finals he beat the best runner up in any weight class and was not scored on in tourn.

Milford is a fast dude! His speed is outrageous. Fahy is an absolute monster though. I'd love to see how these guys would do at nationals.

I'd say most of these younger 103s like in region 1 Jeremy Burnham, Wade Willen, and Sahms will all bump up next year. They all have a big build and will probably put some meat on those bones.  :evil:

No David is going to weigh 103 next year. This year he weighed like 95 pounds with clothes on. He is alot smaller then his brother was, and Robbie was only a 112 his Freshman Year