newfan13

Most likely favorite to lose!

Okay, state championships have already been given up to several wrestlers.  Of the sure things who is most likely to lose.  Fahy, Bradbury, Johnson, Courtney, Hitchings or Whiting.  Will all 6 win or will some go down.

out of those 6, I think it would be Johnson...

The other 5, I think, are at a much higher skill level than their competition.

I think Johnson is going to win, but out of those 6 I think he has the most chance of losing.

I'd say Whiting. The gap between him and the rest of the pack is a lot smaller than the rest of these guys. Remember he did get pinned last year by Nathan Gray and Houston Croney. I'd say those two along with Harlow and Bell have a good chance of beating him.

you are crazy to think johnson... i guarantee he wins state with ease.

I never said he'd lose, I think he's gonna win. But, I was just sayin that out o' those 6 that were mentioned I think Johnson is closer to the #2 guy than the other 5. So basicly I think he's the most likely FAVORITE to lose...

I think johnson because slone is a Madman and he has no quit in him so i think he will want this more than johnson!!

I think if slone goes out there like a madman Johnson will capitalize on his mistakes. He goes out there smart he has a good shot at state champ!!

no one is going to beat any of those guys. you picked the best six in the state leaving out ohlman, caleb ervin, and zarth. if any number one ranked guy or favorite is going to lose it will be bradford. 189 isnt a bad weight class this year

i agree 189 is hard, but id say ohlman has the best chance of losing. assuming he is stiull ranked first, i honestly havent looked.

I don't think anyone sees any of these guys losing, but I would rank them from least to greatest like this:

Fahy/Courtney - I give them a basically 100% untouchable rating

Hitchings - Nobody near his skill level, but under very unlikely circumstances there are some guys that are big enough at this weight that a desperation move could spell disaster

Johnson - I've got a sleeper pick that I think could keep it close.... beat him? I dunno....

Bradbury - A lot of talent at this weight class, will probably see three rounds of pretty tough kids

Whiting - Pretty much based solely on the fact that he's a heavyweight... some pretty crazy stuff can go down with the big guys

And, for the others that WC added (again, from least to greatest):

Bradford - Very strong (physically and especially mentally) and he doesn't make mistakes - someone will have to be better than him on that day

Ervin - Norbury took it to Murphy, and Murphy gave Ervin a run for his money, I'm just not sure how well Norbury will match up with Ervin

Ohlman - I think a healthy Dusty Brown takes him, but is he healthy? Think Jude could give him a run as well...

Zarth - Has wrestled Osbourne 1-1 with an overtime loss and a 1 point decision

Idk for some crazy reason 3 timers always have this mental block like sullivan did last year. It's like everyone shunned the idea and called you an idiot for saying travis sullivan would loose his last match. Everyone besides probably JC thought that Sullivan couldn't be touched. Courtney is in that same position I believe. I'm not saying Courtney will loose, I hope he doesn't he's worked past alot especially since the bad call in the semis his 8th grade year against the kid from Wayne that won it, but I am saying that alot of people have had that block going in for the 4th. What does everyone else think?

I think one of the biggest differences between Sullivan and Courtney is the streak.  Sullivan has the added pressure of winning so many matches in a row.  Courtney has wrestled so many tough tournaments out of season that he has suffered a few losses over the last couple years to 1) keep that "unbeaten" pressure off and 2) to keep him hungry to get better.

I think one of the biggest differences between Sullivan and Courtney is the streak.  Sullivan has the added pressure of winning so many matches in a row.  Courtney has wrestled so many tough tournaments out of season that he has suffered a few losses over the last couple years to 1) keep that "unbeaten" pressure off and 2) to keep him hungry to get better.

Ya i Agree with Ranger, but he will have alot of pressure on winning his 4th state championship. All these people expect him to win. I bet its tough

That's very smart on Courtney's part. I remember him loosing at the BGSG to Hitchings and to me it kind of made me doubt his abilities. I'm sure to him he just got fired up. Well he proved himself as a true champion as he just took that loss and ran with it from there. I'm sure alot of guys when they get that momentum and they hit a wall they sort of doubt their abilities.

That's very smart on Courtney's part. I remember him loosing at the BGSG to Hitchings and to me it kind of made me doubt his abilities. I'm sure to him he just got fired up. Well he proved himself as a true champion as he just took that loss and ran with it from there. I'm sure alot of guys when they get that momentum and they hit a wall they sort of doubt their abilities.

What the the score? And At 160 there dont seem to be anybody who I think can beat courtney.

I'd say Whiting. The gap between him and the rest of the pack is a lot smaller than the rest of these guys. Remember he did get pinned last year by Nathan Gray and Houston Croney. I'd say those two along with Harlow and Bell have a good chance of beating him.

Are you serious Ryan Harlow?

I mean he's a good wrestler. But Whiting is twice his size all in muscle.

And with Jordan Whiting being that big you just cant do anything on him

I see him winning state this year with no doubt!

i dont think courtney will have any trouble winning. when your that much better than everyone else there is no pressure. you just know your gonna win

I hope he does go out there thinking that, casue thats whats goin cause him to loose, If you think your just always goin win.

Are you serious Ryan Harlow?

I mean he's a good wrestler. But Whiting is twice his size all in muscle.

And with Jordan Whiting being that big you just cant do anything on him

I see him winning state this year with no doubt!

Harlow has the best shot of any heavy weight at beating Whiting.

And hasn't he been beating kids "twice" his size all year long?