Sign in to follow this  
wrestling man

Region 6

What team is the strongest  

1. 1. What team is the strongest

• Campbell County
    • Ryle
    • Sk

With the finals looking like this....just a prediction.....I give Ryle the win.

I am going to take a stab at Region 6 finals pairings and outcomes:

103-Yenter CC v Ruschell Ryle     Ruschell by dec

112-Orsello-Ryle v R Supe Scott      Supe by dec

119-Osborne Ryle v. S Supe-Scott  or Cooper - SK  Osborne by fall  (I hear Supe may cut to 119-or he stays at 125)

125-Schneider CC v Palmer Ryle       Palmer by dec

130-Norbury SK v Bates Cooper       Norbury by maj dec

135  Roland Ryle v Bernard  BC     Roland by maj dec

140  Shotwell CC v Brewer Cooper     Shotwell by fall

145  Brown CC v Bolog Ryle         Brown by dec

152  Mace Ryle v Adams  Conner     Mace by dec

160  Lee  CC  v  Coyle  Ryle         Coyle by dec

171  Hogben Ryle v Bernard BC    Hogben by fall

189  Bradford Ryle v Dockery  Conner   Bradford by fall

215  Ilg CC v Van Winkle SK     Ilg by fall

HWT  Adams Ryle v Patrick SK    Adams by dec

I think its a toss up for Ryle and CC.

Champions are clear: Hogben, Osborne, Bradford, Roland, for Ryle; Shotwell, Brown, Ilg for Campbell County

Toss up: 1. Palmer-vs-Schneider, I can't predict this one, depends who wants it more, both are capable of winning or losing.

2. Yenter-vs-Ruschell, last time 1 point dec for Ruschell,  we have been feeding Yenter, he now weighs 92 lbs!

3. 112, CC beat Ryle last time they wrestled, Supe from Scott will likely win the wt. CC or Ryle in the finals is alot of advancing points

4  130, CC Hale beat Ryle Lonkard last time they wrestled. Who makes it to the finals? Norbury will win, but Bates also in hunt for finals.

5. 152, CC Black beat Ryle Parker last time, but hasnt wrestle their new varsity Mace. big match. 

5. 160 CC Lee beat Ryle Coyle last time they wrestled, big deciding match.

6. Heavy, Ryle Adam beat CC Frank in overtime last time they wrestled. Big boys are always a toss up.

People have their opinions about who will win, but all depends on who makes it into the finals. Alot of advancing points once making it into the finals.

Campbell County could have 11 in the finals. 3,12,25,30,35,40,45,52,60,215,hvy

Ryle could have 11 in the finals. 3,12,19,25,30,35,52,60,71,89,hvy

i dont think norbury will be in the finals i also think palmerwill destroy schneider it will be a major and russcell will demolish yenter by i think a major also 

i dont think norbury will be in the finals i also think palmerwill destroy schneider it will be a major and russcell will demolish yenter by i think a major also 

Not only does Norbury make it to the finals-he wins it.  Who is going to beat him???

TJ BATES WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mrgreen: 8-) :-o :-D :wink:

With the finals looking like this....just a prediction.....I give Ryle the win.

I am going to take a stab at Region 6 finals pairings and outcomes:

103-Yenter CC v Ruschell Ryle     Ruschell by dec

112-Orsello-Ryle v R Supe Scott      Supe by dec

119-Osborne Ryle v. S Supe-Scott  or Cooper - SK  Osborne by fall  (I hear Supe may cut to 119-or he stays at 125)

125-Schneider CC v Palmer Ryle       Palmer by dec

130-Norbury SK v Bates Cooper       Norbury by maj dec

135  Roland Ryle v Bernard  BC     Roland by maj dec

140  Shotwell CC v Brewer Cooper     Shotwell by fall

145  Brown CC v Bolog Ryle         Brown by dec

152  Mace Ryle v Adams  Conner     Mace by dec

160  Lee  CC  v  Coyle  Ryle         Coyle by dec

171  Hogben Ryle v Bernard BC    Hogben by fall

189  Bradford Ryle v Dockery  Conner   Bradford by fall

215  Ilg CC v Van Winkle SK     Ilg by fall

HWT  Adams Ryle v Patrick SK    Adams by dec

At 152 Mace and Adams can't be in the finals together. Black will be number one seed. He is undefeated in Northern Kentucky and conference champ at 152 this year. Given Black has beat Ryle's varsity twice this year, it is unlikely Mace will be able to seeded above him. Mace and Adams will be 2 and 3 seed respectively.

Who won between Bates and Lonkard? That will decide the number 3 or 4 seed. This will be very important. Hale beat Lonkard therefore he will be seeded higher. No one wants to be number 4 seed as Norbury will be the champ. A head to head of Lonkard vs Hale could be a big deciding factor in team region champ.

Who won between Bates and Lonkard? That will decide the number 3 or 4 seed. This will be very important. Hale beat Lonkard therefore he will be seeded higher. No one wants to be number 4 seed as Norbury will be the champ. A head to head of Lonkard vs Hale could be a big deciding factor in team region champ.

I am almost certain that Bates won against Lonkard.

Court Mace has made incredible improvements this year and is a state contender.  He will beat Adams and give Black all he can handle and more.  Go Court!!!!

when it comes to seeding adams and mace, if they have not wrestled head to head the next criteria will be common opponants, so mace does not automaticallly concede the #1 seed to adams

I never stated Adams is number one seed. I stated Black is number one and the 2 and 3 seeds are between Adams and Mace. It will hard to remove Black from number one seed given he is 152 conference champ and undefeated in NKy. He beat 2 of Ryle's wrestlers and he also beat Des Jakes from Larue. Objectively, I believe Black will be number one seed. Did Mace wrestle Jakes from Larue?

IPEA just looking at your list of wrestlers, Orsello did not wrestle 112 at the time of the dual meet or conference.  He dropped from 119 and is a very strong wrestler.  I also believe that Coyle gave Lee all he could handle and at the beginning of the season.  1 week of practice following football.  He is much improved running on premium fuel and can wrestle all 6 minutes and then some.  This will be another interesting regional tournament with other individuals from these other teams playing the spoilers.

I am not predicting who will win the individual weights, I am trying to predict seeding. As you know, that is a huge determining factor in who is actually in the finals. Coach Ruschell's decision not to send his varsity team to NCAA may come back to haunt him. Campbell County has the upper hand right now as far as seeding the close weights.

Mace may very well beat Black, but that doesn't change the seeding priority. With Black at number 1, he should be in the finals.

Coyle vs Lee, both should be in the finals. Again, Coyle might prevail, but both should be in the finals thereby minimizing team champion. I doubt either will win by more than a few points. It is trivial, but Lee will be seeded number 1.

112 is a big deal. Fryar beat Ryle's 112 and placed high in the NCAA. He may have won it, I'm not sure. Seeding again will play a big role in determining the 2 finalists. I don't know the dossier of Ryle's 112. Supe is the favorite and will be seeding 1st. That will put Ryle and CC in the semi's. Big match.

125 could also be a factor. If Supe remains at 125, how will the seeds work out? Palmer and Schneider have not met. Supe is the returning regional champ. That may seed Supe number one and Palmer and Schneider 2 and 3. I will go out on a limb and give the better record to Schneider this year. He has won 3 of the last Ohio tournaments. These tournaments had 23,18,18 teams. He is 15 for 15 in the last 3 weeks. I'm not sure Palmer's record. Palmer won the Dragon, was Supe there? If Palmer and Schneider meet in the semi's, that is a big determining factor in region team champion.  If they are separated, the winner in the finals will have less of an impact on team championship. I don't believe either one will win by more than a few points. If Supe drops, then everything is trivial. If he stays at 125, the best match of the entire region 6 will be at the seeding meeting!

130, I like CC's odds for making the finals. I would rather go against Bates than Norbury. Lonkard will be against Norbury.

Boring weights for Ryle and CC. 119R, 135R, 140CC, 145CC, 171R, 189R, 215CC. All will win by pinning throughout, except for 135, I don't see Roland pinning his way through.

With so many teams in region 6, byes will not play a big role.

I think it will be a very exciting tournament. I'm not getting my invisilines until after the tournament. If it's close or controversial, I could lose some teeth in the big brawl!

I am not predicting who will win the individual weights, I am trying to predict seeding. As you know, that is a huge determining factor in who is actually in the finals. Coach Ruschell's decision not to send his varsity team to NCAA may come back to haunt him. Campbell County has the upper hand right now as far as seeding the close weights.

Mace may very well beat Black, but that doesn't change the seeding priority. With Black at number 1, he should be in the finals.

Coyle vs Lee, both should be in the finals. Again, Coyle might prevail, but both should be in the finals thereby minimizing team champion. I doubt either will win by more than a few points. It is trivial, but Lee will be seeded number 1.

112 is a big deal. Fryar beat Ryle's 112 and placed high in the NCAA. He may have won it, I'm not sure. Seeding again will play a big role in determining the 2 finalists. I don't know the dossier of Ryle's 112. Supe is the favorite and will be seeding 1st. That will put Ryle and CC in the semi's. Big match.

125 could also be a factor. If Supe remains at 125, how will the seeds work out? Palmer and Schneider have not met. Supe is the returning regional champ. That may seed Supe number one and Palmer and Schneider 2 and 3. I will go out on a limb and give the better record to Schneider this year. He has won 3 of the last Ohio tournaments. These tournaments had 23,18,18 teams. He is 15 for 15 in the last 3 weeks. I'm not sure Palmer's record. Palmer won the Dragon, was Supe there? If Palmer and Schneider meet in the semi's, that is a big determining factor in region team champion.  If they are separated, the winner in the finals will have less of an impact on team championship. I don't believe either one will win by more than a few points. If Supe drops, then everything is trivial. If he stays at 125, the best match of the entire region 6 will be at the seeding meeting!

130, I like CC's odds for making the finals. I would rather go against Bates than Norbury. Lonkard will be against Norbury.

Boring weights for Ryle and CC. 119R, 135R, 140CC, 145CC, 171R, 189R, 215CC. All will win by pinning throughout, except for 135, I don't see Roland pinning his way through.

I think it will be a very exciting tournament. I'm not getting my invisilines until after the tournament. If it's close or controversial, I could lose some teeth in the big brawl!

The above is from me. My wife was logged into my computer.

BTW,  Was Supe returning champ at 125.  I thought it was 119.  Palmer, Osborne and Supe if he was champ are all returning champs.  Just out of curiosity does placing in state the prior year hold any weight in seeding?  You better be wearing a mouthpiece if your going to wrestle.  Tooth replacement after the tournament could be costly depending on the outcome. :-D

Im pretty sure bates beat lonkard 3-0, Hale i think beat him 6-2 or 3. something like that.

I think the bates-hale match will be interesting.

I

112 is definitely a big match-No Doubt.  However the impact of Ryle sending JV to NKAC is a moot point for this weight.  Orsello couldn't drop to 112 till recently.  

160-Seeding is no biggie-1 & 2 will be separated with no one else even close to them.  

125-Palmer beat Supe and with no head to head with Palmer and Schneider I think Palmer will get the #1 seed since he beat Supe and based on last year results.  Palmer was regional champ and state runner up.  He is undefeated in KY.  I guess it depends who Schneider has lost to in KY, if anyone.

130-Tough weight class for Region 6.  Lonkard is at the top of his game right now.  I don't see him getting passed Norbury, but I think he has a shot at anyone else.

Should be one of the best region tournaments in the State.  It may come down to which ones pin their way through the tournament to accumulate the most points for their team-----not just win.

Im pretty sure bates beat lonkard 3-0, Hale i think beat him 6-2 or 3. something like that.

I think the bates-hale match will be interesting.

When did they wrestle?  I thought Lonkard wrestled Jones at NKAC.