Sign in to follow this  
AJ160

Officiating

well the majority of the refs that were at state last year were jeff co refs..people complain about just about every ref in ky  but i think jeff co has a couple of the best....is cody walls a new ref

I'm glad to see some support for the reffing.  Those that do not like our current refs should make sure they do something about it when they can ...  become a ref.  Our state can definitely use more refs, and as with everything, the larger the pool of available refs, the more the competition in obtaining jobs as well as officiating and large events like region and state.

you have to take the 2nd part of the rreff test and they send u an email asking if ur available for regions and if u say yes then they send u somewherre. idk about state but thats how it works for regionals.

Barnett- good every year, what region is he out of?

Walls- young but impressed me last year

both Shaws- in years past they seemed to favor Larue and knock Woodford because of the rivalry but last year I thought did much better

Callen- a very good ref, as well as the other refs from WV

Friddle- good every year but never gets mentioned

Cole and Cattan- both horrible and they try to make themselves a part of each match, no respect for either of them

Ford- does his best but makes many bad calls

Someone told me the way to judge a ref is if you notice them in a match, especially a close one.  If you take notice of them then they're probably not doing a very good job but if after the match you have no idea who the ref was or didn't notice them then they did the best they could.  Cole and Cattan seem to take pleasure in having the focus on them when it should be the other way around.

I've done a couple college tourneys out here and let me be the first to say I respect them more now than I did when I coached. It was hard to keep up with the pace at times and at the end of the day I was exhausted. I do believe what pizar says is true though about being noticed. I tried not to be noticed and tried not to screw up, overall I think I did alright. at least there were no arguments from the coaches.