Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 21

omar jarvis from central had a good tourney pinning his way through, stephen kimbrell, cody guiler and a trinity kid.

but going against a beast like justin davis in the finals, theres only so much u can do

p.s i hope to see kory shotwell wrestle and justin sometime. maybe state finals!

dan lost a tough one in the semis to bradford from ryle. he hurt his ankle during that match and wasnt the same after. later he barly lost to oldham county, but was basically on one leg. griggs majored him earlier at capital city.

same story with grey. lost an awsome 2 point match to frost from JH(15-13) and wasnt the same after that loosing to HC's jake cooper after hes stuck him 2 times this year

Torres didnt beat boone, they didnt even wrestle....Boone is undefeated in region

ya tyler is undefeated in region his only losses r to jimmy lacy n sum kid from meadewen he was sick

Torres didnt beat boone, they didnt even wrestle....Boone is undefeated in region

Then what was with Jared texting me as im withering on my couch about to throw up with BLUE BEAT BOONE BY 2. Was Blue (Danial Torres) at 112 meaning he had cut without telling me?

kasey hedges got beat this weekend by chris barret of southern, and stephen supe of scott. he got pinned by chris and beat 9 to 6 by stephen.

I was there for these matches. Kasey was not beat by Chris.The referee Joe Cattan defeated Kasey. Kasey was not credited with the points he deserved and was certainly not "Pinned". Kasey defeated Chris in there second match.

same story with grey. lost an awsome 2 point match to frost from JH(15-13) and wasnt the same after that loosing to HC's jake cooper after hes stuck him 2 times this year

I'm guessing this was the match Frost was injured that he forfeited in the finals?, and I did hear this was one of the best matches of the day.

To me it seems like Gray is a awesome wrestler but there is times he just gives up on himself. There is no reason why I don't see him placing high at state.

kasey hedges got beat this weekend by chris barret of southern, and stephen supe of scott. he got pinned by chris and beat 9 to 6 by stephen.

:lol: :lol:

gray is definatly my sneak in state finalist pick he is not wrestling up to potential right now i've seen him wrestle so much better over the last couple of years i thought he was gonna sneak in there last year honestly if he comes to wrestle at state i think he can beat whiting he's the only one that i think actually has a chance

dan lost a tough one in the semis to bradford from ryle. he hurt his ankle during that match and wasnt the same after. later he barly lost to oldham county, but was basically on one leg. griggs majored him earlier at capital city.

shotwell will win he's an all around great wrestler if he doesn't win i'd be shocked

I saw Hedges second match with the kid from Southern and I have no idea how Kasey got stuck by him in the quarters.

Joe Davis came to wrestle on Sat. He beat Lacy from Lafayette and gave Logsdon all he could handle (Logsdon was dominating the whole match, taking him down at will, but w/ 20 secs left Davis tossed him and nearly got the pin. Logsdon only won by 3 or 4.) Joe also beat the trinity kid for 5th place.

I will say it again.  I think that Justin Davis will go through the state tournament with very little opposition.  I am not taking anything away from Shotwell but I think he is on a different level.  He is a motor that will not stop and the strength and speed to match.  Anybody can get caught on any given day, but I just don't see it happening.

I saw Hedges second match with the kid from Southern and I have no idea how Kasey got stuck by him in the quarters.

Joe Davis came to wrestle on Sat. He beat Lacy from Lafayette and gave Logsdon all he could handle (Logsdon was dominating the whole match, taking him down at will, but w/ 20 secs left Davis tossed him and nearly got the pin. Logsdon only won by 3 or 4.) Joe also beat the trinity kid for 5th place.

I'll give Hedges credit though, he came on here and posted who he lost and how. Very few young men do that on this board. It takes a man to admit when you get beat.

I will say it again.  I think that Justin Davis will go through the state tournament with very little opposition.  I am not taking anything away from Shotwell but I think he is on a different level.  He is a motor that will not stop and the strength and speed to match.  Anybody can get caught on any given day, but I just don't see it happening.

No way. Davis will have his way with most of the kids but the whole "I'm as wide as I am tall" thing Justin has going on coupled with his speed isn't going to overwhelm Shotwell like it has lesser wrestlers. Shotwell walks away with a sound victory.

No way. Davis will have his way with most of the kids but the whole "I'm as wide as I am tall" thing Justin has going on coupled with his speed isn't going to overwhelm Shotwell like it has lesser wrestlers. Shotwell walks away with a sound victory.

They've never met, so it's anybody's guess what will happen. I just hope they aren't on the same side of the bracket at State.

The same things were said about Miller and Brown last year.

The same things were said about Miller and Brown last year.

I could understand that being said about Brown but there wasn't anything special about Miller. Guy had no gas. Either way, Shotwell is far beyond what Dusty and Matt were last season.