Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingtime

New Female wrestling coaches and officials in Wrestling???

I thought this was a interesting subject and was posted in the General Wrestling category?

Are more women now joining both the coaching and officiating ranks. Its not happening that often??? :?

Grundy Va has a female wrestling coach.. or had one ?? not sure if shes still there

well my school likes to use the term "technical" coach now for people that actually do stuff for wrestling. But the only woman technical coach I know of is at Northeast

Is she heavy? I remember a girl for Northeast that wrestled either 189 or 215 a couple of years back actually like 5 or 6 years back wonder if it's the same one. She was a beast though.

hello...northeast...what KY high school is Northeast???

I guess womens coaches can come in all shapes and sizes?

Someone mentioned there was a female wrestling referee in Louisville area a few yrs ago??

But may not be officiating now in the sport?

Interesting, that in 2009, not many women are joining the ranks.

:?

well my whole point was I havent seen one in Kentucky other then our Mrs Gusse who handles paperwork. And Northeast seems really close to me since they are like right outside the gate.

she didnt look like a former 189 to me but I didnt ask.

hello...northeast...what KY high school is Northeast???

I guess womens coaches can come in all shapes and sizes?

Someone mentioned there was a female wrestling referee in Louisville area a few yrs ago??

But may not be officiating now in the sport?

Interesting, that in 2009, not many women are joining the ranks.

:?

He should have stated that Northeast is Northeast Clarksville a team in TN that is right below the Christian County Area and near the Army base Ft. Campbell.

very nice article...

I guess Ft.Campbell has enjoyed some success in KY HS wrestling over the years?

They have had individual success. It is hard to build a tradition of winning though when you have kids constantly moving because of deployment or switching bases.  When a school board though sees a team not winning they really don't support them especially when you could be providing more and more to a back to back state championship football team. Ft. Campbell I know has some of the best athletes but they need a good recruiter and head coach to bring these kids into the sport. 

Grundy Va has a female wrestling coach.. or had one ?? not sure if shes still there

I wrestled in the Grundy VA program over ten years and graduated in 1998. Up to that point and to date Grundy has never had a female competitor nor coach. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented female wrestlers participating in and even coaching our great sport but I just wanted to clear up any mis-understanding, Grundy VA does not have and has not had a female coach.

Very good point well taken. Grundy has been a very good VA HS wrestling program over the years.

Highly doubtul they have employed a head female wrestling coach.

I guess they are just very sparse all over the country. Just a handul of women coaches???

I wrestled in the Grundy VA program over ten years and graduated in 1998. Up to that point and to date Grundy has never had a female competitor nor coach. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented female wrestlers participating in and even coaching our great sport but I just wanted to clear up any mis-understanding, Grundy VA does not have and has not had a female coach.

thank you for clearing that up for me i guess maybe i was just misinformed