Flyboy

State Duals?

I forgot about that one.  Given that for Union (losses to Tates Creek, Larue, and Trinity) I think they drop down.  Campbell's only loss is to Ryle (who they also beat) and Woodford is unbeaten without a "big" victory.  Who gets the #3, Campbell or Woodford?

I would have to give the #3 seed to Woodford because they dont havent lost and the only good team the CC has been Ryle and they lost to them so its only fair to make the seeding...

1.Trinity

2.Larue

3.WC

4.CC

5.Union

woodford beat tates creek

tates creek beat unin

not a dual but at tci TC placed ahead of campbell county 

woodfords toughest competition has been TC

no other top teams but have soundly defeated all teams that they were expected to 

I forgot about that one.  Given that for Union (losses to Tates Creek, Larue, and Trinity) I think they drop down.  Campbell's only loss is to Ryle (who they also beat) and Woodford is unbeaten without a "big" victory.  Who gets the #3, Campbell or Woodford?

They beat Ryle's jv team with two varsity wrestlers.

I don't have anything aganst Tates Creek but I they wouldn't have come in second had it been a round robin.  They were in the easiest pool to come out of.  There just wasn't that much competition in their pool.  If I am correct they had Dunbar, Montgomery Co. Madison Co. and Bryan Station and Western Hills.  Dunbar was their only competition.  Madison Co. is a first year team and  BStation and W Hills don't have full teams.  The other pool had Woodford, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Harrison, Franklin, and Bourbon Co.  The Woodford Co. pool was stacked.  Just my opinion.

Yea i Completely agree with that one

not to take anything away from tates creek they a tuff team.

all the excuses in the world cant take away our second place spot, so how about people stop dwelling on the fact that we came in second, and start looking forward to the state tournament and the state duals.

Who would have beaten Tates Creek. You say you're not trying to take anything away from them, but that is exactly what you are doing. The only team that can beat Tates Creek in region 7 this year is Woodford Co. Please tell me who the other "team" is. I have seen every other Region 7 team wrestle this year and from 103-HWT. There is not another team. To rehash what has already been said, Franklin Co. finished SECOND meaning they are the second best team from the other pool and they got run over by Tates Creek 51-27.

Also if you want to assign blame for the way the pools played out blame Joe Carr, Russ Riegle and Andy Critchfield who all voted to only seed the top four teams. John Griggs, Tates Creek's head coach repeatedly voted to seed all teams in the region.

I'm waiting for a lucid response to this? People want to complain yet they bring it on themselves. Who would have beaten TC at the Region 7 duals? Both Henry Clay and Harrison Co. had far too many holes in their lineup to win. Tates Creek beat both the 3rd and 4th place finishers (PLD and Franklin Co.) There is no one else who could have beaten them. Also Woodford Co. barely won in their dual it could have easily been the other way around.

I'm sorry these comments are not based in fact. Tates Creek still would have come in 2nd. They are the second best team in Region 7.

As a Henry Clay fan it pain sme to say this but I must admit that Tates Creek is the second best in the region this year. After watching every 7th region team in action this year, I just don't see any other team beating them. I think if we would have had a full lineup of Walton, Bryant and Mims we could have given them a run for second, but it wasn't in the cards that day.

maybe not now with Zac Brown out for the season and 171 and 215 hurt

i will agree with this statement. tates creek when we had the region 7 duals was the 2nd best team there those two days. with our current lineup, i am not so sure of this statement, but anything and everything happens in a wrestling season. and as stated before, coaches voted to randomly draw the pools, it was brought on by the coaches, unfair or not.

oh and i have just noticed everyone was talking about union losing. you must remember a lot of their dual loses were when many wrestlers were up many weight classes and even some still in football. i know whenever tates creek beat them luke was 140 or 145 caleb was 135 carr was 130 young was 125 and issac didnt wrestle (im sure there were some other line up effects in there too) just thought i would mention it. union is still a high caliber team that has a shot at doing very very well

the thing about union having their wrestlers up, is that all of them still won their matches except for young, so the result would have been the same even if carr had been 25 and beaten me, because they would have forfeited a weight.

yes but pins may differ when wrestling up and they still were missing issac and a few others

well considereing that, it would have been a very close dual, going either way. and people still doubt tates creeks dualing ability. we would have hung with one of the best teams in the state, if not beaten them.

maybe you will draw Union and we will see.

it will be different now because they will be with all of their wrestlers, and we'll be without ours. i would love to draw union county though, that way i can see how i fair against arron. i look forward to wrestling him.

Lexington schools just aren,t deep enough, regional duals are 6 weeks before state duals and they either have guys out at region and dont qualify or qualify and have guys out at state duals.

yes i do agree that the region duals should prolly be moved a little closer to the state duals, but this year at the time of regional duals, tates creek was the second best dual team. i think we would have beaten woodford had we known they were going to forfeit 189, cause then we could have bumped up daniel griggs to wrestle semones, and if daniel had pinned semones, then we would have won by four points. assuming we still got the six points for 189.