Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON NOV 15

That is a good question.  Besides the many good responses already provided, I saw him wrestle a few times last year and was really impressed.  Yes, he will be stepping up to the big time this year, but when you've been scrapping in the room every day with Ethan Miller, Shane Parks, and Coty Lewis to name a few, you are probably ready for it.  I think there will be a lot of guys surprised by him who walk on the mat and say "Mack who?"

But how do we know that Lewis, Parks and Miller ever practiced with Logsdon, i know stubborness is my weakness but i just dont see someone like Logsdon being top 10 in the rankings so far. Maybe he should be ranked but not top ten already, and not when there are plenty of kids that were wrestling varsity last year that might of become better this past summer. Don't take me disagreeing with you ranger on this subject personal, i actually find all that you say correct so if you say he will be good im obligated by your reputation to agree.

But how do we know that Lewis, Parks and Miller ever practiced with Logsdon, i know stubborness is my weakness but i just dont see someone like Logsdon being top 10 in the rankings so far. Maybe he should be ranked but not top ten already, and not when there are plenty of kids that were wrestling varsity last year that might of become better this past summer. Don't take me disagreeing with you ranger on this subject personal, i actually find all that you say correct so if you say he will be good im obligated by your reputation to agree.

Hey, we're all allowed our opinions and you are free to disagree without fear of hurting my feelings.  Hopefully, we can keep the discussion appropriate.  Since you play well with others, I'll provide you some analysis on this one.  As I said before, I've seen Logsdon wrestle and he didn't look much live a JV guy last year.  That was dictated by their lineup.  Second, Woodford has that incredible streak (10+ years) of finishing in the top 3 at state.  You don't get that by just having kids like Courtney and Richard Starks (to randomly pick a couple studs).  They are always able to turn those jv guys into first year varsity competitors.  And I don't think they do it by keeping them from wrestling the good kids in practice.  They realize that at some point those kv kids will have to step up to varsity and they are prepared to do it.

:roll: Penis is a bad word?  Okay, I'm sorry if I offended your delicate vocabulary.  I shall refrain from using the term on this forum in the future.  Since my three year old already uses the term when speaking about his anatomy and it is the medical name for that portion of your anatomy, I thought it was okay to use.

Oh I get it.  Your anatomy.  Thanks for the clarification sphincter hole.  How about you put your 3 year on the keyboard so we can have an intelligent discussion of ky h.s. wrestling rankings without listening to you whine and cry about your favorite wrestler being ranked 2 spots too low.  B-O-O H-O-O.  Reply all you want, you're no longer amusing, just annoying.  I'm done.

Brandon Whitehouse is like 145

he wrestled Steven Willbanks at the SO scrimmage

also Chase Rusch is weighing 119 and said he was planning to wrestle at it

Who won between Whitehouse and Willbanks?

Hey, we're all allowed our opinions and you are free to disagree without fear of hurting my feelings.  Hopefully, we can keep the discussion appropriate.  Since you play well with others, I'll provide you some analysis on this one.  As I said before, I've seen Logsdon wrestle and he didn't look much live a JV guy last year.  That was dictated by their lineup.  Second, Woodford has that incredible streak (10+ years) of finishing in the top 3 at state.  You don't get that by just having kids like Courtney and Richard Starks (to randomly pick a couple studs).  They are always able to turn those jv guys into first year varsity competitors.  And I don't think they do it by keeping them from wrestling the good kids in practice.  They realize that at some point those kv kids will have to step up to varsity and they are prepared to do it.

Yes, the tradition has been set at that school and their coaches seem to know how to keep it going.  Other programs that seem to have a great tradition going are:  Ryle, Trinity, Campbell, Sheldon Clark, Larue, & South Oldham to name a few.  I agree that members of their team probably deserve a benefit of the doubt.  Nice analysis Ranger  (that is all I asked for, and I thank you for taking the time for this person).

Wow, Rusch is back at 119?  He did fairly well there as an 8th grader.  He should do quite well if he can maintain 119 this year!

Whitehouse only weighed 140 for the body fat test, so I think he will at least be there, if not 135.  And I have Rusch back at 119.  That could be an interesting weight class this year.  Really tough at the top, with some young up-and-comers.

Whitehouse only weighed 140 for the body fat test, so I think he will at least be there, if not 135.  And I have Rusch back at 119.  That could be an interesting weight class this year.  Really tough at the top, with some young up-and-comers.

Does one have to have special access to see these body fat tests or is there public access to us common everyday fans?

Thompson from franklin county has decided just to stay at 130 this year. it would be a easier cut and he would have a lot more strength to be very competitive for a state title at 130

Does one have to have special access to see these body fat tests or is there public access to us common everyday fans?

Wrestlers can access there own weight loss plans, but only coaches, athletic directors, etc can access the other information.

i believe willbanks did i am not positive but i believe thats what i heard

Steven Willbanks and Nick Vincent both majored Dan Thomson and Brandon Whitehouse.

Steven 145

Nick 140

Nick is going head to head with Steven at practice and even beat him at the scrimmage

So i would watch out for him this year at 140

Steven Willbanks and Nick Vincent both majored Dan Thomson and Brandon Whitehouse.

Steven 145

Nick 140

Nick is going head to head with Steven at practice and even beat him at the scrimmage

So i would watch out for him this year at 140

thing thats a surprise but i mean nick is a very good wrestler i could deff see him having a possibly to place this year but we will all just have too see

Anderson co works hard but need some talent as well. They need another Isaacs.

Hope to see some of Anderson wrestlers winning a few matches at state this year. Cory Vincent has excelent technique but seems to get caught up in matches. He needs to relax because he knows more then most just has to put it all together in a match.

Hunter Lilly could be very good this year if he can get his weight down and be a 112.

Ben Joseph actually uses his long legs  and realizes where he is on the mat and puts himself in good position could put out some competion possibly winning some matches at state.

Zack Cotton if he could listen to what he is taught and make weight for heavyweight and get in decent shape should do some damage this year.

Anderson having any state placers this year... doubtful but hope im wrong.

no nick isaacs decided to live with his uncle in oregon where hes from and never started going to anderson. its a shame tho. the kids a badass. way better then sam.

171 David George beat Kyle Forbes tonight 6-1

160 Jeff Thomson beat Ross Robinson 10-4

140- Dan Thomson pinned John Lampe

119- Barnett beat Chase Rusch 7-6

Final team score was like 58-15.  St X looked good, North Oldham only had like half their varsity guys.

Ranger, what do you think of Anderson County and some of their wrestlers?

Just based on rankings, Cotton looks to be the best shot at a medal this season.  I don't know a lot about him, but at heavy anything can happen.  Next, I would go with Ben Joseph.  BUT he is in a tough range there.  112, 119, and 125 are pretty deep, but his experience should win him a few matches.  The Vincent boys seem to have been around a while, but haven't won a lot of big matches.  Overall, I think they are still building down there.  I'm sure Isaacs got the team some attention after the state finals appearance.  Hopefully generated some interest.

i dont normally chime in on rankings but i think that lafayette is very underranked on a state level and individualy.

I hear that Will Bryant and Jimmy Lacy have worked pretty hard, but I'm not sure what other individuals are underrated.  Throw me some names and we'll see if they're on my radar.