Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON OCT 1

JPIZAR must live under a rock...or in Woodford County. lol

Actually both I guess lol.  Went to Woodford then WV to wrestle in college for 5 and a half years, just returned this past season.  Again who is Dusty Stengel, who does he wrestle for, has he accomplished anything?  I didn't see him as a placer last year anywhere around Courtney's weight.  Obviously his screename on here is Danger but that doesn't tell me anything.  Remember I've been living under a rock.  :-D

Ashbrook is a good wrestler but choate won. and if your basing whose better by there match against trent webb then Sam Isaacs teched trent webb in 30 sec in the secound round. Choate couldnt beat Harrison tho. Choate is a good wrestler but he is a low score defensive wrestler. and i dont think his defense could compare to Harrisons attack.

ooh yea. Sam Isaacs got cheated in the state finals. Giving a point for pushin out of bounds. He was holding on as dakota ran out. They should of let them wrestle. to win a state finals like that is wack.

I believe Harrison will be a 52 tho. and they wont ever wrestle.

The best wrestler, best individual, best team does not always win.  When it comes to any championship event all that matters is who is best that day or that weekend.  Good, bad, or the worst wrestler in KY history it doesn't matter Choate was the best that weekend and rightfully deserves the title of State Champion.

Also for all of you throwing out facts please make sure to include all the facts not just the ones that support your argument.  Webb did tech Choate but it was just after Choate returned from an injury.  Yes Webb got teched by Isaacs but he also came back to beat him in a close match at Regions before losing a close match 9-5 in the state semifinals.

The best wrestler, best individual, best team does not always win.  When it comes to any championship event all that matters is who is best that day or that weekend.  Good, bad, or the worst wrestler in KY history it doesn't matter Choate was the best that weekend and rightfully deserves the title of State Champion.

Also for all of you throwing out facts please make sure to include all the facts not just the ones that support your argument.  Webb did tech Choate but it was just after Choate returned from an injury.  Yes Webb got teched by Isaacs but he also came back to beat him in a close match at Regions before losing a close match 9-5 in the state semifinals.

Try taking your own advice about knowing the facts.  Webb beat Choate by 13 I believe.  That is not a tech!

Regardless of how it went down.  Webb was a nice suprise.  Not many people actually knew who he was going into the season.  He made some great improvements in one year.  I would have to give him is props on that, and also a tip of a hat to his coaching staff. 

As for Choate. I'm not a Choate fan myself.  He doesn't show me much, he usually capatalizes on others mistakes.  This wrestling style unfortunately works in KY.  I will say this he does know how to win.

Ashbrook was in my opinion the best wrestler in that wt. class.  However unlike Choate he never knew how to win the big one. Sort of like Thuenerman.  A true champion knows how to win all the time. 

Finally Sammy Isaccs.  I had always liked watching this kid wrestle.  I'm glad he finally made it to the finals.  He was always good enough to make it but always fell short. If I were a DII or smaller wrestling coach I would look at Sammy.  I think he has the abillity to improve the most.  Not taking anything away from his coaches but he went to a school that has not been considered a wrestling powerhouse.

Two cents is correct.  The best team/wrestler does not always win. Just look at the NFL last year.

No April fools. I don't care if the coaches want people to know or not. I'm sick of the back and forth not knowing if he's wrestling or even in school. He no longer goes to PRP. He won't be eligable to wrestle anywhere. He's done. He was suppose to be my partener and we were suppose to get eachother where we needed to be. Me and him. It was gonna be our year. Now it's gone. I'm very disappointed.

From what I have heard it is true that Choate will not be wrestling this year.  Sad to hear indeed.

It's true.  Dakoda does not attend PRP anymore.  He transferred to North Hardin.  He will not be able to wrestle, but does plan to play baseball there.  Disappointed is an understatement.  I beleive he could have changed peoples minds about the way he wrestles this year.

It's true.  Dakoda does not attend PRP anymore.  He transferred to North Hardin.  He will not be able to wrestle, but does plan to play baseball there.  Disappointed is an understatement.  I beleive he could have changed peoples minds about the way he wrestles this year.

so...how is he able to play baseball, but cant wrestle...is it that he just does not want to wrestle

The only way he would be eligable for baseball is if he did not play baseball with PRP.

Why would he trasfer his senior year?

If he trasfered because his family moved then he would still be eligable for wrestling.

wow.. north hardin... i wonder if choate will assist them in coaching the team or not??

The only way he would be eligable for baseball is if he did not play baseball with PRP.

Why would he trasfer his senior year?

If he trasfered because his family moved then he would still be eligable for wrestling.

Well whatever the reason for the transfer..i believe choate has pissed ole danger off

:-( yea its true im no longer wrestling, but get all the facts right before everything gets started. im not going to north hardin at all, wrestling was my passion and i loved it. i spent my whole summer wrestling in tournaments. school came around and everything was fine i was making good grades and not missing school. i was in good shape from soccer, yes i was 20 pounds over 160 but i was in good shape. what happened was personal and there was nothing i could have done about it. dusty sorry to let you down but life isnt always easy. coach thanks for thinking i could have changed peoples minds this year and to everyone that talked bad about me and wasnt a choate fan or anything then oh well i guess i just gave you one less wrestler to get on here and talk about.

Dakoda - while i admit i wasn't a big fan of your style of wrestling or the pink hair (just kidding)...there was no denying you were successful and a STATE CHAMP.  No one can take that away.  You always seemed like a good kid on your posts.  It's a shame to hear you're going through some rough times, hopefully God has a plan for you and things work out for the best in the end. 

Good luck to you.

Choate its a shame.. you were such a good wrestler, I do not know what happened but i wish you the best of luck in whatever you do..

Look out for some surprises in Region 6, wrestler has been cleared to wrestle this year which was not able to last year.

I kno this is off the subject of choate and im really sorry i was a big fan when he beat sammy

but austin jones will be goin 125 this year he is about 130 now

I dont think choate beat sammy. Sammy beat sammy. Choate got lucky that the ref called such a bad call of pushin off the mat. If not called the score 1-1. It was the state finals some dumb call for it. Let a champion actually win. Not saying choate still wouldnt of won but he would of had to try to actually score instead of being just defensive the rest of the match after that call.

by the way 6minutes since you want to pick on me a year after my state championship but that call is also the only reason ashbrooke and I even went into over time. I had that call against me to tie the match up and send it into overtime.

Lets just end the Choate topic. I don't care if you like him, don't like him, or don't know who he is. He isn't wrestling so he doesn't need to be discussed. Lets keep the conversation focused on something that pertains to this upcoming season.