top no particular order

Joe Carr ---4 timer 5 time finalist

Issac Knable ---4 timer

Willie Ennels ---3 timer could have been more dominant

Troy Cole--2 timer 4 time finalist--well rounded wrestler

TendaiCharasika--a beast very dominant

Pat Martz --3 timer just missed being 4 timer awsome with the legs

Livingston Merritt--Whew was he tough

Ian Horn--3 timer awsome wreslter to watch really put on a show.

David Richey--3 timer who dominated his wt. class.

Bruce Stepp--maybe the best big man ever.

Brad Cooper--3 timer 4 time finalist (would have done more but couldn't wrestle varsity 8th grade)

Robert Kemper--could wrestle anyone.

Scott Cooper--Loved to watch him wrestle, one of the best matches ever his sr. year against Metzker

Robbie Clarkston--4 timer

Danny Davis--2 time Hwt maybe the only 4th place finisher in region to win state--defeated 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd to win it, (in that order)

Chris Hagen-2 timer defeated Kemper to get to finals sr. year.

Jared Trice--Maybe the top of my list.

A couple 1 time winners who might top the list

Dominic Black

Curt Zinga

Mike Migliachio

Kyle Ruschell

A couple who may make the list after this year.

Jacob Murton

Taylor Shearer

Richard Starks

Those to look for

Courtney Harrison

Travis Sullivan

Wolsefer

I'm sorry to anyone i affend but i just cant put Ian Horn in my top ten cause Charlie Rowe of Conner had him on his back for a whole period with a spladle and Horn only one the match by a few to Charlie, so i'm sorry but cause of that there is no way Horn can go on my list... Sorry Charlie, but i had to do it

I'm sorry to anyone i affend but i just cant put Ian Horn in my top ten cause Charlie Rowe of Conner had him on his back for a whole period with a spladle and Horn only one the match by a few to Charlie' date=' so i'm sorry but cause of that there is no way Horn can go on my list... Sorry Charlie, but i had to do it[/quote']

Ian Horn can't go in your top 10 because of one match?

What about being in the top 3 in the country for wins by the time he graduated high school? Three state championships? One match does not a wrestler make, and Ian Horn has plenty on his resume to be included in the discussion.

This list will not be new, nor will it include anyone outside of Woodford County (I had tunnel-vision when I was in high school, though I'm much more knowledgeable now that I've been following wrestling in the state as a whole more closely the past three years), but here's how I'd rank the best wrestlers I've ever seen:

While in HS:

Joe Carr, Jr.

Ian Horn

Chris Dunn

Josh Whitaker

Michael Jackson

Chris Valentine

Outside of HS:

Richard Starks

I only put one on the second list because Richard has by far been the most dominant wrestler I've seen for Woodford in the past three years. Overall, I'd have to give the nod to Jacob or Jairus Murton, both of whom just have seemed unbeatable.

But overall, the best wrestler I've ever seen is Joe Carr, Jr. Unfortunately, I missed out on getting to see Isaac Knable -- what years was he in school? Sounds like he was dominating in the years between my HS days and my wrestling-following days of now.

Grappler-of -Old,

You wouldn't put Ed Brandon of North Hardin on your list, a 3 time state champion, undefeated in 3 years, MOW of State Tourney 2 years, that wrestled D-1 for 4 years at Indiana University? Maybe he was before your time. Anyhow there are alot of great wrestlers on your list, but only a handful have better stats than that. He only wrestled for North Hardin for 3 years as he was overseas his freshman year as an army brat. Probably would've been a 4 time state champion had he lived here. But dealing with actual facts, that is still an awesome wrestler.

I am not up on alot of wrestling history other than North Hardin's, but curious how many wrestlers from Kentucky went undefeated for 3 years. Anyone know?

Dominic Black was a World Team member in 1999 and won the Pan-American Games in the same year. He also placed 4th at the 1991 NCAA Championships. So if we're going to include post-high school careers in this discussion he would have to be the best from KY ever.

Why Top Ten, Lets look at the top five in each wieght class of all times...

Top 275 All Time:

1. Bruce Stepp

2. Livingston Merritt

3. Frank Wolnitzek

4. John Sawaya

5.Chris Floyd

Top 215 All Time:

1. Livingston Merritt

2. Josh Whitiker

3.Justin Saner

4.Taylor Scherer

5????

Top 189 All Time:

1. Miguel Merritt

2.Bruce Stepp

3.Jason Detre

4.David Moore

5.Richard Starks (if he wins this year)

if your going to add kids like

Starks

Kyle Ruchell

Jaruis Murton

Jacob Murton then there are many other kids that come into play in this one not taking anything away from them but

Damean Leveall Christian county all the talent in the world could have been great

George King Union County same thing didnt care

Desmond Wilford wow

Scott Cooper larue

tyler Baldwin very tech wrestler

Luke Metzker herny clay and a three timer if he dont stall and wrestles

Eric Slugantz woodford pinning and teching to the finals

Billy clark a 1 timer but if not sick and couldnt attend a 2 timer easily dominated his finals match

Kris Perry a 1 timer again but the right call a two timer easliy also pinning and teching to the finals both years he went and beat lot of top wrestlers.

not saying the kids are the best ky has to offer, cause back in the day it was real and the best in my mind is David richie from caldwell the most dominant wrestler in ky ever i think. but these kids need to come into play before those above i believe a some to be added. and there are probaly many more that i just aint thinking about right now. but there are to many old school great wrestlers that we can't even fit in todays new school wrestlers

top 5 are

David Richie

Joe Carr

Ian Horn

Willie Ennels

Merrit they where is stars of ky

I have news for you all. None of these guys would have won even 1 state title in Indiana. Joe Carr jr only beat me by 2 points at old Capitol  classic at corydon and I never even made it to state. 

Matto37 

You obviously have no idea what your talking about I've beat indiana state champs actually a 2 time indiana state champ and many state placers in Indiana. Joe was on my team and I assure you he would of been a 4 time Indiana state champ as well. 2nd we Woodford won Corydon tournament easily i won it as a freshman lol did you not think eventually somebody would read your stupid comment that knows better?

Above comments your referring to Joey Roby from Caldwell he was a beast graduated around 93.

Dominique Black is the most decorated ky wrestler being an Olympian hands down should be #1 on all lists including mine.