Sign in to follow this  
Buddhabomb528

Finals Predictions

I have to agree everyone can be beat and Zarth has lost a couple of matches in the regular season, but it seems as if he turns it up a notch above the other wrestlers when it comes to state, he has beat some pretty good wrestlers in the past two years at state, so until someone knocks him off in the state tournament he has to be the one to beat at 119 even if he's not ranked #1.

I agree. Zarth might be the best in the state at peaking at the right time. He is always at his best in February and Matt Zarth at his best is better than anyone else at that weight. His sophomore year he allowed 2 points in 5 matches at state. Those points came on a last second reversal by Josh Johnson in the semis, but Matt still won 7-2. He then went on to major Chiu in the Final 9-0. Last year, Zarth controlled every match from start to finish, including wins over Elliot Martin and Ethan Miller. Martin beat Zarth by decision at the WCI final and Miller defeated Zarth in the regional final. These are all persuasive facts in support of the argument that Zarth is on a whole different level from his competition. We'll see if anyone can give him a run, but as of now I doubt it will happen.

I'd like to add that both Kasey Hedges and Dan Griggs from Tates Creek have impressed me this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the finals this year. That's not a prediction, just an opinion.

i think zarth in his sophomore year beat parks 12-2 in region finals and then at state he had dominating wins over wood and chui and i guess josh johnson (i didnt know that one) and then last year he had some losses to higher ranked wrestlers and then at state he handled everyone again. both years before state he looked to be evenly matched on a state level and both years at state he looked levels above his competition.

He only lost to Elliot Martin and Ethan Miller last year i thought. I mean I wouldn't call that have a down season before state. Both are very tough wrestlers, but it's hard to be consistant when facing tough competition every week, especially in his region.

He only lost to Elliot Martin and Ethan Miller last year i thought. I mean I wouldn't call that have a down season before state. Both are very tough wrestlers, but it's hard to be consistant when facing tough competition every week, especially in his region.

he lost to carr and jon voth and i heard he lost to dc evens but im not sure about that one, and know i wasnt saying he had a down season but he wrestled on the same level as all those guys until state were he was unmatched

he also lost a close match to aaron carr at the tates creek open, and had another one point match that day with demery. then later at regional duals jon voth cut to 119 and just handled him. i think it was like a 6 or 7 point win. to be honest i dont think he lost to elliot. that was what i call a reffed match. he got reffed out of that match, and everyone that saw the match knows it. not taking anything away from elliot, hes a great wrestler, but zarth won that match in my book.

I like Zarth a lot but I thought Martin was the best wrestler last year at 119.  If they, Zarth Miller Martin Carr wrestled a round robin ten times I think he would come out on top half the time.

I like Zarth a lot but I thought Martin was the best wrestler last year at 119.  If they, Zarth Miller Martin Carr wrestled a round robin ten times I think he would come out on top half the time.

did martin and zarth go one and one last year? i cant remember if they met at state or not, and does this round robin tournament take place at state? lol cause if so i choose zarth.

he also lost a close match to aaron carr at the tates creek open, and had another one point match that day with demery. then later at regional duals jon voth cut to 119 and just handled him. i think it was like a 6 or 7 point win. to be honest i dont think he lost to elliot. that was what i call a reffed match. he got reffed out of that match, and everyone that saw the match knows it. not taking anything away from elliot, hes a great wrestler, but zarth won that match in my book.

i think zarth bumped to wrestle voth and then at wci voth cut to 119 and zarth beat him in the semis so voth bumped back up to wrestle 125

zarth and martin only wrestled at the wci and in the state semis

i think zarth bumped to wrestle voth and then at wci voth cut to 119 and zarth beat him in the semis so voth bumped back up to wrestle 125

zarth and martin only wrestled at the wci and in the state semis

are you sure that voth wrestled zarth at the wci? i thought he got beat by someone else. maybe you are right though.

I'm so sick of this discussion. Right now Osborne should be ranked at #1. Right now Zarth is not on a whole other level than everyone he wrestles. Come state Zarth will be ranked #1. Come state Zarth will be on a whole other level than everyone else he wrestles. PERIOD. Its that simple. Until then all comments about him being on a whole other level should be witheld, at least until he beats Osborne impressively.

come state Zarth may be more worried about Lenz.  Let's wait and see how things turn out in Frankfort this weekend!  Just a thought. :-)

Come on now.  I like Andy and all, but to say that Zarth will be more worried about him than Osborne, who already has a win on him, seems to be a stretch to me.

103-Fahy vs Kincer

112-Bradbury vs Terry (i've seen terry improve alot i think he's got what it takes)

119-Zarth vs Supe

125-Schneider vs Johnson

130-Ervin vs  :? (Caleb is a beast)

135-Johson vs Brown (Great Matchup)

140-Slone vs Davis

145-Shotwell vs  :?

152-Courtney vs Ervin (Another good match)

160-Walls vs Ray

171-Hitchings vs  :?

189-Houchens vs Neal

215-Chiba vs Kelly

HWT-Whiting vs fat person

Y does everyone think Harrison is going to drop down to 152.

I have not heard anything

103: John Fahy (Tri) pin Neal Reburn (Un Co)

112: Myron Bradbury (Tri) major decision Andy Lenz (Har Co)

119: Matt Zarth (HC) major decision Michael Osborne (Ryle)

125: Aaron Carr (Un Co) decision Travis Krauziewicz (Wood Co)

130: Steve Norbury (SK) decision Caleb Ervin (Un Co)

135: Josh Johnson (JH) major decision Rayshawn Graham (Iroq)

140: Justin Davis (Eas) major decision Korey Shotwell (Cam Co)

145: Dusty Brown (Cam Co) decision Grant Ohlmann (Tri)

152: Dusty Stengel (PRP) decision Issac Ervin (Un Co)

160: Harrison Courtney (Wood Co) pin Jeremiah Walls (Bull Cen)

171: Brad Hitchings (Tri) major decision Sean Garcia-Chavez (Ft Knox)

189: Ryan Houchens (SO) decision Matt Neal (SK)

215: Ichiro Chiba (Old Co) decision Ryan Kelly (SC)

285: Jordan Whiting (Tri) pin Houston Croney (Chr Co)

Top 3:

Trinity

Union County

Campbell County

These are predictions today.  They will probably change once I see the state brackets.

103  John Fahy (TRIN) vs Robert Bracco (WOOD), Wild Card  TJ Ruschell (RYLE)

112  Myron Bradbury (TRIN) vd Jeff Warra (FAIR), WC Andy Lenz (HARC)

119  Matt Zarth (HENC) vs Michael Osborne (RYLE), WC Kevin Cooper (SK)

125  Aaron Carr (UNIO) vs Austin Palmer (RYLE), WC Kasey Hedges (TATE)

130  Steven Norbury (SK) vs Caleb Ervin (UNIO), WC Jordan Murphy (JOHA)

135  Josh Johnson (JOHA) vs John Lampe (STX), WC Zack Roland (RYLE)

140  Korey Shotwell (CACO) vs Justin Davis (EAST), WC Dan Thomson (NOLD)

145  Grant Ohlman (TRIN) vs Dusty Brown (CACO), WC Ricky Wright (SENA)

152  Isaac Ervin (UNIO) vs Ross Robinson (STX), WC Des Jakes (LARU)

160  Harrison Courtney (WOOD) vs Jeremiah Walls (BUCE), WC Conner Coyle (RYLE)

171  Brad Hitchings (TRIN) vs Marcell Haynes (NHAR), WC Will Hogben (RYLE)

189  Ryan Houchens (SOLD) vs Dan Griggs (TATE), Josh Lewis (TRIN)

215  Ryan Kelly (SHCL) vs Tyler Pace (WAYN), WC Brock Messina (TRIN)

285  Jordan Whiting (TRIN) vs Glenn Frost (JOHA), WC Vince Staten (MCCR)

Top 3 Teams

Trinity

Ryle

Union Co.

I'm so sick of this discussion. Right now Osborne should be ranked at #1. Right now Zarth is not on a whole other level than everyone he wrestles. Come state Zarth will be ranked #1. Come state Zarth will be on a whole other level than everyone else he wrestles. PERIOD. Its that simple. Until then all comments about him being on a whole other level should be witheld, at least until he beats Osborne impressively.

Sorry to offend you.  Who cares if he is on another level? ANd what does that even mean?

You whine too much.

These are predictions today.  They will probably change once I see the state brackets.

103  John Fahy (TRIN) vs Robert Bracco (WOOD), Wild Card  TJ Ruschell (RYLE)

That's the first time I've seen TJ Ruschell thrown in as a top contender at 103...