Sign in to follow this  
uncleruckus

update Henderson wrestling

Egotistical individuals that run your school sysyem don't see the benefit of a wrestling program.  They are only looking at how much money can this sport bring in.  You need a football coach that knows the benefits that wrestling can bring to his program.  In our great Commonwealth, it is Basketball, Football, and the rest good luck. 

This is just one of the many stupid decisons our school board has made recently. The current school board/superintendent is very unpopular in Henderson Co. and will probably see a big backlash in the upcoming elections(not because of wrestling though). The excuse they made had alot more to do with money, they didn't even mention Title IX. Even though when we hosted our first dual tourney at the school this year the athletic booster club ran the concessions and they said that they were pleased with the profits and hoped that we would host another tournament very soon. Our superintendent seems to always get out of the board what he wants and he was probably the one mainly behind getting rid of Henderson co., as our AD in the past had no problem with it, and continues to have no problem with it. Title IX is not an issue for us and i think Dr. Richey (our superintendent) knows this. In fact he used to run a school system in Ohio that had wrestling, and he mentioned to my father on the phone one night that he hated girls wrestling, and def never wanted to see that in Hend Co., because he felt it was inaproppriate. This is possibly one of the reasons why they wanted to eliminate it out of fears that girls might try and come out. (Though this is admittedly all just speculation) Though I share his feelings about girls and wrestling that is a poor excuse for eliminating a program.